Industrial Pumps Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Industrial Pumps Market Analysis
The global industrial pumps market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.7% during the forecast period, 2022-2027. The rising demand for high-energy efficiency pumps, the growing focus on wastewater management systems, and strong industrialization growth prospects are key factors propelling the market over the forecast period.
- Industrial pumps are primarily used in harsh or heavy-duty applications. Growing exploration activities in the oil and gas sector because of the escalating energy demand and the increasing emphasis on upgrading existing wastewater treatment plants contribute to market growth. This could be due to the limited availability of potable water, raising awareness about the harmful impacts of drinking contaminated water, and growing environmental concerns.
- India is planning to derive 40% of its energy from renewable sources by 2030, which is at 15% currently. To achieve these energy manufacturing goals, manufacturers, with the government's help, are making significant investments in the market studied. For instance, the Union Budget 2022-23 emphasized inclusive growth and welfare. The PM Gati Shakti plans to provide world-class modern infrastructure and logistics synergy for the growth and development of the country. For the pump industry, an increased share of domestic procurement in defense and additional allocation of PLI for high-efficiency solar module manufacturing would benefit the respective manufacturers of pumps.
- The market is also witnessing various partnerships and collaborations among various vendors that is augmenting the market growth. For instance, in June 2022, Flowserve Corporation, a leading provider of flow control products and services for global infrastructure markets, announced a contract to supply pumps to TMGcore, Inc., a Texas-based leading provider of high-performance computing solutions specializing in liquid immersion cooling technology.
- Additionally, a primary boiler feed water pump, BFP (RHD-350), and Booster Pump-BP (YNK 350-620) were supplied by the pump manufacturer KSB Ltd in April 2021 to the Nuclear Power Corporation of India Ltd. (NPCIL). By creating the pump for the 700 MW Indian Pressurized Heavy Water Reactors (PHWRs) and adding it to its product line, which already includes a variety of pumps for nuclear application, KSB Ltd. achieved a significant milestone.
- Demand in the industrial sector was noticeably lower during the COVID-19 outbreak and the ensuing lockdown. The entire industrial manufacturing capacity was decreased, and the consumer sectors were consolidated in 2020 and 2021 due to the closure of smaller companies and organizations with a rather precarious financial state. For instance, the decreased demand for pumps from end-users caused Flowserve Corporation, one of the largest manufacturers of industrial pumps, to see a significant decline in operating income from USD 387 million to USD 250 million.
Industrial Pumps Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Industrial Pumps Market according to our research experts:
Water and Wastewater to Hold a Significant Share
- Water and wastewater treatment utilities are typically the largest energy consumers, averaging 30% to 40% of the total energy consumed. This makes implementing energy-efficiency measures in water sector systems an inevitable option. Further, EPA estimates that 3% to 4% of the US electricity consumption will be consumed to provide clean drinking water to its citizens and manage wastewater.
- The governments are making various investments across the regions to improve the water infrastructure. For instance, in November 2021, the United States president signed the Infrastructure Investment and Jobs Act (IIJA) that allocated USD 1.2 trillion for the infrastructure in the United States, including USD 55 billion for water pipe upgrades and investments in clean drinking water and water recycling programs.
- Moreover, China published new guidelines for wastewater reuse, raising the proportion of sewage that must be treated to reuse standards to 25% by 2025. This further proves the country's ambition to transition from capacity expansion to a greater emphasis on treated effluent quality. As part of the effort, China aims to construct and upgrade 80,000km of wastewater collection pipelines over the next five years.
- In March 2022, Flowserve Corporation announced its partnership with Gradiant to help address the most challenging water and wastewater treatment problems. Gradiant develops and delivers advanced water and wastewater treatment facilities worldwide, whereas Flowserve Corporation is a provider of flow control products and services for the global infrastructure markets.
- Further, according to a survey conducted by American Water Works Association (AWWA), renewal and replacement of aging water and wastewater is the primary issue in the water sector, with 65.2% respondents agreeing to the issue.
