Demand for probiotcs in the United Kingdom is likely to witness the fastest growth in overall Europe. Animal feed represents the smallest probiotic product type in the region, with the market being dominated by dietary supplements and functional foods & beverages. The latter two segments are also slated to register more rapid growth over 2017 - 2022 compared to other segments. Probiotics find wide application for preventive measures in the United Kingdom, which account for a majo share and this application is also likely to witness the fastest growth during the aforementioned period.
Probiotics is defined by the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization (FAO) as live microorganisms, which, when administered in adequate amounts, confer a health benefit on the host.
Prevention and cure of disorders such as lactose intolerance and inflammatory bowel disease are some of the benefits offered by probiotics, with rising health-consciousness levels and wider access to probiotic dietary supplements. The past decade has witnessed the launch of more than 500 food & beverage probiotic products, which have garnered exceptional response in terms of acceptance. Some of the factors that lead to digestive disorders, bloating and reduction in resistance to infections include poor and untimely diet, age and stress levels. Studies have revealed that consuming products enhanced with probiotics has been successful in moderating these conditions to a large extent.
Manufacturers and suppliers of functional foods, in particular, have gained wider margins because of the seal of approval granted to probiotics. However, the players would need to focus on product innovations in order to account for greater market share in the dynamic and ever-evolving field of probiotics. In fact, companies, such as Japan-based Yakult Honsha and Denmark-based CHR Hansen have been successful in developing patented strains of micro-organisms, with the claim of having effect on specific health conditions. In addition, a raft of probiotic ingredient suppliers has also demonstrated success in developing bespoke strains of micro-organisms capable of being incorporated into a range of food products.
What the Report Offers
- A key insight into the market size, share and forecast for probiotics.
- Type of probiotics analyzed by animal feed, dietary supplements, functional foods & beverages and specialty nutrients.
- Applications of probiotics analyzed by preventive, regular and therapeutic modes.
- Ingredients analyzed by bifidobacteria, lactobacilli and yeast.
- Factors instrumental in changing market scenarios and prospective opportunities.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section.
Reasons for Buying this Report
- For gaining an exhaustive understanding of the United Kingdom probiotics market.
- Would be of assistance in providing a comprehensive analysis of the major trends and associated prospects for market growth over the coming half a decade.
- An ideal opportunity for industry consultants, probiotic manufacturers and other interested and allied parties to gain a critical insight into the factors driving and restraining the market, in addition to opportunities offered.
- Wide-ranging information provided about the leading market players and the major strategies adopted by them.
1.2 Research Methodology
1.3 Report Outline
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Dynamics
3.1 Factors Driving the Probiotics Market
3.2 Factors Restraining the Probiotics Market
3.3 Opportunities for the Probiotics Market
3.4 Porter’s Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. United Kingdom Market Segmentation
4.1 By Application
4.1.1 Animal Feed
4.1.2 Dietary Supplements
4.1.3 Functional Foods & Beverages
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.2 Health Stores/Pharmacies
4.2.3 Online Retail Stores
6. Competitor Analysis
6.1 Market Shares of Leading Global Players
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Global Players
6.3 Most Active Comapnies
7. Company Profiles
7.2 Arla Foods
7.3 CHR Hansen Holdings A/S
7.5 Dean Foods
7.6 DuPont Danisco
7.7 Fonterra Cooperative Group
7.9 Groupe Danone
*list is not exhaustive