|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Zener diode market is expected to witness a CAGR of 6% over the forecast period (2022- 2027).
- The growing use of electronic devices such as television, mobile devices, electric vehicles, etc., boosts Zener diode market development. Zener diodes are used in voltage regulators, reference elements, surge suppressors, switching applications, and clipper circuits. The adoption of different government efforts on modern power distribution and generating infrastructure are projected to drive the market forward.
- Security, automation, solid-state lighting, transportation, and energy management in industrial equipment are also predicted to fuel the growth of the Zener diode market.
- According to the International Energy Agency (IEA), worldwide sales of electric automobiles had reached 6.6 million in 2021. Electric vehicles accounted for 9% of all vehicle sales worldwide. Zener diodes are used in the cooling fan drive of the Electric Vehicle battery management system. The increase in the use of Electric Vehicles boosts the Zener diode Market.
- COVID-19 has also impacted the global supply chain of major electronic brands. China is one of the largest producers and exporters of electronics input supplies such as Zener diodes, capacitors, diodes, rectifiers, amplifiers, etc. Due to the continuous production standstill in China, several electronic companies in the United States and Europe have been compelled to halt manufacturing of finished electronic items like mobile phone adaptors, resulting in a demand-supply gap in electronic products.
- COVID-19 temporarily impacted the Zener diode market because the production and supply chain was stopped temporarily. Production, supply chains, and demand for Zener diodes are expected to improve as the situation improves progressively.
Scope of the Report
The scope of the study focuses on the market analysis of Zener diodes sold across the globe. Market sizing encompasses the revenue generated through Zener diodes sold by the various market players and their applications across various industries. The study also tracks the key market parameters, underlying growth influencers, and major vendors operating in the industry and provides the market estimations and growth rates over the forecast period. The study further analyzes the overall impact of COVID-19 on the Zener diode market. The report's scope encompasses market sizing and forecast for segmentation by type, end-user industry, and geography.
|Surface Mount Technology|
|Through Hole Technology|
|By End-user Industry|
|Computer and Computer Peripherals|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
The Automotive Segment is Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- The automobile industry's rising technical improvements influence the Zener diode market. All automobile electrical modules include circuitry to prevent reverse-polarity connections to avoid possible mishaps.
- With the increased adoption of electric and hybrid vehicles, automotive is one of the rising segments of the Zener diode manufacturing industry. It is expected to have a significant share. Innovations like autonomous car technology, regenerative braking, and the integration of various sensors have raised the demand for Zener diodes. Government rules requiring advanced driver assistance systems (ADAS) have further supported this segment's growth. Electronic components in the automobile sector are vital for safety and are exposed to high voltages and extreme Conditions. As a result, manufacturers have developed a new line of automotive Zener diodes.
- The electric vehicle market is very competitive, and new manufacturers are constantly pushing the boundaries of innovation. Porsche, for instance, built its Taycan with an 800V system, although many modern electric vehicles use 400V batteries. As a result, established automotive component makers are developing Zener diode offerings for the automobile market.
- The use of Zener diodes has increased due to the surface-mounted Zener diodes as they are directly installed on a PCB. Furthermore, the increased demand for Zener diodes is due to their rising uses in the telecom industry, increasing the number of semiconductor production hubs and device miniaturization.
- In addition, the number of electronic car systems has increased significantly over time. Thus, in applications such as battery management, safety systems, lighting, and others, the need for protection to limit interference and potential failures emerges, which may be avoided with zener diodes. As a result, the use of zener diodes in this business has increased significantly.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America Region is Expected to Register the Fastest Growth
- North America is one of the most important markets for Zener diode because of the region's automotive component and other sectors. Further, the strong presence of leading market vendors is expected to boost the market growth in North America. For instance, ON Semiconductor Corporation, Diodes Incorporated, and D3 Semiconductor LLC are some of the leading market vendors in this region.
- The semiconductor industry and Zener diode manufacturing rely heavily on the United States for production, design, and research. The region's significance fuels demand electronic equipment exports and increase the growth of end-user sectors that utilize large amounts of Zener Diode in consumer electronics and automobiles.
