The United States has one of the most advanced and sophisticated agricultural sectors in the world. The machinery market has grown substantially with a great demand for capacity enhancement and efficient utilization of inputs. High-yield seed varieties with increased reliance of irrigation and agro-inputs necessitated the adoption of farm mechanization in the agricultural fields. The United States haying and forage machinery market had a value USD XX million in 2015 and is expected to reach a value of USD XX million by 2021, at a CAGR of 6.5%.
Dairy markets are seeking high-quality alfalfa hay for milking cows, and often low potassium grass hay for dry cows, which drives the need for haying machinery. The market encompasses a variety of machines such as mowers, conditioners, balers, forage harvesters and rakes. A pull type forage harvester includes a header, a cylindrical cutter head having rotating knives operatively associated with a shear-bar, feed rolls for receiving crop material from the header and conveying it to the cutter head, and a blower remotely located on the forage harvester relative to the cutter-head.
A growing global affinity for sustainable agriculture will drive the growth in the segment. As farmers and consumers become more aware of the adverse of modern agriculture practices, technologies like precision farming and the adoption of best practices will provide many opportunities for both market leaders and new entrants. In addition, a growing shortage of farm labor in the United States will result in farms being increasingly dependent on machinery. A significant shift in the supply and demand of forage crops has transformed the export market into a viable revenue source for many forage crop producers in the country, thereby, making them opt for haying and forage machinery and thus, driving the growth of the market.
There are several major players in the market such as the AGCO, CLAAS, John Deere, KUNH Group, CNH Industrial and others, which have a relatively larger market share. These players adopt several strategies to increase their market share, which includes a significant degree of innovation, acquisition along with the expansion.
The United States haying and forage machinery market has been segmented by the following categories -
By Product and Phase Type:
- Pull Type Forage Harvester
- Forage Blower
By Application Type:
- Tedders or Inverters
- Hay Rakes
Major players in the United States haying and forage machinery market are -
- Alois Pottinger
- CNH Industrial
- Deere and Company
- Buhler Industries
- Foton Lovol
- KUHN Group
- Kverneland Group
Key Deliverables of the Study
- Market analysis for the United States haying and forage machinery market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on various scales.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the United States haying and forage machinery market on a regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is growing and identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Key Findings of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 Analysis Methodology
2.3 Study Phase
2.4 Econometric Modelling
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
4.1 Current Market Scenario
4.2 Technology Trends
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.4 Value & Supply Chain Analysis
5.5 Porter's Five Forces Framework
5.5.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
5.5.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
5.5.3 Threat of New Entrants
5.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
5.5.5 Competitive Rivalry within the industry
6.United States Haying and Forage Machinery Market Segmentation, By Product and Phase Type
6.1 Pull Type Forage Harvester
6.2 Forage Blower
7.United States Haying and Forage Machinery Market Segmentation, By Application
7.3 Tedders or Inverters
7.4 Hay Rakes
9. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
9.2 Market Share Analysis
9.3 Latest Products & Developments of Key players
10. Company Profiles
10.2 Alois Pottinger
10.4 CNH Industrial
10.5 Deere and Company
10.7 Buhler Industries
10.8 Foton Lovol
10.11 KUHN Group
10.12 Kverneland Group