Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market is expected to register a CAGR of 8.5% during the forecast period (2021 - 2026). The outbreak of the COVID-19 pandemic virus worldwide is anticipated to augment the demand adopting work from home (WFH) for employees, owing to the lockdown and social distancing strategy adopted across several counties of Asia to fight the pandemic.
With corporates expected to defer their decisions on fresh offtake of commercial spaces by at least a quarter or two, the office demand is likely to contract during 2020, thereby significant corporates to continue to opt for WFH for their business continuity. This has significantly driven the need for solutions offering safer enterprise collaboration. As a result of the WFH onslaught, IGEL has witnessed stepped-up sales, providing tens of thousands of seats in the past several weeks for IGEL's Linux OS connected to VMware, Citrix Systems, Microsoft, and Amazon, along with unprecedented demand for its UD Pocket offering in Asia.
- The companies are also focusing on cognitive collaboration, which is applying artificial intelligence to business knowledge and workflows by bringing cognitive learning and information sharing to all areas of interactions. Natural Language Processing, Predictive Analysis, and intelligent routing are examples of cognitive-powered customer interaction technologies.
- Moreover, Cloud-based services have emerged as a solution that helps the organization overcome risks. Cloud-based EFSS solutions have reduced the need for substantial capital requirements necessary for updating and upgrading the IT infrastructure of the system. With the fast updating of electronic and IT technology, the investment is also at risk of going obsolete before completing the return on the investment.
- Additionally, the companies also focus on cognitive collaboration, which applies artificial intelligence to business knowledge and workflows by bringing cognitive learning and information sharing to all interactions. Natural Language Processing, Predictive Analysis, and intelligent routing are examples of cognitive-powered customer interaction technologies.
- The cloud-based deployment of workloads is anticipated to be primarily driven by the consistent growth in the generated data. Various end-user industries are dealing with a massive volume of data being developed. The data centers are more suited for an organization that runs many applications and complex workloads about enterprise collaboration. It also enables the achievement of high productivity, with access to real-time data with all application tools.
- Further, many countries have laws or policies that dictate data of a specific type remain within the borders of a given region or country. China, Australia, Hong Kong, and Singapore have regulated data residency for information, such as government files and healthcare records. Additionally, many professional associations, such as accounting, finance, law, mortgage brokers, and banking, have professional standards for their members that include data residency requirements to govern cloud service providers' use and keep information within defined geographic jurisdiction.
Scope of the Report
The enterprise collaboration market is currently seeing a surge in innovation, which has led to several new approaches that have real potential to become digital workplace breakthroughs. As per the study, enterprise collaboration tools provide multiple features required for an enterprise, such as scheduling, communication, social engagement, etc., packed into a single package to deliver higher productivity and the ability to share ideas seamlessly. Tools such as Teams form a part of the integrated package of Microsoft that primarily provides communication capabilities and other features such as scheduling. Such tools are also studied in the study. Additionally, the study is focused on Asia-Pacific and analyses the demand for enterprise collaboration solutions across enterprises categorized by Enterprise Sizes and Industry verticals. A detailed view of key markets in Asia-Pacific regions such as China, Japan, India, among others, are studied. Further, the market estimates indicate the revenues accrued through license/subscription fees of enterprise collaboration solutions across APAC.
|By Deployment Type|
|By Size of Enterprise|
|Small and Medium Enterprises|
|By End-user Industry|
|Telecommunications and IT|
|Retail and Consumer Goods|
|Other End-user Industry Verticals (Education, Transportation and Logistics, Manufacturing, Government)|
|Rest of Asia Pacific (Southeast Asia, A&Z)|
Key Market Trends
Cloud-based Deployment is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- Cloud-based deployment to workload is expected to be primarily driven by the consistent growth in the data generated. Several industry verticals deal with a massive volume of data. A data center is more suited for an organization that runs many types of applications and complex workloads pertaining to enterprise collaboration. It enables the achievement of high productivity, with access to real-time data with all application tools.
- Additionally, The majority of the SMEs (small-medium enterprises) are adopting cloud deployment, as these solutions help SMEs avoid costs related to hardware, software, storage, and technical staff. It also helps in the scalability of data in the collaboration market.
- Moreover, with cloud-based storage systems, businesses pay for the storage they require. This pricing flexibility prevents wasted infrastructure. According to Cisco Systems, in 2018, the consumer cloud storage traffic was 29 exabytes, and this is expected to increase to 48 exabytes by 2020.
- According to NASSCOM’s report, the total enterprise IT spending on cloud technology globally stood at USD 187 billion in 2018. Cloud spending will reach USD 345 billion by 2022, with a CAGR of 16.5% during 2018-2022. This may further create an opportunity for the market in the future.