- According to International Trade Association(ITA), over 82% of semiconductors consist of direct US exports and sales by US-owned subsidiaries overseas and take into account US-based R&D, creation of intellectual property(IP), design, and other high-value-added work. While the region occupies a share of around 22% in the overall semiconductor market, it has over 10% share in the discrete semiconductor market, according to World Semiconductor Trade Statistics (WSTS) organization.
- According to World Semiconductor Trade Statistics, in 2021, sales of the global semiconductor industry, including zener diodes, were 556 USD billion, an increase of 26.2% from 2020. The Sensors and Discrete Semiconductors, including zener diodes, have a 28% increase, followed by Memory 30.9% and Logic 30.8%. The Analog category accounted for a 33.1% growth rate.
- Due to the Covid-19 pandemic, plant closures or underutilization of production facilities may result in order reductions and, as a result, delays in sales. Zener diode manufacturing companies with significant sales exposure to Apple, Qualcomm Inc., and Broadcom Inc. might be impacted in the short run. Overall, powerful electronics and Zener diode manufacturing firms like Texas Instruments drive the Zener diode manufacturing industry in the area, with end consumers from numerous sectors such as consumer electronics and automotive parts. Demand is fueled by consumer demand throughout the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global Zener diode market is highly fragmented, with numerous Zener diode manufacturers providing the products. The companies continuously invest in the product and technology to promote sustainable environmental growth and prevent environmental hazards. The major companies are also acquiring other companies that specifically deal with these products to boost their market share.
- January 2022 - Nexperia has announced a wide range of low-current voltage regulator diodes. The 50 µA Zener diode comes in three distinct surface-mountable (SMD) package variants, ultra-small Discretes Flat No-leads (DFN) packaging, and AEC-Q101 approved components consumers the more options and flexibility. These diodes are ideal for low-bias and portable battery-powered devices, specified at a low test current (50 μA), and used in mobile, wearable, automotive, and industrial applications.
- November 2021 - Nexperia has announced the first A-selection Zener diodes in the industry. The BZT52H-A (SOD123F) and BZX384-A (SOD323) series give a higher accuracy voltage reference than the B (2% tolerance) and C (5% tolerance) variations, with a tolerance of just 1%. The two series are also available as Q-portfolio devices to address the increased demands of mobile, portable/wearable, automotive, and industrial applications and increasing regulatory requirements.
- February 2022 - Toshiba Electronic Devices & Storage Corporation has expanded its CUHZ series with ten new Zener diode devices. These items (ESD) protect against switching surges, inductive lightning surges, and electrostatic discharge.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definitions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of the Impact of COVID -19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Demand for High-energy and Power-efficient Devices in the Automotive and Electronics
5.1.2 Demand for Green Energy Power Generation Drives the Market
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Supply Chain Disturbances Due to Covid-19 Pandemic
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Surface Mount Technology
6.1.2 Through Hole Technology
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.2 Consumer Electronics
6.2.4 Computer and Computer Peripherals
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 NXP Semiconductors
7.1.3 Vishay Intertechnology, Inc.
7.1.4 Toshiba Corporation
7.1.6 SHINDENGEN ELECTRIC MANUFACTURING CO., LTD.
7.1.7 Diodes incorporated
7.1.8 Infineon Technologies AG
7.1.9 Toshiba Corporation
7.1.10 ROHM CO., LTD.
7.1.11 Semiconductor Components Industries, LLC (ON Semicondusctors)
7.1.12 Texas Instruments Incorporated.
7.1.13 Vicor Corporation
8. INVESTMENTS ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Global Zener Diode Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Global Zener Diode Market?
The Global Zener Diode Market is growing at a CAGR of 6% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Global Zener Diode Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Global Zener Diode Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Global Zener Diode Market?
Nexperia, Infineon Technologies AG, Vishay Intertechnology, Inc., Toshiba Corporation, STMicroelectronics are the major companies operating in Global Zener Diode Market.