Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Market Size (2024)
|USD 44.68 Billion
|Market Size (2029)
|USD 139.94 Billion
|CAGR (2024 - 2029)
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market Analysis
The Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market size is estimated at USD 44.68 billion in 2024, and is expected to reach USD 139.94 billion by 2029, growing at a CAGR of 25.65% during the forecast period (2024-2029).
The increasing trend of work from home (WFH) model is compelling employers to use UCaaS solutions as it's beneficial for companies to reevaluate their operational costs and save their marginal revenue from declining.
- Unified Communications as a Service is the cloud service that brings together different communication and collaboration applications in one central platform. UCaaS allows businesses to optimise their communication channels, reduce costs and improve efficiency.
- UCaaS provides a wide range of communication tools, including voice and video conferencing, communications, email or collaborate software. The platform provides users with access to these tools through an Internet connection wherever they are, on any device. It's an appealing option for businesses of all sizes, eliminating the need to incur expensive hardware, software and maintenance costs. For instance, in May 2023, the Indian government granted Zoom Video Communications, a web conferencing company, a Unified License with access covering all of India, National Long Distance (NLD), and International Long Distance (ILD). This will allow it to offer Zoom Phone, a cloud-based private branch exchange (PBX) service, to enterprises in the country.
- In addition, the introduction of 5G technology and high-speed internet is anticipated to boost the market in the forecasted period, Because the 5G network is easy to use for video and Audio Conferencing, which requires high speed and minimal latency. According to 5G Americas, there are expected to be 1.9 billion fifth generation subscribers in the world by 2023. By 2024 and by 2027, this number is projected to be 2.8 billion and 5.9 billion respectively.
- The rising implementation of smart mobile gadgets and association tool improvements empower remote work and dispersed workforce tactics. Similarly, establishments employ a 'bring your device' (BYOD) rule across their business facilities. This approach will likely help organizations upsurge efficiency, refine internal interaction, and eradicate different prices. This is anticipated to eventually bolster the unified communication as a service market growth during the forecast period.
- Considering the growing preference for digitization, customer service is expected to emerge as a major challenge as customers continue to use various modes of communication.
- Moreover, the demand for Unified Communications has grown over the last decade. It witnessed an exceptional rise after the pandemic outbreak. With the emergence of COVID-19, digital transformation became an urgent requirement for businesses to ensure their survival, growth, and market leadership. The need for unified, frictionless, and secure access to data and applications anytime, anywhere exponentially increased.
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market Trends
Migration from Legacy Systems to Cloud-Based Communication Services to Witness the Growth
- As business communications increase, companies are looking for ways of managing complexity, cutting costs and boosting overall productivity. This has led to an increase in the use of unified communications as a service, a cloud based concept.
- Furthermore, more companies are adapting to the flexibility and hybrid working practices as well as adopting cloud based solutions so that employees can be accommodated across devices, departments or timezones.
- Moreover, because they do not need an on site hosting infrastructure and are easy to scale as well as have the latest features and security, cloud solutions for Unified Communications as a Service typically deliver greater cost effectiveness. Due to a series of major breaches that make the security of clouds one of the main concerns for all companies, there has been an increase in investment in data center security.
- A private cloud server is an infrastructure that provides hosted services to a single enterprise. It provides all the advantages, such as agility, scalability, and ability to build many virtual machines for complicated computational activities and operations, while retaining a high level of data security and privacy protection.
North America Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The region is significantly contributing to the studied market growth, primarily due to the recent surge in mobility and the explosion of 5G connections due to the consumerization of I.T., which has aided enterprises in adopting I.P. telephony and UCaaS to allow remote employees to simulate in-office work experiences.
- In the U.S., end-user verticals, such as retail, banking and finance, healthcare, information technology, and telecommunications, seek a more direct and seamless experience for all of their communications, audio, video, and chat, no matter where they are. To fulfill this need, enterprises are looking for a unified deployment and management solution from a single vendor they can rely on to handle their UCC requirements. They'll be able to integrate remote connectivity tools on a single UCaaS platform with the advent of 5G.
- The region has a reputation for the efficient integration of online and offline channels, which results in an integrated customer experience. Prevailing services aim to connect customers with a variety of channels, including e.g. online shopping platforms, social networks, mobility applications, retail stores and customer assistance channels.
