|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
The Poland Automotive Engine Oils Market is at 101.84 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.21% to reach 119.26 million liters in 2026. Economic and social disruptions caused by the pandemic have directly impacted the demand for engine oils. In 2020, engine oil consumption dropped drastically by over 15% due to a decrease in transportation and automotive maintenance activities in the country.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : The highest proportion of active passenger vehicle population in Poland resulted in the highest engine oil consumption level in the country's passenger vehicles sector.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : In Poland, the expected recovery in the production and sales of commercial vehicles since 2021 is likely to boost engine oil consumption levels during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Passenger Vehicles
- In Poland, automotive engine oil consumption rose at a CAGR of 4.33% during 2015-2019, owing to the growing population of passenger and commercial vehicles. However, their growth rate has been decreasing since 2016 due to emerging engine technologies and declining average volumes of engine oils used in motor vehicles.
- The demand for engine oils was directly affected by the economic and social disruptions caused by the pandemic. In 2020, the consumption of engine oils dropped drastically by 13.84% due to a decrease in transportation and automotive maintenance activities in the country.
- The consumption of engine oils is expected to increase at a CAGR of 3.21% during 2021-2026. The implementation of a tight scrappage policy in the country is one of the driving factors that can increase vehicle population and increase the consumption of engine oils.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Poland Automotive Engine Oils Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 82.57%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), FUCHS, LOTOS OIL, PKN ORLEN (ORLEN oil) and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerships with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- May 2021: The PKN (Polski Koncern Naftowy) Orlen proposed the acquisition of Lotos, a Polish integrated oil and gas company. Both companies operate in various Central and Eastern European (CEE) countries and the Baltic states, offering a wide range of products.
- April 2021: FUCHS Lubricants unveiled TITAN GT1 FLEX C23 SAE 5W-30, a new high-performance engine oil for use in passenger cars and vans.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.4 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.5 LOTOS OIL
5.3.6 Modex Oil
5.3.8 PKN ORLEN (ORLEN oil)
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, POLAND, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, POLAND, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, POLAND, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, POLAND, 2015 - 2026
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
POLAND AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms