Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific SSD Caching Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 8.9% over the forecast period 2021-2026.
- SSD Caching, first introduced by Intel as Smart Response Technology, provides improved performance for computers that use traditional hard drives. The technology reduces cost and reduces time to run an application as SSDs are faster. These benefits are now being realized by IT professionals, and they are looking for various ways to take advantage of SSD caching techniques.
- SSD Caching requires a combination of SSD drive and supporting software to perform the required functioning. SSD drives are costly; hence a combination of them is used with traditional hard drives to enhance performance efficiency. The market is still growing, with enterprises deploying these solutions to cut down costs and improve efficiency. These enterprises are required to analyze huge data sets coming through various data sources. Using SSD solutions makes the task easier without investing too much in high-powered drives and solutions.
- Asia-Pacific is becoming a huge market for tablets and laptops. Japan, South Korea, and China have a huge demand for tablets and laptops. India and China are also big manufacturing centers for companies like HP, Dell, Acer, etc., and with the increasing use of SSD in both laptops and tablets, the market for SSD caching will increase in the years to come.
- In the Asia Pacific, mobile technology and services are expected to create over USD 750 billion in economic value added (5.1% of GDP) by 2020. By 2025, this sum will have risen to USD 860 billion, as countries reap the benefits of growing mobile service adoption, which has resulted in increased productivity and efficiency. During this time, 5G is expected to boost all economic sectors of the region's economy as governments and businesses implement new digital solutions in line with Industry 4.0 goals. The mobile economy will be 2021, according to the GSMA.
- The outbreak of COVID-19 has a significant effect on the market. The raw materials supply is affected, hence the value chain is disrupted, causing an inflationary risk on products. The supply chain gap is projected to narrow as the electronics supply chains in China and South Korea begin to recover, notwithstanding a drop in COVID-19 cases. The coronavirus outbreak had an impact on SSD suppliers with factories, third-party assemblers, or source materials in Wuhan. Due to the tardy return of laborers amidst the virus-based limitations, the industries were running at low utilization.
Scope of the report
SSD caching, also known as flash caching, is the temporary storage of data on NAND flash memory chips in a solid-state drive (SSD) to allow for faster response to data requests. In an enterprise IT setting, the purpose of SSD read caching is to store previously requested data as it passes through the network so that it can be retrieved rapidly when needed. Placing previously requested information in temporary storage or cache decreases bandwidth usage and speeds up access to the most active data. Caching data on SSDs can potentially be a more cost-effective option than storing data on top-tier flash storage. SSD write caching's goal is to hold data briefly until slower persistent storage media has enough resources to complete the writing process.
Asia Pacific SSD Caching market is segmented by Application (Enterprise Storage, Personal Storage).
Key Market Trends
Enterprise Storage Expected to Hold Major Share
- APAC is expected to have the highest revenue growth in the enterprise storage market, followed by North America and Europe. Traditional storage products will generate significant income in the coming years due to the availability of cost-effective qualified personnel and secure on-premises storage infrastructure.
- The region is home to a few of the world's largest data centers in the world and hosts 7 of the largest data centers in the APAC region. These data centers have an average size of more than 3.5 million square feet.
- The Chinese data center industry has been witnessing a shifting trend toward service-oriented models. Virtualization and server upgrade has witnessed downward trends, while SaaS and LaaS have witnessed growth in adoption. The market for data centers is expected to receive much support from the adoption of hybrid cloud and private cloud solutions.
- The increasing growth of Internet-connected users with a growing number of SMEs and cloud service vendors in the past three years are offering significant growth opportunities across the region, where the interconnection bandwidth is accelerating with high demand in the region. For instance, According to Equinix report, the region is expected to grow at 51% per annum, contributing to more than 27% of Interconnection Bandwidth globally, owing to rapid urbanization.
- Currently, data-center applications in a variety of businesses are processing an expanding volume of data sets. The page cache's caching impact is hampered by its low capacity. In comparison to hard discs and DRAM, emerging flash-based SSDs provide lower latency and lower costs. As a result, SSD-based caching is commonly used in data centers. According to the worldwide cloud index, data center traffic has seen an increase in data storage requirements. Because of its high-performance features, the high-traffic data center will increase demand for SSD caching. SSD caching allows data centers and cloud computing environments to host more users and complete more transactions per second by accelerating input/output operations per second (IOPs) and reducing latency.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Cloud Storage to Drive the market
- Cloud platforms enabled new, complex business models and have been orchestrating more global-based integration networks in recent years. The deployment of storage solutions over the cloud offers greater convenience, as the service vendor is solely responsible for providing maximum uptime, data security, and periodic updates, thus, decreasing the total cost of ownership.