- In addition, demand for UCaaS is driven by the presence of a number of multinational companies in this area. By becoming a hub for artificial intelligence, organizations are evolving through modern technology, and there is considerable growth in organizations providing AI related services at global scale.
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Industry Overview
The competitive rivalry between market players is high owing to some major players like 8x8 Inc., Mitel Networks, Verizon, and many others, and the Unified Communication-as-a-Service (UCaaS) Market is moderately fragmented. These companies can gain a competitive advantage due to their ability to bring about innovations by investing heavily in research and development activities. Strategic partnerships, mergers, and acquisitions have allowed these companies to occupy a substantial market share.
- In October 2023, Mitel officially completed its previously announced acquisition of Unify, which includes Communication and Collaboration Services (CCS) and Unified Communications and Collaboration (UCC) businesses of the Atos group. With this acquisition, the company has now increased its customers base to more than 75 million users in over 100 countries.
- In June 2023, Cisco partnered with AT&T mobile network to natively integrate Webex Calling. This partnership is expected to deliver a mobile-first, powerful, and unified collaboration experience via a single business mobile number. Such developments are expected to drive the industry growth.
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market Leaders
Cisco Systems Inc.
Mitel Networks Corporation
Gamma Communication PLC
NTT Communication Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market News
- October 2023, Avaya Inc. and Flouris, a major Dutch mortgage lender, have worked together to use OneCloud CCaaS for improving customer experience while enabling its contact centre staff to work in an environment of blended environments.
- October 2023, With the help of its global partner network, ALE International, a provider of communications, networking and cloud solutions, is expanding its global distribution network to Rainbow Hub. This is expected to meet the increasing needs of businesses looking for innovative solutions that allow them to connect and interact with their teams, customers or suppliers.
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Stakeholder Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Emergence of Pay-as-you-go Model Driving Demand over Legacy UC Solutions
5.1.2 Changing Workforce Dynamics Leading to the Emergence of New Forms of Enterprise Collaboration
5.1.3 Migration from Legacy Systems to Cloud-Based Communication Services to Witness the Growth
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Low Readiness to Move to Modern Unified Communications
5.3 Key Business Models in the UC Industry
6. TECHNOLOGY OVERVIEW
7. MARKET SEGMENTATION
7.1 By Size of Enterprise
7.1.1 Small and Medium Enterprises
7.1.2 Large Enterprises
7.2 By End-user Vertical
7.2.4 Government and Public Sector
7.2.5 IT and Telecom
7.2.6 Other End-user Verticals
7.3 By Geography
7.3.1 North America
7.3.4 Latin America
7.3.5 Middle East and Africa
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 8X8 Inc.
8.1.2 Cisco Systems Inc.
8.1.3 Mitel Networks Corporation
8.1.4 Gamma Communication PLC
8.1.5 NTT Communication Corporation
8.1.6 Vodafone Group PLC
8.1.7 Telia Company AB
8.1.8 KPN NV
8.1.9 BT Group PLC
8.1.10 Verizon Communications Inc.
8.1.12 Soluno (Destiny NV)
8.1.13 VADS Berhad
8.1.14 Singapore Telecommunications Limited
8.1.15 PLDT Enterprise
8.1.16 Telstra Corporation Limited
8.1.17 PCCW Global
8.1.18 Maxis Communications
- *List Not Exhaustive
9. KEY RECOMMENDATIONS
9.1 Key Strategic Recommendations
9.2 Analyst's View on Regional Demand and Positioning
9.3 Analysis of Most Adopted Strategies
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Unified Communication as a Service (UCaaS) Market Research FAQs
How big is the Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market?
The Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market size is expected to reach USD 44.68 billion in 2024 and grow at a CAGR of 25.65% to reach USD 139.94 billion by 2029.
What is the current Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market size?
In 2024, the Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market size is expected to reach USD 44.68 billion.
Who are the key players in Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market?
8X8 Inc., Cisco Systems Inc., Mitel Networks Corporation, Gamma Communication PLC and NTT Communication Corporation are the major companies operating in the Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market.
What years does this Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market cover, and what was the market size in 2023?
In 2023, the Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market size was estimated at USD 33.22 billion. The report covers the Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Unified Communication-as-a-Service Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Unified Communication-as-a-Service (UCaaS) Market Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Unified Communication-as-a-Service (UCaaS) market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Unified Communication-as-a-Service (UCaaS) analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.