Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 19.67 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 44.27 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||17.61 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market Analysis
The Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market size is estimated at USD 19.67 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 44.27 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 17.61% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Based on a survey conducted by Carousell Media Group in collaboration with IAB SEA and India, it was found that 99% of respondents plan to increase their retail media spending over the next year. China's Alibaba.com and JD.com are the largest retail media networks globally, with retail media spending accounting for 40.7% of all digital ad spending in the country. Asia-Pacific (APAC) region is expected to see strong growth in retail media spending, with an anticipated increase of 20% in the Philippines and 18% in Vietnam.
- Ad-techs successfully adopted program-based applications that eliminate the need for human execution methods required with premium inventory sectors often employed by brand campaigns. It is one of the key factors driving the rise of programmatic advertising in APAC region, as it is more effective and efficient than manual tag-based reservations.
- In particular, AD innovators like MOCA focused on Asian markets, setting up local teams in China, India, Indonesia, and Vietnam. It is to collaborate with top global publishers for user acquisition, branding, social media, CTV, beauty, weather, and other customized advertising solutions.
- The COVID-19 pandemic rapidly changed the Asia-Pacific programmatic advertising market. For instance, Google developed the Topics API solution to identify a handful of user interests via the Chrome browser, representing their top interests for that week. These interests were further utilized to categorize individuals into anonymous groups for advertising purposes.
- However, the Programmatic Advertising Market still faces significant challenges, such as measuring marketing results, maximizing cross-channel campaigns, and deprecating cookies. Companies like Google and AppNexus are already working to develop and refine platforms that detect fraudulent clicks before they appear in client analysis or consume their budget.
Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market Trends
Increasing use of AI & ML for Programmatic Advertising drives the growth.
- AI and ML are causing disruptions and transforming the technological landscape in almost all domains of every industry, and the marketing industry is still catching up to adopt this change. AI-based marketing utilizes detailed information on buying patterns and behavior. Companies like Google are reinventing their products by integrating AI and introducing techniques like speech recognition and language understanding to create real-world conversations.
- Digital marketing firms use chatbots, predictive and targeted content, content creation, and image recognition technology to improve the customer experience using AI. Businesses can utilize image recognition software as an AI tool to enhance the customer experience. Ad techs are designing AI-powered tools to help marketing strategists plan, research, and create content. In January 2022, an Indian start-up, Scalenut, launched a SaaS platform software that collates all content related to a topic and provides content reports from a single targeted keyword, which helps clients with SEO.
- Havas Worldwide India and Kolkata-based digital marketing agency Quite Easily Done (QED) entered into a partnership to drive creative and digital excellence for Havas Creative Group India. Eastern India offers unexplored commercial potential, and through this partnership, Havas can expand its presence in the region.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Mobile Programmatic Advertisements to Drive the Market Growth
- Increased digitization across Asia-Pacific is driving significant growth in digital marketing. Mobile apps are the key channel for digital marketing in APAC. There are 460 million internet users in Southeast Asia alone, so the opportunities for brands to leverage retail media to access new consumers are vast.
- A survey conducted by checkout.com outlined that 63% of respondents use mobile apps as their primary online shopping method. This number is expected to grow further along with smartphone penetration in Asia, reaching up to 78% by 2025.
- The rising popularity of social media and online content platforms like Instagram, TikTok, Pinterest, and Facebook resulted in the development of a new business model called Social commerce, which provides small businesses with a direct and affordable path to their clients.
- February 2023 - Foodpanda unveiled a suite of integrated advertising features, including the foodpanda app, digital marketing assets, and new partnership programs, along with Group M. By activating Foodpanda's in-app advertising and other media assets, GroupM clients will experience a fast-growing AdTech space.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Industry Overview
As more brands enter the mobile space and become serious about programmatic advertising, the opportunities for Programmatic Advertising Providers in the market continue to increase. The existing players in the market are expanding their range of product offerings to compete with the new entrants. With the help of innovative tools and solutions, programmatic advertising providers can select the right place and target the right people to maximize the potential of ad campaigns. Prominent leaders such as InMobi, Arki, and Inspire Asia Co., Ltd. dominate the market.
March 2023- Winkel Media partnered with Hivestack, a programmatic digital out-of-home (DOOH) solutions champion. Winkel Media's AI-powered, data-driven DOOH screens are strategically designed to deliver impactful and measurable campaigns in retail stores, enabling advertisers worldwide to activate campaigns via open exchange and private marketplace deals (PMP).
December 2022- Dentsu Programmatic launched its strategic programmatic supply solution, 'Dentsu Curate,' in India. The solution will assist advertisers in buying digital inventory across media in a brand-safe and fraud-free environment through robust evaluation mechanisms. The AD developer plans to improve media quality by consolidating supply and involving deeper integrations.
April 2022- InMobi collaborated with Anzu to provide its advertisers with direct access to Anzu's premium mobile programmatic inventory across the globe. Anzu's in-game advertising solution provides ads designed to complement the gameplay, respecting gamers and, in many cases, enhancing the gameplay experience.
Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market Leaders
ASIAPAC NET MEDIA LIMITED.
Inspire Asia Co., Ltd.
Integral Ad Science, Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market News
- March 2023: Remerge launched the agency activators program, which aims to guide its clients toward fundamental areas of mobile marketing, ranging from incrementality to creative strategy. This partnership program will empower media and brand agencies to become qualified leaders in the programmatic in-app advertising market.
- March 2023: The podcast company, Libsyn, collaborated with podcast brand development company Backyard Ventures to provide programmatic advertising. Through its AdvertiseCast platform, podcast creators under Backyard Ventures will access dynamically-inserted ads to help monetize their podcasts and entire back-catalog. By switching to programmatic advertising, Backyard Ventures plans to develop practical monetization efforts for a select group of their podcast clients.
- December 2022: SmartyAds partnered with Jam, the global creative production agency that delivers digital and traditional content, creative localization, and adaptation of advertising. Through this partnership, SmartyAds can showcase catchy and memorable ads that will help to drive its business.
APAC Programmatic Advertising Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Programmatic Advertising Market in Asia-Pacific
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth of Digital Media Advertisement
5.1.2 increasing use of AI & ML for Programmatic Advertising
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Lack of Skilled personel in Programmatic Advertisement
6. Market Segmentation
6.1 By Trading Platform
6.1.1 Real Time Bidding (RTB)
6.1.2 Private Marketplace Guaranteed
6.1.3 Automated Guaranteed
6.1.4 Unreserved Fixed-rate
6.2 By Advertising Media
6.2.1 Digital Display
6.2.2 Mobile Display
6.3 By Enterprise size
6.3.2 Large Enterprises
7. Compitetive Intelligence
7.1 Key Vendor profiles
7.1.2 ASIAPAC NET MEDIA LIMITED.
7.1.3 Inspire Asia Co., Ltd.
7.1.4 Aarki, Inc.
7.1.6 Integral Ad Science, Inc.
7.1.7 Smaato, Inc.
7.1.8 Hivestack Inc.
8. Investment Analysis
9. Future Outlook of the Market
APAC Programmatic Advertising Market Research FAQs
How big is the Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market?
The Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market size is expected to reach USD 19.67 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 17.61% to reach USD 44.27 billion by 2028.
What is the current Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market size?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market size is expected to reach USD 19.67 billion.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market?
InMobi, ASIAPAC NET MEDIA LIMITED., Inspire Asia Co., Ltd., Aarki, Inc. and Integral Ad Science, Inc. are the major companies operating in the Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Market.
Asia Pacific Programmatic Advertising Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Asia-Pacific Programmatic Advertising analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.