Aseptic packaging is used to seal a sterilized product in an unsterilized atmosphere. The major applications of aseptic packaging technology are the packaging of pre-sterilized, sterile and non-sterile products. Aseptic packaging products can range from bags and pouches to metal cans.
The APAC aseptic packaging market is expected to grow from USD 7.93 billion in 2016 to USD 17.71 billion by the end of 2021 at a CAGR of 14.33%. India and Australia are estimated to have the highest growth rates with China maintaining its position as the largest market in terms of revenue. The APAC region is home to more than half of the human beings in the world. The region has a steady economic growth. The GDP growth for 2016 - 2017 is forecasted to be more than 5% which is helped by growth in economies, robust credit growth and good labor markets.
As the economy grows, people start moving to the urban centers and now new satellite towns are getting created near the urban centers for the households. Small towns are expanding and are becoming new urban centers. It is not necessary for the manufacturing centers of the food industry to be close to these urban places as aseptic packaging is important so that the food lasts for longer duration. As urbanization is increasing, people are getting farther away from the producers of food. This is where aseptic packaging will help to retain the freshness of the products. China, India and Japan are the leading exporters of goods to various parts of the world. China exported more than USD 2 trillion worth of goods around the world. The goods exported from this region include food items that need to be securely sent by ships or other means of transport, for this aseptic packaging is needed and it is also growing as the export of food from this region is growing.
There is an increase in demand for longer shelf life products from consumers and retail outlets. Guarantees are expected that these products will not be soiled if transported over long distances. Furthermore, environmental concerns and laws force manufacturers to use those packaging solutions which can meet these demands. Aseptic packaging helps in addressing these concerns while maintaining the required established quality standards.
There are various concerns for the region like inflation problems, inadequate supply chains, restrictions by the governments, uncertain consumer behavior and fierce completion from domestic retailers. All these problems affect the aseptic packaging market.
These problems can be allayed by the fact that the governments in this region are opening the markets to companies from abroad. Policies are being changed by the governments to attract more investment. Also, they are implementing new projects to help the infrastructure to support the supply chain.
Some the major vendors in aseptic packaging are Amcor, Bemis, Krones, Bosch, CFT and DuPont. Some other companies with innovative products mentioned in the report are Evergreen Packaging, Lamican, Wild Flavours GmbH and Graham Packaging Company.
Demand for longer product shelf life, expansion of large multinational companies to emerging markets and new innovative packaging technologies are the major drivers for the high growth of the aseptic packaging market.
Concern about the environmental effects of aseptic packages; increased government regulations regarding the recycling of these materials. Further, rising raw materials cost will be a major challenge for the market growth over the coming years.
Reasons to buy this report
- The report gives complete market insights, the driving forces of the market, the challenges market faces, about different aseptic packaging technologies and their applications.
- It gives market trends of the type of Aseptic packaging technology.
- A complete market breakdown has been done by different countries to give a detailed picture of the market in that particular region.
- The report also gives information on major vendors of aseptic packaging products, their existing share in the market, strategies they adopt along with the major products, financials, recent developments and profile of these vendors.
Who is this report useful to?
- Vendors who are into manufacturing of these products as they can get an overview of what competitors are doing and also which markets they can look forward to expanding their operations.
- Processed food suppliers in need of better understanding of different technologies and products.
- Investors who are willing to invest in this market.
- Consultants who can have readymade analysis to guide their clients.
- Anyone who wishes to know more about this market.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Market Definition
2. Research Methodology
3. Executive Summary
4. Market Dynamics
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Demand for Longer Product Shelf Life
4.2.2 Improved Technologies in Packaging and Processing of Aseptic Products
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Concerns over Environment and Recycling
4.3.2 Increasing Cost of Raw Materials
4.4 Opportunities in the MEA Aseptic packaging market
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Model
4.6.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.6.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute products or Services
4.6.5 Competitive Rivalry among the existing Competitors
5. Technology Overview
6. Asia-Pacific Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Materials
7. Asia-Pacific Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Packaging Type
7.1 Carton Boxes
7.2 Bags and Pouches
7.3 Cups and Trays
7.4 Bottles and Jars
7.5 Metal Cans
7.6 Plastic Cans
7.7 Composite Cans
8. Asia-Pacific Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by End-User Industry
8.3 Pharmaceutical & Medical
9. Asia-Pacific Aseptic Packaging Market - Segmented by Countries
10. Key Vendors – Company Profiles (List Populated Globally)
10.2 Bemis Company
10.3 Krones, Inc.
10.5 CFT S.P.A.
10.6 Coesia S.P.A.
10.7 DS Smith Plc
10.8 Aseptic Solutions USA
10.9 Schott AG
10.10 Goglio S.P.A.
10.12 Tetra Laval
10.13 Greatview Aseptic Packaging
10.14 Reynolds Group Holdings
10.15 Ecolean Packaging
11. Investment Analysis
12. Future of the Asia-Pacific Aseptic Packaging Market