|Study Period:||2019- 2026|
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The printed signage market is expected to register a CAGR of 0.52% during the forecast period (2021-2026). With the retail industry focusing on expanding and investing considerably in advertising and marketing, the market for printed signage is expected to witness significant demand during the forecast period.
- Printed signage is the most widely used form of signage solution that is majorly employed for marketing and advertisement to attract consumers and expand knowledge regarding the availability of products and features through billboards and backlit displays.
- According to GroupM, advertising spending worldwide will fall to USD 517 billion in 2020, representing a decline of roughly 11.8% compared to the previous year. North America is anticipated to remain the largest regional ad market, closely followed by Asia-Pacific. Western Europe ranks third, with ad spend amounting to less than half of that of North America.
- The advertising industry in China has witnessed exponential development over the past few decades. Foreign brands and advertisements have become commonplace in the lives of the Chinese population today, and Chinese companies have been quick to adopt foreign advertising techniques and practices to create a huge impact in the domestic advertising market. According to GroupM, in 2019, outdoor advertising spending in China was estimated at CNY 53.54 billion.
- New printing technologies and inkjet printing have enabled high-definition and attractive printed signage at lower costs. Inkjet printing has established itself in the visual communication and advertising industries due to its versatility. However, in recent years, interior decorators are increasingly using various printed materials, especially in the hospitality and retail sectors. As the market for inkjet printing is expanding, companies are striving to stay ahead of new trends and provide businesses with the most advanced materials.
- Large format printing creates high-impact visuals, such as banners, posters, signs, announcements, charts, diagrams, and marketing displays. Printed signage is used by a wide range of companies and organizations for day-to-day operations, extensively for marketing and advertising purposes, commonly across the retail locations, showrooms, lobbies, tradeshows, event venues, school campuses, and points of purchase.
- Due to social distancing and self-quarantine, the inability to communicate face-to-face has made it difficult for businesses to broadcast and exchange information effectively. Although this pandemic had an immense impact on the economy, printing companies are supplying the requirement by offering those in need COVID-19-related signage with the help of web-to-print technology.
Scope of the Report
Printed signage is the most widely used form of signage solution that is majorly employed for marketing and advertisement to attract consumers and expand knowledge regarding the availability of products and features through billboards and backlit displays. Large format printing creates high-impact visuals, such as banners, posters, signs, announcements, charts, diagrams, and marketing displays. Printed signage is used by a wide range of companies and organizations for day-to-day operations, extensively for marketing and advertising purposes, commonly across the retail locations, showrooms, lobbies, tradeshows, event venues, school campuses, and points of purchase.
Key Market Trends
BFSI Sector is Expected to Grow at a Significant Rate
- In the BFSI sector, printed signage is usually used in various places, including ATM (banner signs and posters), interior, wall graphics, and a wall projection.
- The banking industry in North America is growing significantly, leading to the growth in the number of ATMs, owing to the increasing population and the need for cash dispensing machines.
- Additionally, the country has a larger tourist population, which increases the need for cash transactions, propelling the demand for ATMs in the region.
- The sector is increasingly using signage solutions to enhance the in-branch customer experience. The strategically located displays can inform customers of new services, help in reducing wait time, and improve the overall perception of the bank.
- However, digital signage has a high penetration rate, owing to its convenience, low-cost material, and high reach, which is likely to negatively affect the market growth in this industry over the forecast period. Indoor digital signage draws over 400% of more views than static displays and increases engagement, as per the Embed Signage ( an Information Technology and Services company).
- Earlier, banking buildings had printed signage for various actions, such as direction, counter, and parking.
- However, the companies are highly investing an enormous amount of money in digital signage, which is expected to affect the printed signage market on a negative note in North America.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to Hold a Significant Market Share
- Changes in the strategies and structure of the retail industry will directly affect the market demand for printed signage. The growing competition for brick-and-mortar stores from online retailers resulted in the traditional retail model changing to compete in the new shopping landscape.
- Additionally, consumers feel more confident and spend more on goods and services, boosting the demand for promotional signage as brand owners and retailers compete for a boom in sales.
- Innovations are becoming the key to market penetration. According to the NRF (National Retail Federation), the total retail sales in the United States amounted to USD 3.79 trillion in 2019, up from around USD 3.66 trillion. Additionally, the retail sales in the country are expected to increase by 3.1% Y-o-Y during the forecast period.
- The restaurant industry in the United States is also a prominent contributor to the printed signage market’s growth. According to the national restaurant association, there are currently more than one million restaurants in the country with 14.7 million employees – one in every ten working Americans (which is expected to reach 16.3 million employees by 2027) and contributes approximately 4% to the US GDP.
