Portugal Facility Management Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 2.50 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Portugal Facility Management Market Analysis
The Portugal facility management market is expected to register a CAGR above 2.5% over the forecast period 2022 to 2027. Facility Management is creating an environment that makes more accessible and more effective the realization of the organization's core business through the management of facilities and support services, operation and maintenance services, all of that provide an integrated vision of the infrastructure, services, and people.
- The growing focus of organizations on maximizing their assets, improving customer relations, redefining their workspaces to be more pleasing and productive, and decreasing their carbon footprint adding the growth in the facility management market.
- In November 2021, the government of Portugal announced an investment program to fund Portuguese startups with an additional Euro 250 million for the expansion of the tech industry in the country. This is likely to propel the demand for facility services in the country in the near future.
- The companies are setting up their offshore offices to empower their business with new talent resources in Portugal. For instance, in April 2022, Ascendix, a US-based custom development company empowering businesses with its services, including cloud migration, cross-platform app development, and system integration, launched its second offshore office in the country. Such expansions by companies in the country provide opportunities for facility services providers in the country. The facility management market in the country is shifting towards resource-indexed contracts to a joint value creation model. The service provider and the customer are making partnerships to find better ways to improve conditions in their business spaces and environments while managing better and with fewer resources.
- COVID-19 had a mixed impact on the market due to reduced business operation in the country. This leads to a reduction in the demand for facility services by the companies. Also, the different facility services faced a new set of challenges. However, post covid, facility management services are increasing for workplace management services in organizations such as cleaning, disinfecting, and others.
Portugal Facility Management Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Portugal Facility Management Market according to our research experts:
Soft Facility Management Services is Expected to Witness Significant Growth
- Soft facility management services include Landscaping, Cleaning, Catering, Admin Support & Reception, and Others. Owing to the demand for a hygiene environment post-pandemic and workspace management with the reopening of commercial businesses, soft facility management services are gaining momentum in the country.
- The growth is predicted to come as a result of the rising pace in new business formation and expansion activity as well as new end-user markets, which would spur a cyclical rebound in commercial building construction.
- Health care, education, and other private facilities are expected to provide the best growth opportunities for soft facility services such as cleaning and admin support. However, office buildings will continue to comprise the most significant commercial cleaning segment.
- One of the defining trends in the commercial and industrial cleaning industry is being driven by concern over health. Cleaning companies are increasingly more focused on cleaning to create healthier indoor environments.
- Furthermore, the sustainable cleaning trend, new cleaning technologies and automation systems, and the introduction of specialty cleaning services help facility management service providers differentiate their company while saving money by reducing time and resources with quality service.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Commercial End User is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The commercial end-user covers office buildings constructed or occupied by business services, such as corporate offices of IT and communication and other service providers. As commercial investments suggest higher cash flow potential and often provide better returns on investment, the commercial buildings segment offers lucrative opportunities, making them an attractive form of investment in the region, consequently boosting the Facility Management Market's growth during the forecast period in the country.
- According to Athena Advisors, the international investors are attracted mainly to office sales representing 37% of all commercial property transactions in Lisbon in 2021. Though the Covid caused some uncertainty within the office sector with many businesses adopting home working during the pandemic till mid-2021, the demand for office space began to rise, mainly due to companies relocating, and it is expected that 2022 will see even more office space purchased in Lisbon.
- Furthermore, with limited supply and huge demand from blue-chip corporates and tech start-ups looking to establish a presence in Portugal, especially in Lisbon. Such investments in the commercial office are likely to demand the provision of necessary fitments and interiors and commercial buildings, thereby driving the market in the country's commercial sector. Also, Building Information Modelling is revolutionizing facility management and opening new doors for key players in the country.
- The expansion activities in the country are witnessing the demand for various facility management solutions. For instance, In December 2020, The Webhelp Group announced the opening of two new offices in Portugal, namely in the cities of Lisbon and Braga, which will result in the creation of 500 new jobs. The development of these multilingual hubs allows the group to increase its production capacity in Portugal to meet the needs of international clients.
Portugal Facility Management Industry Overview
December 2021 - Porto-based Infraspeak received Euro 10 million funding for its pioneering intelligence platform for maintenance and facility management by Indico Capital and Knight Capital and joined by existing investors Innovation Nest and Caixa Capital.
Portugal Facility Management Market Leaders
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Portugal Facility Management Market News
- December 2021 - Porto-based Infraspeak received Euro 10 million funding for its pioneering intelligence platform for maintenance and facility management by Indico Capital and Knight Capital and joined by existing investors Innovation Nest and Caixa Capital.
Portugal Facility Management Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growth of Smart and Sustainable Buildings
5.1.2 Growing Demand for Energy Management
5.2 Market Challenges/Restraints
5.2.1 Integration of Technology in Cost Efficient Way
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Facility Management
6.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
184.108.40.206 Single FM
220.127.116.11 Bundled FM
18.104.22.168 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering Type
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
6.3.5 Others End Users
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.2 Apleona GmbH
7.1.3 TDGI SA
7.1.6 Samsic Portugal
7.1.7 Interlimpe Facility Services SA
7.1.8 ISS Facility Services
7.1.9 PLM Facility Management
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Portugal Facility Management Market Research FAQs
What is the current Portugal Facility Management Market size?
The Portugal Facility Management Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 2.5% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Portugal Facility Management Market?
Infraspeak, Apleona GmbH, TDGI SA, BMG-Services and NextBITT are the major companies operating in the Portugal Facility Management Market.
Portugal Facility Management Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 portugal facility management market market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. portugal facility management market analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.