South Africa’s hospital supplies market is poised to reach USD XX million by 2021, growing at a CAGR of XX%. Hospital medical equipment and supplies include various devices, tools, instruments and medical consumables that are used in hospitals and healthcare establishments.
South Africa Hospital Supplies Market-Market Dynamics
The report details several factors driving the market. Some of these are listed below.
- Large population base
- High unmet medical needs
- High incidence rate of inflammatory and communal diseases such as pneumococcal disease and sexually transmitted diseases
- Emerging markets
- Increase in the number of hospitals
- Rapidly increasing aged population
- Increasing awareness about hospital-acquired infections (HAIs)
South Africa’s hospital supplies market can be segmented on the basis of type into patient examination devices, operating room equipment, mobility aids & transportation equipment, sterilization & disinfectant equipment, disposable hospital supplies and syringes & needles. The disposable hospital supplies segment is the largest contributor to the hospital supplies industry, followed by syringes and needles in terms of total revenue.
Some of the latest trends that have been observed in the hospital equipment and supplies market include mergers and acquisitions and geographical expansion.
Some of the major companies dealing in hospital equipment and supplies market are:
- Baxter International
- B Braun
- Johnson & Johnson
- Smith & Nephew
- Stryker Corporation
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for South Africa’s hospital supplies market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Markets Covered
1.3 Research Methodology
2. Executive Summary
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Definition
3.2 Market Drivers
3.3 Market Restraints
3.4 Market Opportunities
3.5 Market Threats
4. Porter’s Five Force Analysis
4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.3 Degree of Competition
4.4 Threat of Substitution
4.5 Threat of New Entrants
5. Market Segmentation
6. Medical Devices Market - By Type
6.1 Hospital Supplies
6.1.1 By Type
220.127.116.11 Patient Examination Devices
18.104.22.168 Operating Room Equipment
22.214.171.124 Mobility Aids & Transportation Equipment
126.96.36.199 Sterilization & Disinfectant Equipment
188.8.131.52 Disposable Hospital Supplies
184.108.40.206 Syringes & Needles
6.1.2 By Geography
220.127.116.11 South Africa
7. Competitive Landscape
7.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
7.2 Agreements, Collaborations & Partnerships
7.3 New Product Launches
7.4 Recommendations to New Market Players
8. Company Profiles
8.1 Baxter International
8.2 B Braun
8.3 Johnson & Johnson
8.5 Smith & Nephew
8.6 Stryker Corporation
LIST OF TABLES
1: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue (USD million) (2016-2021)
2: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue - By Type - Patient Examination Devices (USD million) (2016-2021)
3: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue - By Type - Operating Room Equipment (USD million) (2016-2021)
4: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue - By Type - Mobility Aids & Transportation Equipment (USD million) (2016-2021)
5: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue - By Type - Sterilization & Disinfectant Equipment (USD million) (2016-2021)
6: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue - By Type - Disposable Hospital Supplies (USD million) (2016-2021)
7: South Africa Hospital Supplies Market Revenue - By Type - Syringes & Needles (USD million) (2016-2021)