North America Metal Finishing Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 6 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
North America Metal Finishing Market Analysis
The North America metal finishing market is estimated to witness a significant growth, at an estimated CAGR of over 6%, over the forecast period. Increasing requirement for durable, wear-resistant, and long-lasting metal products are expected to drive the market during the forecast period.
- Environmental restrictions on some chemicals and increasing replacement of metal by plastics are likely to hinder the market’s growth.
- Shift from traditional solvent-borne technologies to newer technologies are likely to create opportunities for the market growth in the coming years.
- United States is expected to dominate the market and is also expected to witness the fastest CAGR during the forecast period.
North America Metal Finishing Industry Segments
The North America metal finishing market report is segmented by type, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into Inorganic Metal Finishing, Organic Metal Finishing, and Hybrid Metal Finishing. By application, the market is segmented into Automotive, Appliances, Hardware, Jewelry, Aerospace, Heavy Equipment, Medical Devices, Electronics, Construction, and Other Applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the North America metal finishing market in 3 countries. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD million).
|Organic Metal Finishing|
|Hybrid Metal Finishing|
|Rest of North America|
North America Metal Finishing Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Metal Finishing Market according to our research experts:
Automotive Segment to Dominate the Market
- Coatings are applied to various automotive components, majorly to provide aesthetics, corrosion resistance, wear resistance, and lubricity and smooth finish. They also increase the life span or durability of the metal component.
- Metal finishing is one of the prominent methods to provide a protective layer on metal automotive components; it involves applying one or more thin coats of a metal, such as gold, copper, silver, chromium or nickel, to a substrate.
- Automobile manufacturers are always in search of better technologies to protect their products from the relentless forces of corrosion. Vehicles are constantly exposed to the moisture from rain and snow, which can cause the premature demise of metal car parts. Metal finishing comprises the application of a metal coating via inorganic metal finishing, such as electroplating. This prevents automobiles from both red and white rust from reaching the underlying metal surface.
- Metal finishing also includes the application of paints or ceramics. Numerous small and large parts of the automobile require their contact surfaces to be smooth, stress relieved, and without burrs or defects. This enables the automotive engines to achieve a surface with less friction and heat, leading to generation of more horsepower and an overall better performance.
- The market, however, has potential for growth in the long term with the emergence of more technologically developed cars. If such a thing happens, the market for metal finishing will benefit from it.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to Dominate the Market
- In the North America region, United States dominated the metal finishing market. United States is one of the fastest emerging economies and has become one of the biggest production houses in the world, today. The country’s manufacturing sector is one of the major contributors to the country’s economy.
- According to the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA), the total commercial aircraft fleet is expected to reach 8,270 in 2037, owing to the growth in air cargo. Also, the US mainliner carrier fleet is expected to grow at a rate of 54 aircrafts per year due to the existing fleet getting older. Strong exports of aerospace components to countries, such as France, China, and Germany, along with robust consumer spending in the United States are driving the manufacturing activities in the aerospace industry.
- Various automotive manufacturers are planning to invest during the coming years, amid threats from the government to increase levies on auto imports from Mexico. This factor is expected to positively impact the automotive industry in the country in the coming years, thereby increasing the consumption of metal finishing in the automotive industry through the forecast period.
- The growth in the United States residential sector is slower than the growth in the non-residential sector. The growing population is expected to boost the demand for housing in the country. Furthermore, about 20 million households are projected to be constructed over the next decade. The United States commercial construction sector is expected to witness a higher growth rate, in the next few years.
- With the rising growing demand from various end-user industries, the market for metal finishing is expected to grow during the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Metal Finishing Market Competitor Analysis
The North America metal finishing market is fragmented as the top five players in the market contributed less share. Key players in the market include C. Uyemura & Co. Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Linde plc, OC Oerlikon Management AG, and Sequa (The Carlyle Group), among others.
North America Metal Finishing Market Top Players
C. Uyemura & Co. Ltd
Honeywell International Inc.
OC Oerlikon Management AG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Metal Finishing Market Recent Developments
- In May 2019, Guyson corporation has announced the availability of a new metal finishing technology called Multiblast 3D. This is a blasting chamber tailored to post-process 3D printed parts for HP Jet Fusion 500/300 Series 3D printers.
- In May 2019, OTEC Precision Finish Inc. has developed a new surface finishing process for aero engine turbine and compressor blades. This method is called stream-finishing process in which OTEC Precision Finish Inc. in which the blades are clamped and lowered.
North America Metal Finishing Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Increasing Requirement for Durable, Wear-resistant, and Long-lasting Metal Products
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Environmental Restrictions on Some Chemicals
4.2.2 Increasing Replacement of Metal by Plastics
4.2.3 Impact of COVID-19 Pandemic
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Inorganic Metal Finishing
18.104.22.168 Pretreatment/Surface Preparation
22.214.171.124 Consumables and Spares
126.96.36.199 Electro Less Plating
188.8.131.52 Conversion Coatings
184.108.40.206 Electro Polishing
5.1.2 Organic Metal Finishing
5.1.3 Hybrid Metal Finishing
5.2.6 Heavy Equipment
5.2.7 Medical Devices
5.2.10 Other Applications
5.3.1 United States
5.3.4 Rest of North America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)/Ranking Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 A.E. Aubin Company
6.4.3 C. Uyemura & Co. Ltd
6.4.4 Giant Finishing Inc.
6.4.5 Guyson Corporation
6.4.6 Hardwood Line Manufacturing Co.
6.4.7 Honeywell International Inc.
6.4.8 Linde plc
6.4.9 Luster-on Products Inc.
6.4.10 Mass Finishing Inc.
6.4.11 OC Oerlikon Management AG
6.4.12 OTEC Precision Finish Inc.
6.4.14 Sequa (The Carlyle Group)
6.4.15 TIB Chemicals AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Shift from Traditional Solvent-borne Technologies to Newer Technologies
North America Metal Finishing Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The North America Metal Finishing Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of North America Metal Finishing Market?
The North America Metal Finishing Market is growing at a CAGR of >6% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in North America Metal Finishing Market?
C. Uyemura & Co. Ltd, Honeywell International Inc., Linde plc, OC Oerlikon Management AG, Sequa are the major companies operating in North America Metal Finishing Market.
North America Metal Finishing Industry Report
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the North America Metal Finishing Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The North America Metal Finishing Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the North America Metal Finishing Market report PDF.