3D Printing Materials and Services Market
The market was estimated at USD 5.45 billion in 2015 and is projected to reach USD 29.56 billion by 2020, at a CAGR of 40.24% over the forecast period. This technology has been used by companies for prototyping purposes for decades and is slowly being integrated into final products. 3D printing materials come in varieties like plastic, metal, ceramic etc. to offer raw material solutions to various industries like automotive, aerospace, defense and others.
The 3D printing materials and services market is driven by the growth of the 3D printing market and a vast array of upcoming applications. With the introduction of materials like graphene, new application sectors of 3D printed electronics and automotive have opened up. Judicial implementation of the technology offers opportunities to re-structure the entire supply chain for many industries. Recent technological advancements have brought down the cost of getting objects 3D printed while increasing the speed of the process. Considerable support is also being seen from some governments to promote R&D of the technology. The market is restrained by very high initial inventory investment and expensive materials to sustain growth.
The market segment by type is led by plastic, but metal is expected to grow owing to its increase in the number of applications. By form, the market is segmented into liquid, filament and powder. Application in the automotive sector is growing due to the introduction of 3D printed technology in manufacturing hybrid vehicles. Consumer goods like electronics and home appliances are high-potential sectors, as the cost of producing finished products go down.
Regionally, the US is the biggest market for 3D printing technology in the world. Germany contributes to approximately 33% of the total European market. Analyses indicate that China shall become the fastest growing 3D printing market in the world.
Key Players in the Market
Some of the market players analyzed in this report are:
- Envisiontec GmbH
- Stratasys Ltd.
- Arkema S.A.
- Royal DSM N.V.
- Arcam AB
- 3D Systems Group
- CRP Group
- LPW Technology Ltd.
- ABB Group
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market analysis for the global 3D printing materials and services market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on global and regional scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the global 3D printing materials and services market on both global and regional scales.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights into the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights into the major countries/regions in which this industry is growing and identifying the regions which are still untapped.
1.1 Market Definition
1.2 Market Scope
1.3 Market Constraints
2. Research Methodology
3. Market Overview
3.2 Market Size and Forecast
3.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
3.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces of Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat from New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat from Substitute Products
3.4.5 Competitive Rivalry within the Industry
4. Market Dynamics
4.2.1 Growing 3D Printing Market and Applications
4.2.2 Government Support for R&D
4.2.3 Technological Advancements Promising Speed Gains
4.3.1 High Capital Investment Requirement
4.4.1 Introduction of New Materials like Graphene Opens-Up New Applications
4.4.2 Re-imagination of Supply Chain
5. Market Segmentation
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Application
5.2.2 Consumer Goods
5.2.4 Aeroscpace and Defence
5.3 By Form
5.4 By Region
5.4.1 North America
5.4.4 South America
5.4.5 Middle East & Africa
6. Competitive Analysis - Company Profiles
6.1 Envisiontec GmbH
6.2 Stratasys Ltd.
6.3 Arkema S.A.
6.4 Royal DSM N.V.
6.5 Arcam AB
6.6 3D Systems Group
6.7 CRP Group
6.8 LPW Technolohy Ltd.
6.9 ABB Group
7. Investment Analysis
7.1 Recent Mergers and Acquisitions
7.2 Investment Outlook
8. Future of Global 3D Printing Material Market