Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market Size
|CAGR:||> 6.76 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market Analysis
The size of the Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) market is USD 2.79 billion in the current year and is anticipated to register a CAGR of over 6.76% during the forecast period.
- COVID-19 has impacted all Polish sectors except the CEP segment in the e-commerce sector. When lockdowns eased in 2021, the CEP market grew strongly across all sectors. The market is primarily driven by the growing e-commerce industry in the country and the cross-border deliveries across the European Union. The Polish business market consists of more than 20,000 online stores that belong to various industries and offers home deliveries across Poland and the majority of locations across the region.
- The CEP sector is one of the fastest-growing service industries in Poland right now, largely because of the rising trend of logistics outsourcing, changes in the retail sales structure (particularly the growth of e-commerce), the demand for faster delivery times, and the need to reduce stocks.
- The majority of European CEP operators and all major global corporations are present in the Polish market. In Poland, CEP entities also include the national postal service, which has enhanced its competitiveness in the market over the past few years. Some businesses with Polish roots provide services outside of Poland. Local service brokers and couriers are also prevalent.
- The same-day deliveries have helped the market expand exponentially, primarily led by the deliveries of clothing, books, small consumer electronics, footwear, cosmetics, etc. The growing e-commerce industry is driving the express delivery market due to the rising demand from the B2C business segment.
- The way CEP operators think and behave has evolved and is continuing to change as a result of e-commerce. E-commerce has influenced the development of service features such as afternoon or evening deliveries, specialised IT tools to support Interactive Delivery Management, or IDM, and specialised product offerings such as pre-paid services and "out of house" delivery.
- The large middle class and young population group in Poland are anticipated to drive the demand for quick deliveries, focusing more on perishable goods that require express delivery. The pricing strategies of the key players are projected to drive the market with an increasing number of small players entering the market.
- The domestic players are also focusing on mergers and partnerships with other players to expand their customer base and total addressable market.
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Industry Segmentation
The CEP market covers the services offered by the logistics service providers related to courier, express, and parcel delivery.
The report offers a complete background analysis of the courier, express, and parcel (CEP) market, including market overview, market size estimation for key segments, emerging trends by segment, and market dynamics. The report also offers a qualitative and quantitative assessment by analyzing data gathered from industry analysts and market participants across key points in the industry’s value chain.
Poland's Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market is Segmented by Business (B2B and B2C), Destination (Domestic and International), and End User (Services, Wholesale and Retail Trade, Manufacturing, Construction and Utilities, and Primary Industries). The report offers market size and forecasts in value (USD billion) for all the above segments.
|By End User|
|Services (BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance))|
|Wholesale and Retail Trade (E-commerce)|
|Manufacturing, Construction, and Utilities|
|Primary Industries (Agriculture and Other Natural Resources)|
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market according to our research experts:
Growing Express Delivery Segment is Driving the Market's Growth
The highly secure and efficient delivery processes witnessed significant growth in the Polish CEP market and held a major market share despite the high cost of express logistics than the standard deliveries.
The rising number of players operating in the market over the years and consumer preference for fast delivery positively impacted the market. Healthy competition in the market has led to high penetration of diversified services with the introduction of better services. Though there was a significant fall in the number of letters posted through express delivery, the number of couriers and parcels sent through express delivery has increased substantially.
The main express logistics in the country are handled by the country's major airports, including Warsaw, Krakow, Gdansk, and Poznan. One of Europe's biggest cargo terminals is located in Warsaw.
Some online retailers use Poland as their hub for delivering goods to the Baltic and surrounding Eastern European nations. The process is quicker and more effective when air freight is used to deliver goods to these nations.
Due to cheaper ground logistics costs, ground express in the country saw a lower revenue market share than air express. Ground express is employed by express logistics providers when a package can be delivered to a location by the appointed time.
