|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The wealth management platform market was valued at USD 3.67 billion in 2021, and it is expected to reach a value of USD 8.15 billion by 2027, registering a CAGR of 14.56% over the forecast period (2022-2027).
- The robust wealth management platforms offer support to a broad range of digital channels, such as smartphones, tablets, and browsers. This support enables cross-channel experiences, which reduce friction between the customers of a financial institution and the financial advisors, resulting in more efficient operations. Also, the trading and investment management fees are dipping to zero while firms wrestle with decreasing margins. This has led to a requirement for digitizing operations and finding efficiencies elsewhere.
- Customer-centric business priorities, such as fully-digitized client onboarding, goal-based financial planning, and secure, real-time collaboration between the client and the financial advisor, thus, making the wealth management platforms stand out. Some of the platforms offer AI components such as machine learning, natural language processing, and digital process automation to reduce exceptions, making the onboarding process paperless and frictionless.
- As multiple investors seek advice for withstanding the current uncertainty in the investment scenario, fintech companies are launching wealth management platforms that give wealth managers the insights and data they require to understand and serve the needs of multiple clients. For instance, in mid-2020, Fidelity National Information Services Inc. launched FIS Unity, an open Application Programming Interface (API) to assist wealth managers with a complete, integrated view of a client's financial assets across several financial providers.
- Financial institutions have been viewing wealth management as an integrated set of products: cash management, asset management, protection, credit, retirement and estate planning, and tax planning. While a product-centric approach to wealth management is sensible in some respects (because products drive profit), this approach fails to address a large portion of clients’ needs.
- This is a primary reason to integrate various business capabilities for wealth management products, which are roughly equivalent regardless of who offers them. Clients are less interested in product specifics, assuming that they meet certain basic requirements than the service elements surrounding the products.
- One significant challenge for potential entrants is expensive property prices for setting up branch locations. The wealth management model is based on a high-touch client relationship, and, therefore, establishing a physical presence is critical.
- The COVID-19 crisis has impacted wealth management (WM) on multiple levels, and many wealth management firms must adjust their client engagement model substantially to remain the trusted partner for their clients in these challenging times.
The pandemic forced wealth management business model resiliency by emphasizing intelligent business process investments. Another trend that has accelerated pertains to technologies such as artificial intelligence (AI) to enhance personalization and advisor effectiveness.
Scope of the report
A wealth management platform is an advisor platform that provides a client’s complete wealth overview, financial goal planning, and portfolio management capabilities.
The wealth management platform market is segmented by deployment type (on-premise and cloud), end user (banks, trading firms, brokerage firms, and investment management firms), and geography.
|Investment Management Firms|
|Other End Users|
|Middle-East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Investment Management Firms are Expected to Drive the Market Growth
- Investment management is the handling of financial assets and other investments by professionals for clients, generally by utilizing strategies and executing trades within a portfolio. The investment management industry has significantly changed over the years due to several advancements, such as digitalization and automation. Low yields and increased volatility have considerably driven portfolio managers to implement sophisticated strategies that are straining their existing infrastructure. The use of derivatives has increased significantly, but most firms have concerns about their ability to handle them.
- In addition, global regulation has become much more pervasive on the buyer side, resulting in the creation of operational and compliance challenges for investment managers. New rules related to reporting, clearing, and margin requirements are pushing firms to revamp their processes and replace legacy systems. All these factors are driving investment management firms to utilize wealth management solutions.
- Multiple wealth management platforms in the market have a command center that provides users with real-time portfolio insights as well as the ability to act immediately. The workstation manages all position and risk data, which ensures that investment managers are working with up-to-date and accurate information.
- For instance, Calypso’s (provider of front-to-back trade processing technology for both derivatives and cash instruments) investment management solution integrates with its multi-asset trading and collateral management platform. The company’s collateral optimization solution provides a single data repository for real-time views of all available and pledged securities, coupled with existing margin calls.
- Multiple startups are receiving significant funding for the development of investment management platforms. For instance, in December 2020, Vise, an AI-powered investment management platform for advisory practices to build and manage portfolios, announced the close of its USD 45 million Series B funding round, bringing the total capital raised since Vise's founding to over USD 60 million.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The United States represents the largest economy globally and has been a significant market for wealth management platforms in the North American region. Several trends, including the advent of Blockchain, machine learning, natural language processing, digital process automation to reduce exceptions, and a push toward digitalization, are aiding the growth of the studied market in the region.
