|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The wallpaper market is expected to register a CAGR of 3.87% during the forecast period (2022-2027). Wallpapers are cost-effective, hence are increasingly being adopted over traditional wall painting practices.
- Rising disposable incomes and the rapid rise of urbanization have overwhelmingly replaced rural cultures and have helped drive historical changes in human social roots on a global scale. As a result, many wall coverings and other modern products, such as very low heat transfer window frames, electrical cables and pipes, easy-to-clean floors, and light-reflecting roofs, are growing.
- Wallpapers available today with technological advancements help elevate rooms or living spaces and are available in wide varieties, driving the market demand while allowing consumers to choose what they want. Moreover, according to Housing.com, in February 2022, wallpapers can be used for ceiling surfaces, closets, door panels, and framed art to brighten the home. Wallpaper is also suitable for areas with clean lines and a few curves, such as table tops, mirror frames, picture frames, stools, chests of drawers, and open wall units.
- The preference for eco-friendly wallpaper is another factor driving the demand for vinyl-based products. The energy consumption required to manufacture vinyl wallpaper is only half that of paper wallpaper. On the other hand, the need for commercial wallpaper is also fueled by an increasing number of restaurants, clubs, bars, and cafes around the world, where wallpaper plays an important role in attracting customers and giving them a feeling of well-being and relaxation.
- Moreover, with the advent of graphic design and new reproduction methods, wallpaper has become the next breakthrough in design and decoration. Major design firms such as Brooklyn's Calico have enabled wallpaper to enter homes.
- Acording to Nagai Co., Ltd in October 2021, a large amount of plasticizer is added to vinyl chloride to give it flexibility during wallpaper processing. In addition to plasticizers, various chemicals are used, such as fungicides, flame retardants, and dyes. Over time, these chemicals are released into the room as volatile organic compounds (VOCs). These VOCs cause various symptoms, including headaches, dizziness, and blinking eyes. Such factors can be challenging for the market.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, the wall covering market did not grow significantly due to a decrease in advertising across the various part of the world. Because of the global lockdown, the construction industry, as well as the trade, has taken a hit. Due to the direct impact of these factors, the wallpaper market was affected. Moreover, consumer spending is also likely to decrease due to the pandemic's economic slowdown.
Scope of the Report
Wallpaper protects walls from accidental stains and scratches, adding quality and grandeur to bare walls. It is also useful for interior design by customizing different colors and patterns. The studied market is segmented based on the wallpaper and application type. The studied market briefs about the Covid-19 impact on the market and recent developments adopted or innovated by the major players across the globe.
|Other Wallpaper Types|
|Middle East and Africa|
Key Market Trends
Non-Woven Wallpaper Type is Expected to have a Significant Growth
- Compared to vinyl and paper wallpaper, non-woven wallpaper is based on relatively new technology, and the product has been on the market for a little over a decade. These wallpapers consist of polyester fibers and a cellulose base. Non-woven wallpaper can also help hide cracks and imperfections in walls.
- The increasing do-it-yourself trend is one of the major trends that has sparked consumer interest in non-woven wallpaper. Non-woven wallpapers are easy to install, these wallpapers prevent mold growth on the walls while providing tear resistance and waterproofing. These are also significant for bathrooms and kitchens as they eliminate mold and mildew problems as smoke is not trapped between walls and paper.
- According to Tianjinsheng Non-woven Technology Co., Ltd. in April 2022, non-wovens are rapidly becoming the substrate of choice for all interior designers and wallpaper printers for various reasons, including an increasing number of wallpaper makers turning to digital printing, where non-wovens are the ideal substrate. It is becoming stable in dry and wet conditions, making it a flawless wallpaper for offices and other public spaces.
- In addition, these non-woven wallpapers have tear-resistant properties, making them much easier to remove and apply. The ease of wallpaper repair is another important and attractive factor for large consumer groups looking for long-term solutions, driving demand in the commercial sector.
- According to Quanzhou Maxin Non-woven Technology Co., Ltd. in March 2022, non-woven wallpaper has started to emerge and has become the one of the world's popular new green wallpaper. Non-woven wallpaper is easier to clean than other wallpapers. Easy to replace and clean without damaging your walls. And for wall decoration, non-woven wallpaper has another great advantage that it is “self-cleaning”, stain resistant and easy to scrub.
- Companies like Cole & Sons have gained experience manufacturing and providing HD printed non-woven wallpaper. The company also offers custom printing services to create personalized and one-of-a-kind wallpapers. Such innovations by companies across the world will leverage market growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Europe Region is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- Companies are incorporating digital printing of wallpaper products to enhance sustainability. Digital printing of wallpapers is a sustainable method for creating wall decor because it reduces the waste produced during the design process. The digital printing process does not require the creation of plates, and it uses four times less ink.
