Fastest Growing Market:
The artificial intelligence in the food and beverage market is expected to register a CAGR of over 65.3% during the forecast period, (2020 - 2025). Changes in consumer demands toward preferring fast, affordable, and easily accessible food options have led to a transformation in the food and beverage industry, with market leaders leveraging advanced technologies, such as artificial intelligence and machine learning to scale operations and help companies stay relevant in a dynamic market environment.
- The AI has been actively gaining prominence over the last few years, with many of the companies actively investing in exploring the potential of technology in the industry. This emerging technology of AI is helping F&B companies with supply chain management through logistics, predictive analytics, and also transparency.
- Organizations are rapidly digitizing their supply chain to differentiate and also to drive revenue growth, which is improving the efficiency across the supply chain. Supply chains are generating massive amounts of data, where AI is helping the organization to analyze this data and gain a better understanding of variables in the supply chain by anticipating future scenarios.
- AI in supply chains is helping businesses to innovate rapidly by reducing the time to market, and by establishing an agile supply chain that is capable of foreseeing and also dealing with the uncertainties. This is driving the growth of AI in the food and beverage sector.
- AI provides many benefits to the F&B industry, but the high cost of large-scale deployment in the sector is restricting market growth. One of the challenges of the food processing industry is its feedstock, which can rarely found to be uniform. It is seen that the storage of the food is done with the help of manual labour. But with AI, this process of sorting can be automated, which can ultimately reduce the labour cost, increase the speed, and improve yields.
- For instance, Kewpie Corporation, a Japanese food processing company, uses AI enabled TensorFlow machine learning that can detect anomalies in food. According to the company, they are further planning to increase the use of AI in future, which will help them in maintaining strict safety standard.
- Companies who have the fortune of established data analytics capabilities and also the team of competent developers can safely build their own AI platform. F&B players without such resources are seeking out solutions and providers by clearly defined goals, needs, and also budgets.
Scope of the Report
Artificial Intelligence (AI) is a process of making intelligent machines that work and react like humans. The aim is to teach the machines to think intelligently just the way humans do. Till now, the machines have been doing what they were told to do. But with AI machines will think and behave like a human being. The food processing industry is leveraging the AI for enhancing various offerings, optimizing the operations, and delivering better customer experience.
| By Application |
| ||Food Sorting |
| ||Quality Control and Safety Compliance |
| ||Consumer Engagement |
| ||Production and Packaging |
| ||Maintenance |
| ||Other Applications |
| By End User |
| ||Food Processing Industry |
| ||Hotel and Restaurant |
| ||Beverage Industry |
| Geography |
| ||North America |
| ||Europe |
| ||Asia-Pacific |
| ||Rest of the World |
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
Key Market Trends
Consumer Engagement is Expected to Register a Significant Growth
- Investment made by the former chairman of Tata Sons, in Techbin Solutions Pvt Ltd’s Niki.ai (which is an AI-fueled chatbot that conducts conversations with consumers to assist them to order a wide range of services with the help of a chat interface) is depicting the investments and growth of the usage of chabots.
- AI is being applied to understand the consumer behavior, which is expected to lead to more accurate predictions. It can further enable marketers and organizations to reach out to the customers at a personal level, engage in deeper interactions, and enhance their overall experience with the brand.
- Furthermore, many consumers are adopting chabots, as they can effectively work on the offline mode. An American express report stated that more than 50% of the customers are willing to spend more in the companies that provide superior customer service. This opens up a tremendous opportunity for AI, which, in turn, is likely to fuel the growth of AI in the food and beverage market.
- AI can also help to analyze, monitor, and deduce the customer behavior and sentiments across the various social media channels. Therefore, when AI builds an in-depth customer profile, it matches it to their social experiences about the product. With the help of such powerful insights, firms can now aim to improve the customer experience and make it more productive, thereby leading to the growth of the market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold Major Share
- The AI in the food and beverage market is growing in North America, with the United States leading in the region. North America held a market share of 29.1% in 2017, which is the second-largest region for AI in the food and beverage market.
- In North America, the readiness for adoption and high fractional increase in replacement AI are the leading drivers of their economic impact, which reflects the region’s leading stance on AI and its implementation, and also the high automation potential that is expected to occur at the regional level, between now and 2030.
- Besides, food processing is one of the major manufacturing sectors in the United States. According to the United States Department of Agriculture, 16% of value of shipments from all the US manufacturing plants comes from the food processing plants.
- For most part, this sector is a very high-volume and low-margin industry. Finding new ways to gain modest increase in efficiency can make the difference between a facility turning a profit or a loss. Due to such functional constraints, many of largest food processing companies are shifting to AI technology, in order to improve the various aspects of the process. This is supporting the growth of the AI in the food and beverage market in the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The artificial intelligence in the food and beverage market is highly fragmented and consists of several major players. In terms of market share, many players dominate the market. These players with prominent shares in the market are focusing on expanding their customer base. These companies are leveraging on strategic collaborative initiatives to increase their market share and increase their profitability. The companies operating in the market are also acquiring start-ups working on artificial intelligence in the food and beverages market to strengthen their product capabilities. Some of the key players include TOMRA Sorting Solutions AS , GREEFA, Sesotec GmbH, Key Technology Inc., Raytec Vision SpA, Rockwell Automation Inc., ABB Ltd., Honeywell International Inc., among others.
- March 2019 - TOMRA Sorting Recycling launched a cloud-based dat a platform, TOMRA Insight, which unlocks new opportunities for sorting equipment users. This can transform sorting from an operational process into a management tool for fact-based decision-making at each step of the value and production chain.
- August 2018 - Key Technology introduced VERYX digital sorters for fresh-cut leafy greens. VERYX is the world’s only belt-fed sorter that can inspect product entirely in-air with top and bottom sensors, in order to detect and eliminate all foreign materials (FM) and product defects. By combining Key’s expertise in sorting and conveying, these integrated VERYX systems are specifically designed to handle the challenges of sorting leafy greens.
Table Of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Drastic Improvements in Efficiency Across the Supply Chain
4.3.2 Reduced Chance of Human Error and Associated Inaccuracies
4.3.3 Attractive, with the Ability to Generate Consumer Interest
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Cost Associated with Large-scale Deployment of the Technology
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Technology Roadmap
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Application
5.1.1 Food Sorting
5.1.2 Quality Control and Safety Compliance
5.1.3 Consumer Engagement
5.1.4 Production and Packaging
5.1.6 Other Applications
5.2 By End User
5.2.1 Food Processing Industry
5.2.2 Hotel and Restaurant
5.2.3 Beverage Industry
5.3.1 North America
5.3.4 Rest of the World
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Raytec Vision SpA
6.1.2 Rockwell Automation Inc.
6.1.3 ABB Ltd
6.1.4 Honeywell International Inc.
6.1.5 Key Technology Inc.
6.1.6 TOMRA Sorting Solutions AS
6.1.8 Sesotec GmbH
6.1.9 Martec of Whitell Ltd
6.1.10 Sight Machine Inc.
*List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
** Subject to Availability