Asia Pacific to Hold Significant Market Share
- The demand for industrial pumps in the region is essentially driven by increasing investments towards water infrastructure, with continuous expansion in water supply and sanitation systems access. This has led to an increase in the utilization of pumps across a range of end-use industries such as chemical and wastewater treatment plants, and general industries including mining, food and beverages, pulp and paper manufacturing, and power generation.
- The growth in the number of COVID-19 cases across the Asia Pacific region and the consequent restrictions imposed on various activities have significantly impacted the industrial pumps market in the region. A decline in the consumption of pumps coupled with the restriction on construction activities hampered the market growth. However, with restrictions easing up, the market is expected to recover in the coming years.
- Moreover, with the increasing rate of industrialization and urbanization, coupled with the growing need of energy, the demand for minerals is expected to rise significantly in the years ahead, which would fuel the adoption of industrial pumps in the Asia Pacific region.
- November 2021 - Atlas Copco announced to complete the acquisition of India-based HHV Pumps. The company is engaged in design and manufacturing of vacuum pumps and systems for applications used across an array of industries, including chemical and pharmaceutical, and electrical power equipment.
Industrial Pumps Industry Overview
The Global industrial pumps market is witnessing a rise in competitiveness among companies. The market consists of various major players, such as Atlas Copco and The Weir Group PLC. However, with increasing technology innovations, many companies are increasing their market presence by securing new contracts and tapping new markets.
- June 2021 - Ingersoll Rand Inc., a global provider of mission-critical flow creation and industrial solutions, has announced the acquisition of a positive displacement pump manufacturer, seepex GmbH, for EUR 431.5 million.
Industrial Pumps Market Leaders
Grundfos Holding AS
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Industrial Pumps Market News
November 2021 - Kirloskar Brothers Limited (KBL), a centrifugal pump manufacturer, has received a double suction concrete volute pumping assembly patent. This patent will help the company offer its Concrete Volute Pumps with reduced submergence leading to reduced excavation costs for the customer.
Industrial Pumps Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porters Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Increasing Focus on Waste Water Management
5.1.2 Strong Industrialization and Rapid Urbanization in Emerging Economies
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 High Cost and Compatibility Issues
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.1 Positive Displacement
18.104.22.168 Progressive Cavity
6.1.2 Centrifugal Pump
22.214.171.124 Axial Flow
126.96.36.199 Radial Flow
188.8.131.52 Mixed Flow
6.2 By End-user Industry
6.2.1 Oil & Gas
6.2.3 Food & Beverage
6.2.4 Water & Wastewater
6.2.6 Metal and Mining
6.2.8 Other End-user Industries
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
184.108.40.206 United States
220.127.116.11 United Kingdom
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
22.214.171.124 Rest of Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
126.96.36.199 Rest of Latin America
6.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
7. VENDOR MARKET SHARE
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.1 Company Profiles
8.1.1 Flowserve Corporation
8.1.2 Grundfos Holding AS
8.1.3 KSB AG
8.1.4 ITT Inc.
8.1.5 Sulzer Ltd
8.1.6 Ebara Corporation
8.1.7 Weir Group PLC
8.1.8 Schlumberger Ltd
8.1.9 Baker Hughes Company
8.1.10 Clyde Union Inc.
8.1.11 Dover Corporation
8.1.12 SPP Pumps Inc.
8.1.13 Wilo Mather & Platt Pumps Pvt. Ltd
8.1.14 Xylem Inc.
8.1.15 General Electric Company
8.1.16 SPX Flow Inc.
8.1.17 Danfoss AS
8.1.18 Ruhrpumpen Group (A Corporacion EG Company)
- *List Not Exhaustive
9. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
10. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Industrial Pumps Market Research FAQs
What is the current Global Industrial Pumps Market size?
The Global Industrial Pumps Market is projected to register a CAGR of 4.70% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Global Industrial Pumps Market?
Flowserve Corporation, Grundfos Holding AS, KSB AG, ITT Inc. and Sulzer Ltd are the major companies operating in the Global Industrial Pumps Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Industrial Pumps Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Industrial Pumps Market?
In 2024, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Global Industrial Pumps Market.
What years does this Global Industrial Pumps Market cover?
The report covers the Global Industrial Pumps Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Global Industrial Pumps Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Industrial Pumps Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Industrial Pumps market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Industrial Pumps analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.