Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps market is estimated to register a CAGR of about 5.2% from 2022 to 2027. Industrial pumps find application in a wide range of industries like water and wastewater, oil and gas, chemicals, food, and beverages and play an important role in moving an assortment of fluids from one location to another.
- In Southeast Asia, the demand for industrial pumps is driven by increasing investments towards building and construction along with water infrastructure, with consistent expansion in access to water supply and sanitation systems. This has led to an increase in the utilization of pumps across various end-use industries like chemical and wastewater treatment plants and general industries like mining, pulp, paper manufacturing, food and beverages, and power generation.
- For instance, in September 2021, the World Bank approved a USD 380 million loans to develop Indonesia’s first pumped storage hydropower plant, aiming to improve power generation capacity during peak demand while supporting the country’s energy transition and decarbonization goals.
- Further, the technological advancements in manufacturing with the combination of 3D printing technology with computer modeling is another primary factor driving the market growth. With the increased adoption of digital solutions such as IoT, data analysis, and network connectivity, the industrial pump market is resorting to digitalization for better water management, identifying faults, and capturing live data with the help of a remote monitoring option.
- The increase in COVID-19 cases in Southeast Asia and the consequent restrictions on various activities have severely impacted the industrial pumps market. A decline in pump consumption and the restriction on construction activities hampered the market growth. However, with restrictions easing up, the market is expected to recover in the coming years.
- Over the past couple of years, the rising costs of raw materials such as steel, copper, and aluminum, have pushed up the prices of industrial pumps in the region. However, customers' inclination toward low-cost products might act as a restraint for the market growth.
Scope of the Report
An industrial pump is an equipment used to move many different types of products, such as water, chemicals, petroleum, wastewater, oil, sludge, slurry, or food. It comes in a variety of shapes, sizes, and capacities. Industrial pumps can be broadly classified into positive displacement pumps and centrifugal pumps.
|By End-User Industry|
|Oil and Gas|
|Water and Wastewater|
|Chemicals and Petrochemicals|
|Food and Beverage|
|Other End-user Industries|
|Rest of Southeast Asia|
Key Market Trends
Water and Wastewater Industry to Hold a Major Market Share
- In Southeast Asia, high growth in the water and wastewater treatment industry is expected to increase the overall revenues for industrial pumps. Growth in the water industry is driven by the need for better management of water resources, including water recycling, rainwater harvesting, storage, and improved irrigation processes.
- For instance, in February 2022, the construction of a steel dam worth over VND 10.7 billion (USD 472,000) started in the Tien Giang Province of Vietnam, which is expected to help prevent saltwater intrusion and store fresh water upon completion.
- Further, many countries in the Southeast Asian region face severe water shortages. The increasing demand for clean water, growing water contamination, stringent government regulations on water treatment and increasing industrial waste discharge in waterbodies are the major factors that have necessitated initiatives to expand wastewater treatment facilities in these countries.
- For instance, the first wastewater treatment plant of eastern Indonesia is expected to commence operation in Makassar in 2024. The USD 75 million pilot project is aimed at benefiting the region’s roughly 70,000 residents amid concerns over worsening water pollution.
- In any wastewater treatment plant, industrial pumps play a critical role. They help in collecting the wastewater from different parts of the plant and transfer it to the treatment plant. Once the water is purified, pumps then assist in moving the treated water to places where it is required or to a storage tank.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Centrifugal Type to Grow Significantly
- Centrifugal pumps are hydraulically operated machines whose primary purpose is to transfer fluids through increased pressure. Centrifugal pumps are currently used across many domestic and industrial processes. Different types of centrifugal pumps are required to effectively meet pumping requirements, from supplying the water used in residential buildings to industrial applications like food, beverage, and chemical manufacturing.
- A typical centrifugal pump setup comprises one or more impellers attached to a rotary pump shaft. This arrangement provides the energy required to conduct fluid through the pump system and the associated piping. Centrifugal pumps can be further classified into single-stage or multi-stage, depending on the number of impellers present within their setup.
- Further, a submersible pump is another variant of a centrifugal pump, which is attached to an electric motor and operates while submerged in water. The sealed electric motor spins a series of impellers. The pump's capacity is determined by the width of the impeller vanes and its pressure by the number of impellers.
- Centrifugal pumps can be used for handling huge amounts of liquids to provide extremely high flow rates, and they can regulate the flow rate of the liquid over a wide range. These pumps are usually preferred for lower viscosity (thin) liquids like light oil or water.
- The Southeast Asia region holds a significant share of the centrifugal pumps market globally. The region's industrial infrastructure is witnessing growth because of many business-friendly policies implemented in these countries. Additionally, the increasing investments in the construction industry, attributed to rapid urbanization, will further accelerate the demand for these pumps.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps market is moderately competitive and consists of some influential players. These businesses leverage strategic collaborative actions to improve their market percentage and enhance profitability.
- October 2021 - Grundfos introduced its LC232 Controller, a new groundwater pump controller that will help advance smart agriculture in four markets in the Asia Pacific region – including Indonesia and Thailand. The controller is expected to provide reliability and flexibility to control submersible borehole pumps for irrigation, extraction, and agricultural water supply and transfer.
- June 2021 - Wilo Group opened a new assembly plant in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, which will serve as a platform and supply the entire SEA region with Wilo pumps.
- October 2021 - Grundfos launched its Distributed Pumping System in Thailand, which can reduce energy consumption for cooling large commercial buildings by up to 50%, substantially cutting operational costs and helping Thai companies achieve their sustainability goals.
- January 2022 - Sulzer extended its portfolio of clean water pumps with the launch of the SES and SKS ranges. These new EN733 standard pumps are suitable for use in municipalities, water treatment facilities, and commercial and irrigation applications. With a robust cast iron casing and a choice of cast iron, stainless steel, or bronze impellers, the new units are supplied as a complete package, including the motor.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness-Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 Outbreak on the Industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Investments in Building and Construction
5.1.2 Technological Advancements in Manufacturing
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Rising Costs of Raw Materials
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Positive Displacement
126.96.36.199 Rotary Pump
6.2 By End-User Industry
6.2.1 Oil and Gas
6.2.2 Water and Wastewater
6.2.3 Chemicals and Petrochemicals
6.2.4 Power Generation
6.2.5 Pharmaceutical/Life Sciences
6.2.6 Food and Beverage
6.2.7 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Country
6.3.5 Rest of Southeast Asia
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Kirloskar Brothers Limited
7.1.2 Grundfos Holding A/S
7.1.3 Flowserve Corporation
7.1.4 Sulzer Ltd.
7.1.5 Ebara Corporation
7.1.6 Pumpco International Pte. Ltd
7.1.7 Dancomech Holdings Berhad
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps Market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps Market?
The Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps Market is growing at a CAGR of <5.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps Market?
Kirloskar Brothers Limited, Grundfos Holding A/S, Flowserve Corporation, Sulzer Ltd, Ebara Corporation are the major companies operating in Southeast Asia Industrial Pumps Market.