Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market Analysis
The anti-biofilm wound dressing market is expected to register a CAGR of 9.5% over the forecast period.
- The COVID-19 pandemic had a significant impact on the anti-biofilm wound dressing market as the majority of the healthcare facilities were occupied with the management of COVID-19 patients. The elective procedures were postponed during the initial phase of the lockdown, which significantly impacted wound care management. The number of patient visits reported a substantial decline during the lockdown period. According to a study conducted by Ludwig Maximilian University, Munich, Germany, around 23% of patients suffering from chronic wounds were not able to visit physicians due to the pandemic. Moreover, around 10% of respondents avoided doctor visits as a precaution.
- The increased use of telehealth in the management of chronic and acute wounds was responsible for the strong recovery of the market. Various healthcare providers developed telehealth platforms in order to effectively manage patients suffering from acute and chronic wounds. For instance, in January 2021, Wound Pros Inc. developed a telehealth platform for communication between patients and professionals. The provider also invented an app named "RITA," which helps in new diagnostic and wound measurement.
- The unhealed wounds caused by chronic diseases (such as diabetes, venous, or arterial disorders) show bacterial contamination film on the wound surface. The growing cases of chronic and acute wounds are expected to drive the growth of the market during the forecast period. According to the research published by National Center for Biotechnology Information in June 2022, the global prevalence of pressure ulcers is close to 12.8%, with hospital-acquired pressure injury (HAPI) accounting for 8.4% of patients.
- Moreover, the evolving healthcare infrastructure in developing countries across the globe, technological advancements in the field of wound management, and combined initiatives taken by key players and healthcare providers to increase awareness about wound care are also supporting the market's growth. For instance, in February 2022, Asep Medical Holdings Inc. announced positive outcomes related to the Antibiofilm/Anti-inflammatory Peptide Technology developed with the help of the United States Army Medical Research and Materiel Command.
- These are the key factors expected to drive the demand for advanced wound dressing solutions, including anti-biofilm products, in the near future. However, high costs associated with wound care treatment, along with the scarcity of skilled professionals, are anticipated to impede the growth of the market.
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market according to our research experts:
Chemical Segment is Expected to Witness Significant Growth Over the Forecast Period
- The chemical anti-biofilm dressing segment is anticipated to register significant growth owing to the presence of key players in the segment with iodine and ionic silver-based products, along with the rising number of patients suffering from chronic diseases. Moreover, the introduction of innovative products by major players in this segment is also responsible for the significant share of chemical anti-biofilm dressing products in the market. For instance, in November 2020, Sanara MedTech launched BIAKŌS Antimicrobial Skin and Wound Cleanser in the market. The clinical studies revealed that after the application of the product, it disrupted biofilm microbes within 72 hours.
- The increasing prevalence of chronic wounds (like venous leg ulcers, pressure ulcers, and diabetic foot ulcers) due to a surge in the prevalence of medical conditions such as diabetes is also augmenting the growth of the segment. According to the International Diabetes Federation, in 2021, more than 537 million adults were suffering from diabetes across the world. The number is likely to surpass 640 million by the end of 2030. According to the article published in Healogics, around 7 million Americans are living with a chronic wound, and it indicated an increase of 50% in amputations during the pandemic.
- Therefore, the chemical anti-biofilm dressing segment is expected to witness significant growth over the forecast period due to the introduction of innovative products and the increasing prevalence of chronic wounds.
North America is Expected to Dominate the Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market
- North America is expected to dominate the market owing to factors such as the easy availability of technologically advanced products and the increasing number of wound care clinics in the region. An increase in the usage of advanced products in the healthcare facilities, such as hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers in the United States, is among the key factors which contribute to the growth of the market studied in North America. The presence of key market players such as 3M, B. Braun SE, Convatec Inc., Smith+Nephew, and Coloplast Corp in the region, along with favorable reimbursement policies, are also anticipated to drive the market.
- Increasing expenditure on the management of wounds, including pressure ulcers, is also driving the growth of the market. According to the article published by the Agency for Healthcare Research and Quality, every year, around 2.5 million patients suffer from pressure ulcers, and the cost of individual patient care ranges from USD 20,900-151,700 per patient in the United States.
- The well-developed infrastructure in the region and the increasing number of road accidents in the United States are also propelling the growth of the market in the region. According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, the number of road accidents is continuously increasing in the United States. Road accidents were responsible for more than 42,000 fatalities in 2021, which reflects a 10.5% increase as compared to 38,824 fatalities reported in 2020.
- Owing to the factors such as the presence of key market players, increasing expenditure on wound management, and increasing number of road accidents, the US anti-biofilm wound dressing market is anticipated to show significant growth in North America.
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Industry Overview
The anti-biofilm wound dressing market is moderately fragmented in nature due to the presence of several companies operating globally and regionally.
The competitive landscape includes an analysis of a few international as well as local companies which hold large market shares and are well known, including Convatec Inc., Smith+Nephew, URGO, Coloplast Corp., 3M, B. Braun SE, Mölnlycke Health Care AB, Imbed Biosciences, Medline Industries LP, and Integra LifeSciences, among others.
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market Leaders
B. Braun SE
Mölnlycke Health Care AB
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market News
- March 2022: Convatec Inc. announced the acquisition of Triad Life Sciences Inc. for USD 450 million. The acquisition will help the company strengthen its portfolio in biologically derived innovative products for surgical wounds, chronic wounds, and burns segment.
- April 2021: Imbed Biosciences announced the launch of its novel FDA-cleared next-generation antimicrobial matrix product, Microlyte Matrix. The products are designed for use in the management of surgical, traumatic, and chronic wounds.
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Prevalence of Chronic Wounds
4.2.2 Introduction of Innovative Products in Advanced Wound Care
4.2.3 Surge in the Number of Surgical Procedures
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 High Product Cost Along with the Increasing Utilization of Substitutes
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size by Value - USD million)
5.1 By Mechanism
5.2 By Wound Type
5.2.1 Chronic Wounds
126.96.36.199 Diabetic Foot Ulcers
188.8.131.52 Pressure Ulcers
184.108.40.206 Venous Leg Ulcers
220.127.116.11 Other Chronic Wounds
5.2.2 Acute Wounds
5.3 By End User
5.3.1 Hospitals and Clinics
5.3.2 Surgical Centers
5.3.3 Other End Users
5.4 By Geography
5.4.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 United Kingdom
126.96.36.199 Rest of Europe
188.8.131.52 South Korea
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.4 Middle East and Africa
220.127.116.11 South Africa
18.104.22.168 Rest of Middle East and Africa
5.4.5 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Convatec Inc.
6.1.4 Coloplast Corp.
6.1.6 B. Braun SE
6.1.7 Mölnlycke Health Care AB
6.1.8 Imbed Biosciences
6.1.9 Medline Industries, LP
6.1.10 Integra LifeSciences
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market Research FAQs
What is the current Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market size?
The Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market is projected to register a CAGR of 9.5% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market?
Convatec Inc., Smith+Nephew, 3M, B. Braun SE and Mölnlycke Health Care AB are the major companies operating in the Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market.
What years does this Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market cover?
The report covers the Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Anti-Biofilm Wound Dressing analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.