ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market Size
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market Analysis
The ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market is anticipated to register a CAGR of 12.27% over the forecast period. Unified Communications (UC) has gained popularity since its introduction as a practical option for businesses of all sizes. However, the way that businesses manage their communication networks is shaped by the cloud delivery of unified communications offered by companies like Mitel Networks Corporation.
- Organizations, which are frequently characterized as having minimal IT budgets, have boosted their adoption of cost-effective cloud-based solutions. Consumer-focused mobile solutions that offer communication via chat, audio, and video calls on the same device to respond to all customer questions. Therefore, these solutions are meant to improve self-service, product inquiries, and customer support assistance. The use of virtual training and product management systems benefits employees as well.
- The region's presence of outdated contact centers makes it clear that there is a growing need for an easily maintained network system that can enable efficient communications across numerous enterprises.
- Furthermore, given the ineffective contact centers, it is clear that a growing demand exists for network systems that are simple to maintain and can facilitate efficient communications across various end-user industries, including healthcare, retail, and manufacturing. 90% of remote workers believe that video helps them maintain a closer connection with their coworkers, according to the Interactive Multimedia & Collaborative Communications Alliance (IMCCA).
- Concerning consumers, mobile-first solutions where communication is enabled through chat, audio, and video call through the same device can address all customer queries. Thus, these solutions enhance customer service assistance, merchandise inquiries, and self-service. Employees also benefit from deploying virtual training and merchandise management tools.
- The increasing complexity of cyber threats has driven the trend toward outsourcing one or more of an organization's security operations for cloud-based services.
- With the outbreak of COVID-19, businesses in the ASEAN region increased their investment in unified communications (UC). According to a study by Voxbone, COVID-19 pushed a massive increase in demand for cloud communications. Businesses have been looking for ways to reduce threats, such as group gatherings and the work commute.
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Industry Segmentation
Unified communications-as-a-service refers to a service model where the provider delivers different telecom or communications applications, software products, and processes over the web. Unified communication unifies or integrates all the communication methods a business uses into a single platform or multiple communication tools.
The ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market is segmented by type (VOIP solutions, enterprise collaboration, contact center services, and other types), by end-user (healthcare, retail, manufacturing, financial services, and other end-user industries), by deployment type (cloud, on-premises), and by country (Singapore, Malaysia, Philippines, Indonesia, and Rest of the ASEAN Region).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Contact Center Services|
|By End-user Industry|
|Other End-user Industries|
|By Deployment Type|
|Rest of the ASEAN Region|
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market according to our research experts:
BYOD adoption among the Enterprises is Expected to Drive the Market
- BYOD is a system that integrates mobile device management (MDM), reimbursement procedures, and security measures. This provides a handy, centralized platform for automating crucial activities and enhances the visibility of the devices used within the enterprise.
- It is anticipated that UCaaS solutions will become more popular due to the growing use of the BYOD trend and other mobility solutions. In this era of flexibility and network accessibility for employees working in the area for various businesses, Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) is emerging as a significant trend, increasing productivity in the workplace.
- Additionally, BYOD enables businesses to manage security concerns with "zero touches." When a BYOD solution is implemented, corporate data requirements are secured since the mobile device management (MDM) system can be integrated with BYOD to enable employee security.
- All of these top applications are combined into one fluid user experience that provides complete support for mobile workers via email, business phone, video conferencing, instant messaging, and more by implementing BYOD rules supported with Mobile UC integration. The tools mobile workers need to increase productivity and improve communications are provided by unified communications solutions. However, BYOD can increase security concerns a firm confronts as well as employee satisfaction. Access to unified communication applications can happen on any device, making the need to safeguard access on remote networks a growing concern.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Indonesia is Expected to Hold Significant Share
- Telecommunications regulations are one of the significant impediments to international service providers entering Asian countries, such as India, China, Indonesia, and Vietnam. In these nations, foreign service providers cannot host their VoIP and cloud services. As a result, local telecom carriers in the UCaaSmarket enjoy a monopolistic advantage to some extent.
- Demand for communication services like voice over internet protocol, audio conferencing, and video conferencing is projected to be driven by the expansion and increase in the need for internet-based communication among small and medium-sized businesses in the area.