The country's express logistics industry has primarily benefited from the international courier. Express delivery for international shipments has become more popular in the nation due to the development of a well-planned road infrastructure and air transportation network and solid connectivity with European, North American, and Asian countries through road and air routes. On the other hand, the country's high internet penetration rate and the e-commerce sector's expansion have boosted the domestic express delivery services market.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Domestic Deliveries Anticipated to Hold More Market Share
Domestic courier services contributed a major share of the total market revenues during the study period. They are anticipated to continue this trend during the forecast period. The well-developed road and air infrastructure boosted the growth of the market segment. The increased demand for express and one-day deliveries also boosted the domestic segment of the market.
Efficient tracking solutions offered by the market players have ensured package safety and helped gain customer confidence. The high internet penetration rate and the growing awareness about various products may help the international and domestic segments increase their market revenues.
In 2021, domestic meat deliveries (including hog, beef, veal, and poultry meat) totaled 4348 thousand ton, up by 3.7% from the previous year. Both chicken meat and raw meat from animals for slaughter saw an increase in delivery, 1.3% and 5.4%, respectively.
Deliveries of frozen sea fish, chocolate (including white chocolate and chocolate goods), vodkas, liqueurs, and other spirit drinks, including pure vodka, increased significantly in 2021 compared to the previous year. Raw meat from animals for slaughter, meat and various meat products from animals for slaughter, and wine and mead, including grape wine, also saw a considerable rise in deliveries during the same period. However, deliveries of different meat products from chicken, margarine, reduced-fat spreads, and rye flour were significantly lower in 2021 than in 2020.
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Industry Overview
Poland’s courier, express, and parcel (CEP) market is relatively consolidated, with the top three companies occupying a major market share. With the growing demand for CEP services in the country, companies are becoming more competitive to capture this huge opportunity.
The international players are making strategic investments to establish a regional logistics network, such as opening new distribution centers, smart warehouses, etc. Local companies are facing high competition with multinational companies with comparatively well-developed infrastructure.
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market Leaders
Polish Post (Poczta Polska)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market News
- July 2022: Worldline, the industry's top supplier of electronic payment solutions, partnered with Happy Pack, a company that develops and produces software for the autonomous delivery and pickup of courier packages. As part of the collaboration, Worldline will provide its cutting-edge SoftPos payment terminals to parcel pickup and delivery locations.
- February 2022: Bringg, the leading data-led delivery and fulfillment cloud platform provider, announced the acquisition of Zenkraft, Salesforce's leading parcel and return delivery solution The combination of these services will help Bringg's unified, open, and connected delivery network and Zenkraft's parcel and return delivery to support a wide range of delivery models.
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Deliverables
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS AND INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Dynamics
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.2.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Value Chain/Supply Chain Analysis
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the CEP Market
5. MARKET INSIGHTS
5.1 Current Market Scenario
5.2 Government Regulations and Initiatives
5.3 Technological Trends and Automation in CEP Industry
5.4 Insights on the E-commerce Industry (Domestic and Cross-border E-commerce)
5.5 Insights on Startups and Venture Capital Funding in CEP Industry
5.6 Brief on Courier Rates
5.7 Elaboration on Storage Functions and Value-added Services in CEP Business
5.8 Insights on Reverse Logistics and Same-day Delivery Market
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Business
6.1.1 B2B (Business-to-Business)
6.1.2 B2C (Business-to-Consumer)
6.2 By Destination
6.3 By End User
6.3.1 Services (BFSI (Banking, Financial Services, and Insurance))
6.3.2 Wholesale and Retail Trade (E-commerce)
6.3.3 Manufacturing, Construction, and Utilities
6.3.4 Primary Industries (Agriculture and Other Natural Resources)
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
7.1 Overview (Market Concentration and Major Players)
7.2 Company Profiles
7.2.2 DPD Group
7.2.3 Polish Post (Poczta Polska)
7.2.6 General Logistics Systems BV (GLS)
7.2.9 Other Companies*
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Poland Courier, Express, & Parcel (CEP) Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market?
The Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market is growing at a CAGR of >6.76% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market?
DHL, DPDgroup, Polish Post (Poczta Polska), FedEx, UPS are the major companies operating in Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Market.
Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Poland Courier, Express, and Parcel (CEP) analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.