US Artificial Lift Systems Market Size
|Study Period:||2019 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 3 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
US Artificial Lift Systems Market Analysis
The US artificial lift systems market is expected to record a CAGR of more than 3% during the forecast period (2022-2027). The COVID-19 outbreak significantly impacted the United States, resulting in a decline in the demand for petroleum and leading to a crash in crude oil prices. This crash made the activities in the artificial lift systems market economically unfeasible. However, the market is expected to recover once the demand for petroleum increases. In terms of growth, increasing demand for energy, technological advancements, and increasing exploration activities across the country are likely to drive the market. However, growing concern about the environmental pollution caused by the oil and gas industry and a shift toward the renewable sector for energy generation may hinder the market's growth.
- Offshore application in the United States is expected to witness significant demand for artificial lift systems during the forecast period.
- The oil and gas industry is witnessing increasing investments in the R&D activities from private players and government entities, along with technological advancements like real-time data analysis and management, which may create new opportunities for the market players.
- An increasing number of maturing oil fields and oil wells are likely to drive the US artificial lift systems market during the forecast period.
US Artificial Lift Systems Industry Segmentation
The scope of the US artificial lift systems market report includes:
|Progressive Cavity Pumps (PCP)|
|Electric Submersible Pumps (ESP)|
|Gas Lift Systems|
|Area of Deployment|
US Artificial Lift Systems Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the US Artificial Lift Systems Market according to our research experts:
Offshore Segment to Witness Significant Growth
- The offshore oil and gas segment is expected to grow significantly during the forecast period. Artificial lift methods such as hydraulic pumping, gas lift, electric submersible pumps (ESPs), and progressive cavity pumps (PCPs) are most predominantly used in offshore oil wells.
- The companies have been exploring offshore locations for oil and gas production because the offshore segment has huge untapped reserves. Thus, the offshore market is more capital-intensive compared to onshore.
- In February 2022, BP PLC announced the start of the Herschel Expansion project in the Gulf of Mexico. Herschel is the first of four major projects scheduled to be delivered globally in 2022. Phase 1 of the project comprises the development of a new subsea production system. At its peak, the first well is expected to increase platform annual gross production by an estimated 10,600 barrels of oil equivalent a day.
- In December 2021, ConcoPhillips started production at its GMT-2 oil project in the National Petroleum Reserve-Alaska. The project is expected to produce 30,000 b/d at its peak. The development costs for the project were USD 1.4 million.
- Such offshore projects are expected to employ artificial lift systems. Many offshore projects are under development and are likely to drive the market in the United States during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing Number of Maturing Fields Driving the Market Demand
- Mature and maturing oil and gas fields and a rising number of aging production technologies are expected to hugely impact the growth of the artificial lift systems market in the country. In recent years, the increasing volatility of crude oil prices has made major oil and gas industry players focus more on maximizing the production from the existing wells.
- In February 2022, Short Term Energy Outlook by the Energy Information Administration projected that US crude oil production would increase to 12.0 million b/d in 2022, up from 760,000 b/d in 2021. This forecast implies increased production from oil wells employing superior techniques to extract more oil, such as artificial lift systems.
- Moreover, in 2020, the number of gas and condensate producing wells in the country was 483,326, which declined from 586,213 in 2014. However, the total gas production in the country from 2014 to 2019 increased by approximately 30%, although witnessing a decrease in production due to COVID-19 in 2020. This factor exhibits the country’s trend of maximizing hydrocarbon production from a few wells using different artificial lifting techniques.
- Thus, the increasing number of maturing oil fields is likely to drive the US artificial lift systems market during the forecast period.
US Artificial Lift Systems Industry Overview
The US artificial lift systems market is moderately fragmented. Some of the major players involved in the market are Halliburton Company, Baker Hughes Company, Schlumberger Limited, NOV Inc., and Weatherford International PLC.
US Artificial Lift Systems Market Leaders
Baker Hughes Company
Weatherford International PLC
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
US Artificial Lift Systems Market News
- In September 2021, natural gas producer Vine Energy signed a contract with Baker Hughes to deploy its artificial lift solution, ProductionLink Edge, across 100 natural gas wells in Louisiana’s Haynesville Shale. The automation solution uses advanced analytics and “smart” edge technology to boost production and reduce associated methane emissions from oil and gas wells.
US Artificial Lift Systems Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Progressive Cavity Pumps (PCP)
5.1.2 Electric Submersible Pumps (ESP)
5.1.3 Gas Lift Systems
5.1.4 Other Types
5.2 Area of Deployment
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Halliburton Company
6.3.2 Baker Hughes Company
6.3.3 Schlumberger Limited
6.3.4 JJ Tech
6.3.5 Valiant Artificial Lift Solutions
6.3.7 NOV Inc.
6.3.8 Weatherford International PLC
6.3.9 Dover Corporation
6.3.10 KBA Engineering
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
US Artificial Lift Systems Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The United States Artificial Lift Systems Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of United States Artificial Lift Systems Market?
The United States Artificial Lift Systems Market is growing at a CAGR of >3% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in United States Artificial Lift Systems Market?
Halliburton Company, Baker Hughes Company, Schlumberger Limited, NOV Inc., Weatherford International PLC are the major companies operating in United States Artificial Lift Systems Market.
United States Artificial Lift Systems Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 United States Artificial Lift Systems market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. United States Artificial Lift Systems analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.