Trash Bags Market Size
|Market Size (2023)||USD 13.22 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 19.02 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||7.55 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia-Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Trash Bags Market Analysis
The Trash Bags Market size is expected to grow from USD 13.22 billion in 2023 to USD 19.02 billion by 2028, at a CAGR of 7.55% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Trash bags typically made of polyethylene are tough, light, and hold garbage securely without leakage or spillover, thereby finding its adoption across various end-user industries such as retail, institutional, and industrial.
- People are increasingly focusing on hygiene and the cleanliness of the surrounding environment, which could boost the adoption of trash bags over the forecast period.
- Rapid urbanization has resulted in an increased waste generation, which could fuel the usage of trash bags over the forecast period; it also stated that annual waste generation would increase by 70% from 2016 levels to 3.40 billion tonnes in 2050. Such instances indicate that the trash bag market would grow over the forecast period.
- Manufacturers and consumers are dealing with fluctuating prices due to material supply challenges and sanctions on using plastic bags. Raw materials and trash bag prices have been fluctuating due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
- Consumer awareness of environmentally friendly products is increasing with the rise in environmental concerns. Thus, the demand for oxo-biodegradable bags is expected to be fueled by customer preference for eco-friendly, clean alternatives to traditional synthetic items. Continuous growth in the food, beverage, and pharmaceutical industries also contributes to increased demand for oxo-biodegradable bags around the globe.
- For trash bag manufacturers, the COVID-19 virus outbreak had a negligible effect that was only expected to last a short time. Supply chain disruptions, a lack of raw materials for the manufacturing process, labor shortages, and price fluctuations that may affect the production of the finished product are a few effects of lockdowns.
Trash Bags Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Trash Bags Market according to our research experts:
Growing Concern Of Sustainablity and Demand for Sustainable Solution.
- To reduce the plastic footprint, governments and related regulatory bodies are imposing bans on plastics, resulting in the countrywide prohibition of plastics that could affect the trash bag market.
- In June 2022, the Government of Canada announced to ban on the manufacturing and import of single-use plastics by the end of 2022 in a significant effort to combat plastic waste and address climate change. The ban includes checkout bags, straws, cutlery, and food service made from or containing plastics that are difficult to recycle, with a few exceptions for medical reasons. The ban is expected to come into effect in December 2022, and the sale of these plastic items will be prohibited by December 2023.
- According to a new analysis by a University of Georgia researcher published in March 2022, these policies may cause more plastic bags to be purchased in their regions. When single-use plastic shopping bags are taxed or banned, people look for alternatives that indicate they buy small plastic trash bags. For instance, the study found out that California communities with bag policies witnessed sales of 8-gallon trash bags increase by 87% to 110%, and sales of 4-gallon trash bags increase by 55% to 75%. Thus, the plastic bags ban can eventually result in increased sales of trash bags in North America overall as well.
- As trash bags are increasing in adoption across end users, such as the residential, commercial, and retail sectors, companies are looking for alternatives to dispose of the waste generated by using bags. The bans on plastic trash bags allow manufacturers to develop biodegradable or recyclable trash bags that enable them to support their business activities, thereby boosting the market growth.
- However, such bans allow the trash bag manufacturers to develop a biodegradable or recyclable trash bag that enables them to support their business activities, thereby boosting the market growth.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold the Largest Market Share
- The increasing initiatives by the government and regulatory bodies to promote the usage of trash bags are one of the significant factors that could boost the adoption of trash bags in the region over the forecast period.
- Increasing demand for easily disposable and eco-friendly garbage bags and awareness regarding environmentally sustainable products is expected to drive market growth. Additionally, growing awareness regarding hygiene and cleanliness among the people is mainly fuelling the demand for such products.
- Moreover, increasing housing facilities across the globe is likely to ease the consumption of trash cans among households and, thereby, trash bags. According to the US Department of Housing and Urban Development, US housing sales value rose up to USD 791,000, a 36.3% rise over the previous month. Additionally, other factors, such as the increasing population and the global urbanization rate, provide long-term demand for the products associated with waste management activities.