- However, competition from digital signage might challenge the market’s growth. Digital signage also gives flexibility to the retailers enhancing customer engagement with the brand. Digital signage also captures more views than printed signage. The ability to change the content and schedule or arrange advertisements based on the client’s requirement are the factors leading to the slowdown of the market studied.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The printed signage market is highly competitive, and it consists of several major players. In terms of market share, few of the players currently dominate the market. With the rising demand for printing and technological advancement across the emerging economies, many companies are increasing their market presence, thereby expanding their business footprint across the new markets.
- April 2021- ColorJet announced the launch of its digital signage printer, Soniq i, which can be used for indoor and outdoor signage applications. It is a low-investment, value for money signage printer capable of versatile printing at high speed, thereby maximizing the business potential of the print service provider.
- December 2020- OKI Europe announced the launch of an on-demand signage solution, The Design Hub, for creating visual communications and marketing collateral in-house, on-demand. The Design Hub allows businesses to produce, print, and place professional quality signage in minutes, offering a fast, cost-effective alternative to using third-party creative and print suppliers.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Introduction to Market Drivers and Restraints
4.3 Market Drivers
4.3.1 Cost-effectiveness of Printed Signage
4.3.2 Inclination of the Retail Industry Toward the Application of Printed Signage
4.4 Market Restraints
4.4.1 High Competition from the Digital Signage Segment
4.5 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.6 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.6.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.6.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.6.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.6.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.6.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.7 Impact of the COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 North America
184.108.40.206 Product Type
220.127.116.11.2 PoP Displays
18.104.22.168.3 Backlit Displays
22.214.171.124.5 Banners, Flags, and Backdrops
126.96.36.199.6 Vehicle/Fleet Graphics
188.8.131.52.7 Corporate Graphics, Exhibitions, and Trade Shows
184.108.40.206.8 Building Wraps/Other Graphics
220.127.116.11.9 Other Products
18.104.22.168.3 Transportation and Logistics
22.214.171.124.5 Sports and Entertainment
126.96.36.199.6 Other End-Users
188.8.131.52.1 United States
184.108.40.206 Product Type
220.127.116.11.2 PoP Displays
18.104.22.168.3 Backlit Displays
22.214.171.124.5 Banners, Flags, and Backdrops
126.96.36.199.6 Vehicle/Fleet Graphics
188.8.131.52.7 Corporate Graphics, Exhibitions, and Trade Shows
184.108.40.206.8 Building Wraps/Other Graphics
220.127.116.11.9 Other Products
18.104.22.168.3 Transportation and Logistics
22.214.171.124.5 Sports and Entertainment
126.96.36.199.6 Other End-Users
188.8.131.52.1 United Kingdom
184.108.40.206.6 Rest of Europe
5.1.3 Asia Pacific
220.127.116.11 Product Type
18.104.22.168.2 PoP Displays
22.214.171.124.3 Backlit Displays
126.96.36.199.5 Banners, Flags, and Backdrops
188.8.131.52.6 Vehicle/Fleet Graphics
184.108.40.206.7 Corporate Graphics, Exhibitions, and Trade Shows
220.127.116.11.8 Building Wraps/Other Graphics
18.104.22.168.9 Other Products
22.214.171.124.3 Transportation and Logistics
126.96.36.199.5 Sports and Entertainment
188.8.131.52.6 Other End Users
184.108.40.206.4 South Korea
220.127.116.11.5 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.1.4 Latin America
18.104.22.168.3 Rest of Latin America
5.1.5 Middle East and Africa
22.214.171.124.1 United Arab Emirates
126.96.36.199.2 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52.3 Rest of Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 Avery Dennison Corporation
6.1.2 Sabre Digital Creative
6.1.3 IGEPA group GmbH & Co. KG
6.1.4 Orafol Europe GmbH
6.1.5 Identity Holdings Ltd
6.1.6 Lintec Europe BV
6.1.7 3A Composites Holding AG
6.1.8 Signs Express
6.1.9 EhKo Sign Industries Kft.
6.1.10 Mactac LLLC (Lintec)
6.1.11 Kelly Signs and Graphics
6.1.12 L&H Sign Company Inc.
7. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Printed Signage Market market is studied from 2019 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Printed Signage Market?
The Printed Signage Market is growing at a CAGR of 0.52% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Printed Signage Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Printed Signage Market?
North America holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Printed Signage Market?
Avery Dennison Corporation, Kelly Signs Inc., Spandex Ltd., IGEPA group GmbH & Co. KG, Orafol Europe GmbH are the major companies operating in Printed Signage Market.