- Wealth management offerings in the North American region are becoming essential to attract and retain profitable retail customers. For instance, affluent mass customers in the region represent a significant part of the net income generated by retail banks. It is expected that their relationship with a provider of wealth management services is their most important financial relationship. As a result, many diversified financial services firms in the region expanded their wealth management businesses.
- The industry in the region is in the midst of significant change where a new generation of investors, whose expectations and preferences have been shaped by new technologies and by their living through the last financial crisis, have brought new standards to the industry in terms of how investment products are being delivered.
- In January 2020, Pascal Financial, an emerging fintech company with Canada's only fully integrated, AI-powered digital wealth management platform, announced that it had integrated its digital wealth platform with Sterling Mutuals, one of Canada's premier independent mutual fund dealers with over USD 4 billion in assets under administration and almost 300 advisors and support staff. Pascal will be working with Sterling's advisors to promote the digital tools they need to thrive in a time of disruption.
- Moreover, in July 2020, New York-based Apex Clearing announced a new integration with Marstone, a digital wealth management platform, via a strategic partnership. According to Apex, the business will benefit investment management firms, insurance companies, and organizations with large financial services practices and those expanding into the financial services, who face a demand for digital experiences and capabilities from their clients.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The intensity of competitive rivalry is high, and the emergence of new software providers is growing globally. Particularly in emerging markets such as India, multiple start-ups have emerged in the domain, giving market incumbents a considerate amount of competition. The nature of the market studied makes it crucial for new market players to constantly keep track of the technological advancements and regulatory dynamics to maintain compliance while offering upgraded functionalities to end users.
- December 2021 - Temenos Headquarters SA announced its expansion of the strategic relationship with Microsoft to meet the increasing demand from banks for SaaS and banking services delivered by Temenos Banking Cloud. This collaboration with Microsoft is to develop financial services in the cloud to drive scalability, operational efficiency, and innovation.
- July 2021 - Cincinnati, Ohio-based Fifth Third Bank chose financial technology leader FIS to replace its legacy deposit and trust servicing systems with FIS next-generation platforms. The bank will replace its legacy, the in-house advanced core banking system, with the next-generation FIS Modern Banking Platform.
- September 2021 - Übank, Vietnam’s digital bank powered by VPBank, partnered with Backbase, leveraging its Backbase-as-a-Service managed cloud service for its Engagement Banking Platform, enhancing its mobile banking experiences and offerings. With Backbase, Übank’s ambition is to increase its customer base to more than 5 million by 2025.
- July 2021 - Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc., one of the prominent fintech players, and RBC Wealth Management-US (RBCWM) announced that RBCWM would use the Broadridge Wealth Management Platform to power its growing US business.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Need to Integrate Business Capabilities and Channels in the Wealth Management Process
5.1.2 Requirement of Customer-centric Business Priorities, such as Fully Digitized Client On-boarding
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Lack of Awareness Related to Wealth Management Platforms and Higher Dependency on Traditional Methods
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 Deployment Type
6.2 End User
6.2.2 Trading Firms
6.2.3 Brokerage Firms
6.2.4 Investment Management Firms
6.2.5 Other End Users
6.3.1 North America
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Avaloq Group AG
7.1.2 Fidelity National Information Services Inc. (FIS)
7.1.3 Temenos Headquarters SA
7.1.4 Prometeia SpA
7.1.5 Backbase Inc.
7.1.6 Tata Consultancy Services Limited
7.1.7 Fiserv Inc.
7.1.8 InvestCloud Inc.
7.1.9 EdgeVerve Systems Limited
7.1.10 CREALOGIX AG
7.1.11 Broadridge Financial Solutions Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Wealth Management Platform Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Wealth Management Platform Market?
The Wealth Management Platform Market is growing at a CAGR of 14.56% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Wealth Management Platform Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Wealth Management Platform Market?
North America holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Wealth Management Platform Market?
Avaloq Group AG, Fidelity National Information Services, Inc. (FIS), Prometeia S.p.A, Temenos Headquarters SA, Backbase, Inc. are the major companies operating in Wealth Management Platform Market.