- Moreover, after being bought by PT Telkom Indonesia (Persero) through TelkomMetrain last year, Telkomtelstra (PT Teltranet TeltranetSolusi) was renamed Digiserve by Telkom Indonesia (PT Digital Application Solusi). Digiserveis increasingly encouraged in developing services with the notion that it will boost the customer's business and help them achieve better outcomes due to this transition. DigiserveUC&C creates immersive experiences that allow companies to become more productive. People can collaborate more effectively across teams and stay connected on any device, no matter where they are.
- Furthermore, the aggressive rollout of high-speed internet at affordable prices in the region and the rapid uptake of smartphones encourage businesses to choose UCaaS solutions to enable employees to work remotely. These factors are driving the uptake of UCaaS solutions and platforms throughout the region and are anticipated to contribute to the overall demand during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Industry Overview
The ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market is consolidated as a few players, such as Mitel Networks Corporation, Ring Central Inc., and Cisco Systems Inc., hold a significant share. Due to their capacity to introduce innovations through substantial investments in research and development, these organizations can achieve a competitive advantage over the other players. The corporations' strategic alliances, mergers, and acquisitions have allowed them to occupy a large portion of the market.
In March 2022, 8x8 Inc. was the first to offer a completely cloud-based, comprehensive, unified communications and contact center solution for multinational organizations operating in 50 countries, including Indonesia and Thailand. 8x8 is the first company to combine UCaaS and CCaaS to meet the communications needs of all employees worldwide while they collaborate to offer differentiated customer experiences.
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market Leaders
Mitel Networks Corporation
Ring Central Inc.
Verizon Communications Inc.
Vonage Holdings Inc.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market News
- March 2022: 8x8 Inc., a leading integrated cloud communications platform, revealed that 8x8 XCaaS (experience communications as a Service) was the first comprehensive cloud contact center and phone solution to enable multinational organizations in 50 countries, accounting for around 85% of global GDP. With the addition of Indonesia and Thailand, 8x8 became the first cloud communications provider to provide full PSTN support for multinational organizations with users in 50 countries worldwide, including local direct numbers, toll-free numbers, and calling plans as support for local emergency services.
- February 2022: Vodafone Business and RingCentral teamed to bring a unified communications (UC) package with video phones and 5G to Asian markets, like Singapore and Hong Kong, and several nations in the United Kingdom and Europe. In this partnership, RingCentral's unified communications-as-a-service (UCaaS) and contact center-as-a-service (CCaaS) combined Vodafone Business's 5G and mobility capabilities. This combination will bring together cloud-based phone service, video meetings, and team messaging in a single app.
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Assessment of the Impact of COVID-19 on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rapid Cloud Adoption across Retail, Manufacturing, etc.
5.1.2 BYOD Adoption among the Enterprises
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Increasing Security Concerns for Cloud-based Services, etc.
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 VOIP Solutions
6.1.2 Enterprise Collaboration
6.1.3 Contact Center Services
6.1.4 Other Types
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.4 Financial Services
6.2.5 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Deployment Type
6.4 By Country
6.4.5 Rest of the ASEAN Region
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Mitel Networks Corporation
7.1.2 Ring Central Inc.
7.1.3 8X8 Inc.
7.1.4 Verizon Communications Inc.
7.1.5 Vonage Holdings Inc.
7.1.6 Cisco Systems Inc.
7.1.7 Avaya Inc.
7.1.8 VADS Berhad
7.1.9 Singapore Telecommunications Limited
7.1.10 PLDT Enterprise
7.1.11 NTT Communication Corporation
7.1.12 Telstra Corporation Limited
7.1.13 PCCW Global
7.1.14 Mitel Networks Corporation
7.1.15 Maxis Communications
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FRUTURE OF THE MARKET
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market?
The ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market is growing at a CAGR of 12.27% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market?
Mitel Networks Corporation, Ring Central Inc., 8X8 Inc., Verizon Communications Inc., Vonage Holdings Inc. are the major companies operating in ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market.
ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. ASEAN Unified Communication-as-a-Service analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.