- Further, Cloud-based deployment offers a pay-per-use service model, which provides companies with the flexibility to pay cloud service vendors only when services are used, as against the upfront capital expenditure involved in an on-premises deployment. In addition, Cloud-deployed platforms reduce the costs associated with upgrading and updating solutions, as service providers bear extra costs.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Retail and Consumer Goods is Expected to Account For Significant Market Share
- The retail sector is witnessing significant growth due to the rising demand for consumer goods, e-commerce volume, and digital transformation. This has given rise to the data generated in the sector, with the implementation of Big Data solutions. By connecting the content moving from users, through documents or apps, to devices with a single collaboration platform, the employees at the physical retail store or a virtual store can make a quicker decision on the spot.
- Moreover, in December 2020, Trax, a global provider of computer vision solutions and analytics for retail, has officially launched its Retail Watch store monitoring and intelligence solution in China. As part of its Retail Watch offering, Trax's all-new shelf monitoring robotic solutions and collaboration platform for the China market, developed in partnership with local robotics company Ecovacs, recently debuted at the 22nd China Retail Trade Fair (ChinaShop) in Shanghai.
- The faster transfer of information in the retail, consumer, and logistics sector can help businesses enormously by timely replenishing the stock. Electronic data exchange can help different members of the supply chain exchange the information in real-time for any procurement, sales, and purchases, thus cutting on the need for inventory stocking for a more extended period.
- Furthermore, Enterprise collaboration for File Sharing in retail provides data and content control, security, and synchronization, along with access to the information to all its employees. This ensures a continuous service to customers anywhere and anytime to answer their questions and fill carts.
- Further, in September 2020, Flipkart Wholesale, the digital B2B marketplace of India's homegrown Flipkart Group, has launched its operations to connect local manufacturers with retailers and bring the entire wholesale market to their fingertips using technology. Flipkart Wholesale is a one-stop solution for the retail ecosystem. It will offer Indian businesses a wide selection of products at a significant value, powered by technology, and grow their business. The platform is currently available for fashion retailers, especially footwear and apparel, in Gurugram, Delhi, and Bengaluru.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market is highly competitive due to multiple vendors operating in the domestic and international markets. The market appears to be fragmented. The significant players adopt mergers, acquisitions, and expansions to expand their geographic reach and stay competitive. Some of the major players in the market are Microsoft Corporation, Amazon Web Services, Salesforce.Com Inc., among others. Some of the recent developments in the market are:
- July 2021 – Informatica announced it had launched its Intelligent Data Management Cloud (IDMC). The first end-to-end AI-powered cloud platform service available on Microsoft Azure Southeast Asia region for Asia Pacific customers is part of the company’s efforts to double down on cloud business growth in the area.
- September 2020 - Tech Data announced it launched Click-to-Run solutions widely available across Asia Pacific, enabling channel partners to meet regional market demands for complex cloud solutions quickly. Tech Data’s multi-vendor Click-to-Run solutions simplify complex solutions for partners to configure, customize and deploy, reducing time and risk for customers.
- June 2021 - Genesys has launched new capabilities for Genesys Cloud CX in India by enabling businesses to keep their interactions and data located within the country. This is especially crucial for organizations in highly regulated industries with stringent compliance and security standards, such as healthcare, financial services, and government, often have data sovereignty requirements. Now, Indian businesses across all sectors can deliver more personalized digital-first customer experiences using Genesys Cloud CX.
- October 2020 - Intrado Corporation has announced the launch of Hoot Meetings, a video-first online meeting tool for the modern workplace. Built on browser-based Web RTC technology, Hoot Meetings delivers integrated audio, video, and web experience. Users can start and join meetings from desktop, mobile devices, and video endpoints, as well as from industry-leading team collaboration solutions, all without downloads or plug-ins. This easy accessibility supports increased productivity and collaboration.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHT
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Evolution of Enterprise Collaboration Tools
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 API Integration for Greater Efficiency
5.1.2 Increase in Usage of Mobile Devices across Enterprises
5.1.3 Remote Working Conditions etc.
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Security Concerns in Data Collaboration etc.
5.3 Comparison of Global and Asia-Pacific Enterprise Collaboration market
5.4 Assessment of COVID-19 Impact on the industry
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Deployment Type
6.2 By Size of Enterprise
6.2.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
6.2.2 Large Enterprises
6.3 By End-user Industry
6.3.1 Telecommunications and IT
6.3.4 Retail and Consumer Goods
6.3.5 Other End-user Industry Verticals (Education, Transportation and Logistics, Manufacturing, Government)
6.4 By Country
6.4.4 South Korea
6.4.5 Rest of Asia Pacific (Southeast Asia, A&Z)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Microsoft Corporation
7.1.2 Amazon Web Services
7.1.3 Atlassian Corporation PLC
7.1.4 Slack Technologies Inc.
7.1.5 Salesforce.Com Inc.
7.1.6 Google (Workspace)
7.1.7 Cisco System Inc.
7.1.8 Zoho Corporation Pvt Ltd
7.1.9 Jive Software Inc.
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market?
The Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market is growing at a CAGR of 8.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market?
Microsoft Corporation, Amazon Web Services, Atlassian Corporation PLC , Slack Technologies Inc., Salesforce.Com Inc. are the major companies operating in Asia Pacific Enterprise Collaboration Market.