- The Resource Conservation and Recovery Act (RCRA) is the public law that creates the framework for properly managing hazardous and non-hazardous solid waste. The law describes the waste management program mandated by Congress. According to the United States Environmental Protection Agency, plastics have been a rapidly growing part of municipal solid waste (MSW). Plastic is found in all significant MSW categories.
- The United States produces more than 12% of the planet's municipal solid waste (MSW), though it is home to only 4% of the world's population. Apart from this, a large amount of waste is created by industrial processes, mainly from the household products manufacturing industry. Activities like mining, manufacturing, and agriculture create industrial solid waste, which is poorly tracked but may account for up to 97% of America's total waste (source: US PIRG Education Fund).
- The US Environmental Protection Agency regulates household and industrial waste to protect it from the hazards of waste disposal. It also seeks to conserve energy and natural resources, reduce and eliminate waste, and clean up the waste that has been improperly disposed of. This is likely to promote the growth of the trash bag market.
- In July 2021, Maine became the first state in the United States to pass a law that establishes the producer's responsibility for packaging and paper products, shifting responsibility for the costs of recycling away from the taxpayer and the corporations responsible for producing those products.
- Besides this, the uncertain occurrence of the COVID-19 outbreak has skyrocketed the consumer demand for personal hygiene and protection-related products, thereby driving the market growth. However, governmental regulations related to the usage of plastic garbage bags have significantly impacted the development of the market.
- US cities and states are taking strides toward a zero-waste policy. Around 11 states have passed bans on single-use plastic bags, seven have passed prohibitions on expanded polystyrene containers, and more.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Trash Bags Industry Overview
The competitive rivalry in the trash bags market is high owing to the presence of some key players such as Berry Global Inc., Hefty (Reynolds Consumer Products LLC), and many more. The player in the market is involved in strategic partnerships that have enabled them to come up with product developments, fueling the market growth.\
- August 2022 - Balenciaga launched a new line of products called 'bin bags.' This time, the French fashion house has launched a pouch inspired by the garbage bin bags' design.
Trash Bags Market Leaders
Berry Global Inc.
Hefty (Reynolds Consumer Products LLC)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Trash Bags Market News
- October 2022 - ECOSAC launches Ecopath- A Line of Biodegradable Consumer Products. Ecopath offers eco-friendly alternatives for daily use consumer products to 'Ecopaths,' who believe in environmentalism. These products made using responsibly sourced natural, and biodegradable raw materials range from coir dishwashing scrub pads, paper stem cotton buds, wooden toothbrushes, tongue cleaners, wooden combs, bamboo straws, wooden shaving brushes, and razors to compostable garbage bags named Kachra sack (which are widely available in all major supermarkets).
Trash Bags Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Rapid Urbanization
4.2.2 Growing Awareness for Hygiene
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Increasing Plastic Bans
4.4 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.5 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.5.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.5.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.5.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.5.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.5.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End-user Industries
5.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 Pack-It BV
6.1.2 Kemii Garbage Bag Co. Ltd
6.1.3 Cosmoplast Industrial Company LLC( Harwal Group of Companies)
6.1.4 Luban Packing LLC
6.1.5 Hefty(Reynolds Consumer Products LLC)
6.1.6 International Plastics Inc.
6.1.8 Novplasta s.r.o.
6.1.9 Terdex GmbH
6.1.10 Berry Global Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Trash Bags Market Research FAQs
How big is the Trash Bags Market?
The Trash Bags Market size is expected to reach USD 13.22 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 7.55% to reach USD 19.02 billion by 2028.
What is the current Trash Bags Market size?
In 2023, the Trash Bags Market size is expected to reach USD 13.22 billion.
Who are the key players in Trash Bags Market?
Berry Global Inc., Terdex GmbH, Novplasta, s.r.o., Novolex and Hefty (Reynolds Consumer Products LLC) are the major companies operating in the Trash Bags Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Trash Bags Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2027).
Which region has the biggest share in Trash Bags Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Trash Bags Market.
Trash Bags Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Trash Bags market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Trash Bags analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.