- The need to reduce latency by moving data closer to the customer, as well as governmental and business regulations for data to be kept locally within different areas, are projected to drive growth in cloud storage in the United States. Enterprises in the region that are installing complex cloud infrastructures want systems that can store, retrieve, process, and analyze large amounts of business-critical data fast. As a result of this demand, many firms in the United States are switching from SATA-based SSDs to NVMe-based SSDs for primary storage. The latest NVMe SSDs include caching capabilities. The data center sector is rapidly expanding, with a greater emphasis on efficiency and maximum uptime. For example, IBM Corporation built four new cloud data centers in the country in response to increased demand for cognitive capabilities in the country.
- In addition, the cloud acts as a catalyst for IT transformation, providing the flexibility to combine the preferred clouds and existing on-premises infrastructure in the ratio best suited for the workload.
- Furthermore, the rising focus on cost optimization and business agility has led to the expansion of cloud data centers. Also, cloud services adapt easily to the changing landscape to meet new requirements. This allows the client organization to focus on their core competency, which, in turn, results in their overall growth.
- The market is predicted to develop due to the increasing use of cloud computing and advancements in hybrid cloud deployment models. Other factors such as increasing internet penetration, IoT growth, hybrid cloud storage usage, and the demand for lower capex and opex are likely to boost the Asia-Pacific cloud storage market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The SSD Caching Market in the Asia Pacific is largely concentrated, with technology behemoths exerting supremacy thanks to cutting-edge technology and experience. To be competitive, businesses introduce new items with innovations and advancements on a regular basis. Acquisitions, partnerships, investments, mergers, and technological advances, and introductions are all used by major industry actors to stay competitive.
- May 2020 - Samsung developed a new SSD with support for the latest PCIe Gen. 4 standard and an E1.S form factor. The company's new PM9A3 SSD uses Samsung's sixth-generation 3-bit V-NAND technology and will be available in three form factors: E1.S, M.2, and U.2. The E1.S and U.2 versions of the SSD can reach peak sequential read and write speeds of up to 6,500 MB/s and 3,500 MB/s, respectively.
- May 2020 - The Intel Corporation has revealed that a 144-layer 3D NAND QLC SSD will be available later this year. The Alder Stream Optane SSD will be available in a single port configuration this year and a dual-port configuration in 2021, according to Intel. Alder Stream employs second-generation 3D XPoint media, which has four layers as opposed to two in the first version. It features a new controller ASIC with the most up-to-date software and PCIe 4 link technology.
Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
Micron Technology Inc
SK Hynix Inc.
Seagate Technology LLC
- March 2021 - A Solid State Drive (SSD) 670p has been released by Intel. The client SSD is a 144-layer quad-level cell-based device. The SSD can hold up to two terabytes of data in a single drive. According to Intel, SSDs can be used to supplement everyday computing needs as well as to assist extreme gaming. When compared to the previous generation Intel QLC 3D NAND SSD, the new SSD 670p is said to give improved performance, including a 2-times sequential read and a 20% endurance boost. To meet normal processing demands, the Intel SSD 670p has been optimized for low queue depth and mixed workloads.
- August 2020 - Intel launched SSD D7-P550/5600. The Intel" SSD D7-P5500 and Intel" SSD D7-P5600 Series is designed to improve IT efficiency and data security by providing optimum performance and capacity for all-TLC arrays. The Intel" SSD D7-P5500 and D7-P5600 include an all-new Intel PCle Gen4 controller and firmware that provides low latency, better administration capabilities, scalability, and crucial new NVMe features for Enterprise and Cloud settings.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Introduction to Market Dynamics
5.2 Market Drivers
5.2.1 Improvements Offered by SSDs Over Conventional HDDs
5.3 Market Challenges
5.3.1 High Cost of Products and Inconsistency regarding Low-rate Latency by SSDs
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.1 Enterprise Storage
6.1.2 Personal Storage
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Intel Corporation
7.1.2 Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd
7.1.3 Micron Technology Inc.
7.1.4 Western Digital Corporation
7.1.5 QNAP Systems Inc.
7.1.6 NetApp Inc.
7.1.7 Kioxia (Toshiba Memory Corporation)
7.1.8 SK Hynix Inc.
7.1.9 ADATA Technology Co. Ltd
7.1.10 Seagate Technology LLC
7.1.11 Transcend Information Inc.
7.1.12 Inspur Group
7.1.13 Microsemi (Microchip Technology Inc.)
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The APAC SSD Caching Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of APAC SSD Caching Market?
The APAC SSD Caching Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.9% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in APAC SSD Caching Market?
Intel Corporation, Samsung Electronics Co. Ltd, Micron Technology Inc, SK Hynix Inc., Seagate Technology LLC are the major companies operating in APAC SSD Caching Market.