North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market Analysis
The North American offshore helicopter services market is estimated to be at USD 680.12 million by the end of this year and is projected to reach USD 808.29 million in the next five years, registering a CAGR of over 3.51% during the forecast period.
- Over the medium term, factors such as rising deep-water offshore development activity and the improved viability of offshore oil and gas projects are expected to be major drivers of the market.
- On the other hand, the growth of the market was slowed by competition from crew transfer ships that were less expensive.
- Nevertheless, the explosive growth of the new North American offshore wind market is likely to give the market a big chance to grow after the forecast period is over.
- The United States is expected to dominate the market due to rising offshore oil and gas exploration and production.
North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market Trends
Offshore wind to be the fastest-growing segment
- The offshore wind sector is beginning to take off in North America, and the segment is expected to grow massively during the forecast period. Several big wind farms are being built in the area, which is expected to increase the need for offshore helicopter services by a lot over the next few years. In the United States, the total offshore wind installed capacity increased from 29 MW in 2015 to 41 MW at the end of 2022.
- According to the United States Department of Energy, by May 2022, the United States offshore wind energy project development and operational pipeline were projected to grow to a potential generating capacity of 40,083 megawatts (MW). Since 2021, the 40,083 MW of offshore wind energy planned for the U.S. has grown by 13.5%.
- The U.S. offshore wind energy market is still driven by the activities and policies of the states when it comes to buying offshore wind energy. Policies in eight states about offshore wind energy call for at least 39,322 MW of offshore wind energy capacity to be built by 2040.
- In October 2021, BOEM announced its "Offshore Wind Leasing Path Forward 2021-2025," calling for plans to hold up to seven new offshore WEA lease auctions by 2025, including the New York Bight, Carolina Long Bay, the Central Atlantic, the Gulf of Maine, California, Oregon, and the Gulf of Mexico (U.S. Department of the Interior 2021). The new lease areas will make a big difference in the number of viable offshore wind energy sites in the United States. They will also expand the number of regions where offshore wind energy can be used beyond the North Atlantic and mid-Atlantic. The first commercial lease opportunities for floating offshore wind projects will also make it possible to expand the types of technologies that can be used.
- The offshore wind market in the region is expected to grow quickly because of these changes, which will increase the need for offshore helicopter services in this sector during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The United States to Dominate the Market
- The United States dominated the offshore helicopter market in 2022 in the region and is expected to continue its dominance during the forecast period. The country has been very active in offshore exploration in recent years, and the government developed various favorable policies to help oil and gas companies develop offshore prospects.
- In 2022, offshore oil and natural gas production in the Federal Gulf of Mexico accounted for about 14.66% of total U.S. crude oil production and about 2% of total U.S. dry natural gas production.
- In order to maintain offshore production, the exploration and development activity is moving toward deeper waters, where oil and gas reserves have not been exploited. This trend is expected to drive the demand for medium and heavy helicopters, while the demand for small helicopters for the oil and gas industry is expected to decline during the forecast period.
- Additionally, the growth of the offshore wind sector is another factor driving the market during the forecast period. As of May 31, 2022, 24 power purchase agreements1 for offshore wind energy procurement were signed in the United States, adding up to 17,597 MW in offshore wind energy contracts.
- Therefore, the rising offshore oil and gas development and an increasing number of offshore wind farms in the country are expected to help grow the offshore helicopter market in the country.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Offshore Helicopter Services Industry Overview
The North American offshore helicopter services market is moderately consolidated. Some of the major companies (in no particular order) include Bristow Group Inc., Era Group Inc. (ERA), Cougar Helicopters Inc., CHC Group Ltd, and Textron Inc., among others.
North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market Leaders
Bristow Group Inc.
Era Group Inc. (ERA)-
Cougar Helicopters Inc.
CHC Group Ltd.
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market News
- November 2022: A business unit of Pratt & Whitney, Pratt & Whitney Canada, announced the acquisition of Shenzhen-based CITIC Offshore Helicopter Co., Ltd. The COHC has expanded the scope of its designated maintenance services to include line maintenance services and mobile repair team support for the PW206B2 and PW206B3 engines used in the H135B2/B3 helicopters, as well as the PW206C engines used in the Leonardo AW109 helicopters.
- April 2022: Orsted and Eversource signed a contract for helicopter-enabled crew change operations for their South Fork , Revolution and Sunrise wind projects with German helicopter service provider HeliService International.
North America Offshore Helicopters Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of the Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
3. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD billion, until 2028
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
184.108.40.206 Rising Deep-Water Offshore Development Activity
220.127.116.11 Improved Viability of Offshore Oil and Gas Projects
18.104.22.168 Competition from Crew Transfer Ships
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.7.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.7.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.7.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.7.4 Threat of Substitutes Products and Services
4.7.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Light Helicopters
5.1.2 Medium and Heavy Helicopters
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Oil and Gas Industry
5.2.2 Offshore Wind Industry
5.2.3 Other End-user Industries
5.3.2 Relocation and Decommissioning
5.4.1 United States
5.4.3 Rest of North America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Service Providers
22.214.171.124 Bristow Group Inc.
126.96.36.199 Era Group Inc. (ERA)
188.8.131.52 CHC Group Ltd
184.108.40.206 Cougar Helicopters Inc.
6.3.2 Helicopter Manufacturers
220.127.116.11 Airbus SE
18.104.22.168 Leonardo SpA
22.214.171.124 Textron Inc.
126.96.36.199 Lockheed Martin Corporation
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 The Explosive Growth of the New North American Offshore Wind Market
North America Offshore Helicopters Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market?
The North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market is growing at a CAGR of 3.51% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market?
Bristow Group Inc. , Era Group Inc. (ERA)- , Cougar Helicopters Inc., CHC Group Ltd. , Textron Inc. are the major companies operating in North America Offshore Helicopter Services Market.
North America Offshore Helicopter Services Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 North America Offshore Helicopter Services market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. North America Offshore Helicopter Services analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.