- In recent years, according to Ambientha, Italy, the choice of wallpaper to decorate walls in offices and houses such as shops is back at the forefront. Compared to traditional wallpaper, the development of new backings and different materials and advances in digital technology have made it possible to create durable, personalized, and aesthetically pleasing decorations. Wallpaper is an interior design suitable for all types of environments.
- Further, in December 2021, Valencia-based artist Maria Dali created hand-painted designs for Affreschi & Affreschi's latest innerLine collection. This collection of wallpaper designs was unveiled at Milan Design Week 2021. The design focuses on human connection and communication by projecting the inner beauty of the viewer onto the wall. Wallpapers symbolize imaginary lines within where imagination, thoughts, and emotions flow and intersect.
- The current market scenario indicates unprecedented demands for floral wallpapers, vintage accents, and high-contrast decor. Several market incumbents are capitalizing on this market opportunity by offering. Several regional players, like Graham and Brown Wallcoverings Inc., started offering floral wallpaper collections catering to the demand.
- Moreover, according to European Commission, the degree of urbanization in Europe is expected to increase to around 83.7% by 2050. The share of the total population living in rural areas, while cities and towns experienced a smooth and steady increase. The total population of functional urban areas (FUAs) in Europe is projected to grow by an average of 4% by 2050. Increase in urbanization will leverage the wallpaper market across the region.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The wallpaper market is competitive, and market concentration is moderately high, owing to the presence of multiple global vendors. There are numerous dominating players in the market, but some of the recognized global vendors are York Wall Coverings Inc., Brewster Wallpaper Corporation, and Laura Ashley Holdings PLC. These players are focused on innovating new designs with technological advancements.
- May 2022 - Sanderson Design Group PLC, a luxury interior design and furniture group, announced that it signed a sponsorship deal with the Emery Walker Trust. Under the terms of the agreement, the company's Morris & Co. brand will present a collection of fabrics, wallpapers, bedding, and homewares based on the moving objects at Emery Walker's House, a museum of the Arts and Crafts movement.
- March 2022 - AS Creation launched its Hygge collection, Hygge are patterned wallpapers with pampas grass flowers and reed grasses with gloss effects to support the naturalness of the color palette. Fine plain wallpapers complement the collection. The color scheme ranges from cream tones to grey, beige and green to brown, red, and warm ochre.
York Wall Coverings Inc.
Brewster Wallpaper Corporation
F. Schumacher & Co
AS Creation Tapeten AG
- March 2022 - Laura Ashley partnered with UK-based wallpaper designer and manufacturer Graham & Brown to develop a line of wallpapers featuring Laura Ashley's iconic prints. The wallpaper collection is available at lauraashleyusa.com and online at Home Depot, Lowes, Bed Bath & Beyond, and other national retailers.
- January 2022 - AS Creation revealed a new collection, "Shades of White" combining different materials and textures. White wallpaper potpourri provides the perfect arrangement element for any room. It is a refreshing and modern wallpaper even when combined with colorful motifs.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Challenges
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.6 Industry Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Wallpaper Type
5.1.1 Vinyl Wallpaper
5.1.2 Non-woven Wallpaper
5.1.3 Paper-based Wallpaper
5.1.4 Fabric Wallpaper
5.1.5 Other Wallpaper Types
5.3.1 North America
5.3.3 Asia Pacific
5.3.4 Latin America
5.3.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 York Wall Coverings Inc.
6.1.2 Brewster Home Fashion LLC
6.1.3 F. Schumacher & Co
6.1.4 AS Creation Tapeten AG
6.1.5 Sangetsu Corporation
6.1.6 Erismann & Cie. GmbH
6.1.7 Laura Ashley Holdings PLC
6.1.8 Grandeco Wallfashion Group
6.1.9 Sanderson Design Group PLC
6.1.10 Tapetenfabrik Gebr. Rasch GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.11 LEN-TEX Corporation
6.1.12 Asian Paints Ltd
6.1.13 Gratex Industries Ltd
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Wallpaper Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Wallpaper Market?
The Wallpaper Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.87% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Wallpaper Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Wallpaper Market?
Europe holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Wallpaper Market?
York Wall Coverings Inc., Brewster Wallpaper Corporation, F. Schumacher & Co, AS Creation Tapeten AG, Sangetsu Corporation are the major companies operating in Wallpaper Market.