Oil And Gas Drone Services Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 25.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Oil And Gas Drone Services Market Analysis
The global oil and gas drone services market is anticipated to record a CAGR of more than 25% over the forecast period.
- The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Presently the market has now reached pre-pandemic levels. Over the medium term, the introduction and integration of artificial intelligence (AI) with drones, coupled with the development of methane gas detection and thermal imaging, has been the driving factor leading to the increasing adoption of drones by oil and gas operators, and it is expected to propel the market during the forecast period.
- On the other hand, technological limitations such as low speed, shorter flight time, vulnerability to hackers, and susceptibility to weather are restraining the market growth. Nevertheless, the demand for oil and gas infrastructure, such as pipelines and refineries, is expected to increase due to the soaring energy demand, thus generating more significant business opportunities for the oil and gas drone service providers.
- North America is expected to be the primary oil and gas drone services market during the forecast period. It is projected to be the largest market in revenue in the near future due to the increasing adoption of drones across all three sectors, including upstream, midstream, and downstream. Furthermore, intensifying offshore oil and gas activities across the region are expected to drive the market's growth during the forecast period.
Oil And Gas Drone Services Market Trends
Drones’ Integration with Artificial Intelligence (AI) Expected to Drive the Market
- In the recent past, drones were required to carry out operations within the site. The use of drones by oil and gas operators has been significantly influenced by the integration of artificial intelligence (AI) with drones and the development of thermal imaging and methane gas detection. With this advancement, drone coverage has become more widespread than just covering visible areas because they can fly beyond lines of sight (BVLS).
- However, the development of AI now enables drones to hover beyond the line of sight. The integration of AI has helped drones fly beyond the visual line-of-sight (BVLS) and gather much more data without any human effort. The data collected is proven to be more accurate and can help the oil and gas operator prevent mishaps or leakage during the operation.
- Modern drones are faster and smarter in processing enormous amounts of data from assets. As the AI improves, these drones may independently decide on further action through their AI capabilities.
- In 2021, global oil production amounted to 89.9 million barrels per day. The level of oil production reached an all-time high in 2019, at nearly 95 million barrels. However, the coronavirus pandemic and its impact on transportation fuel demand led to a notable decline in the following year. The increasing oil production is expected to drive the oil and gas drone service market.
- In addition, oil and gas companies use artificial intelligence (AI) to drill and mine the unprocessed hydrocarbons and other goods needed to make gasoline. AI aids in the creation of algorithms that deliver precise and accurate intelligence to direct drills on both lands and the sea. Precision drilling increases the penetration rate while lowering the danger of mishaps, fires, and oil spills.
- Further, the AI-integrated sensor can now easily move inside the closed building and is not prone to collisions with walls without the help of any human controlling it. As these technologies keep improving, the application for these drones will increase, which is expected to drive the market.
- Hence, based on the above-mentioned factors, Drones’ Integration with Artificial Intelligence (AI) is likely to drive the market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Dominate the Market
- North America was the major market for drone services and is expected to hold the largest market share during the forecast period. The United States dominates North America, and the increase in offshore oil and gas activities in the region is expected to drive the market's growth during the forecast period.
- The recent discoveries in the Gulf of Mexico deepwater are expected to increase the exploration activities at the deepwater and ultra-deepwater sites, while the reserves in the shallow water are expected to decline over the period. This, in turn, is expected to boost the demand for oil and gas drone services for deepwater activities in the United States.
- The two separate recent drilling programs, by Shell Canada and BP Canada, are complete and show no evidence of commercial discoveries. As a result, it can be concluded that the oil and gas drone services market in Canada is likely to decline, with an expected decrease in oil and gas exploration activities, provided the 12 active exploration licenses are not renewed shortly. Moreover, decommissioning of the Sable Offshore Energy and Deep Panuke projects is underway. The lack of sufficient market access, the increasing burden of regulatory uncertainty, and the decommissioning of the two projects mentioned above are likely to reduce the competitiveness of the Canadian offshore oil and gas industry in the coming years, thereby affecting the demand for oil and gas drone services.
- Moreover, there are more than 900,000 oil & gas well pads and upwards of 500,000 miles of pipeline in the United States, all of which requires regular inspection and monitoring. American Robotics anticipates a global TAM value of USD 22 billion for the oil and gas sector drone-in-a-box market. Thus, creating demand for oil and gas drone services in the forecast period.
- Therefore, the increasing investment in the country’s upstream sector by foreign companies and the increase in oil and gas exploration activities are expected to drive the demand for the region's oil and gas drone services market.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Oil And Gas Drone Services Industry Overview
The oil and gas drone service market is moderately fragmented. Some of the major players in the market (in no particular order) include Terra Drones, Airobotics Ltd, PrecisionHawk, and Cyberhawk Innovations Limited.
Oil And Gas Drone Services Market Leaders
Cyberhawk Innovations Limited
Terra Drone Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Oil And Gas Drone Services Market News
July 2022: American Robotics announced the addition of new capabilities to its autonomous Scout System drone to allow visual inspections of oil and gas facilities to be carried out autonomously. The high-resolution RGB and thermal camera payloads will enable routine, high-value inspections of upstream and midstream oil and gas assets.
October 2022: Volatus, in a strategic partnership with Synergy, is set to gain immediate access to the thriving oil and gas industry in Western Canada. This collaboration will significantly expand Volatus' portfolio of cutting-edge drone hardware, comprehensive services, and specialized pilot training programs. Volatus noted the deal is based on an arms-length agreement, meaning both companies are acting in their respective yet overlapping interests to strengthen their businesses by coming together.
Oil & Gas Drone Services Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2028
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 North America
5.1.4 South America
5.1.5 Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.2 Airobotics Ltd
6.3.3 Cyberhawk Innovations Limited
6.3.4 Sky-Futures Limited
6.3.5 Phoenix LiDAR Systems
6.3.6 Viper Drones
6.3.7 SkyX Systems Corp.
6.3.8 Terra Drone Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Oil & Gas Drone Services Market Research FAQs
What is the current Oil And Gas Drone Services Market size?
The Oil And Gas Drone Services Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 25% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Oil And Gas Drone Services Market?
Precisionhawk, Sky-Futures Limited, Cyberhawk Innovations Limited, Terra Drone Corporation and Airobotics Ltd are the major companies operating in the Oil And Gas Drone Services Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Oil And Gas Drone Services Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Oil And Gas Drone Services Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Oil And Gas Drone Services Market.
Oil And Gas Drone Services Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Oil And Gas Drone Services market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Oil And Gas Drone Services analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028) and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.