North America Dry-Mix Mortar Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 3.5 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
80% of our clients seek made-to-order reports. How do you want us to tailor yours?
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Analysis
The North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market is expected to register a CAGR of over 3.5 % during the forecast period.
COVID-19 negatively affected the North American dry-mix mortar market. Large residential and commercial construction projects were temporarily suspended during COVID-19, reducing dry-mix mortar consumption. After 2020, the market grew gradually due to the continued construction activity in the North American nations.
- Long-term cost-effectiveness in the construction industry and simplified mix-and-apply operations are expected to benefit the dry-mix mortar market’s growth in North America.
- The emerging trend of green building certifications is likely to act as an opportunity in the future.
- However, high capital requirements and fluctuating raw material prices in North America are the major factors hindering the targeted market's growth.
- United States is expected to dominate the dry-mix mortar market in North America and is also likely to witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Industry Segments
Dry Mix Mortar is a specific term used for ready-mixed construction raw materials in dry forms, including sand, cement, limestone powders, and hydrated lime with additives such as methylcellulose, synthetic glue, and hydrophobic agents. The North America dry-mix mortar market is segmented by type, application, end-user industry, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into cement-based, gypsum-based, and others. By application, the market is segmented into plaster, render, tile adhesive, grout, waterproofing slurry, concrete protection and renovation, insulation and finishing systems, and other applications. As per the end-user industry, the market is segmented into residential and non-residential (commercial, infrastructure, industrial/institutional, and other non-residential end-user industries). The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the dry mix mortar market in 3 major countries across the North American region. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done based on volume (million tons)
|Concrete Protection and Renovation|
|Insulation and Finishing Systems|
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market according to our research experts:
Non-residential segment to Dominate the Market
- The primary utilization of dry mix mortar in the non-residential segment is in commercial, infrastructure, industrial/institutional, and other non-residential applications. North America holds a considerable market share, with leading countries like the United States, Canada, and Mexico driving the domestic demand for dry mix mortar to new heights.
- Dry-mix mortars are most frequently used in non-residential construction to improve the long-term structure and are cost-effective, reducing cement waste and allowing them to meet the demanding performance criteria in today’s construction industry.
- In November 2022, Saskatchewan's Minister of Government Relations, Don McMorris, Minister of Intergovernmental Affairs, Infrastructure, and Communities, announced joint funding of more than USD 40 million for nine infrastructure projects across Saskatchewan, Canada. This development will consume more dry-mix mortar within the country.
- According to the US Census Bureau, the commercial construction industry in the United States accounted for USD 91.03 billion, up from USD 86.82 billion in 2020.
- As stated by the World Bank, Mexico industry's (including construction) value added (% of GDP) was 39.9 % in 2021, which increased from 29.6% in the previous year (2020). This trend is expected to support the market study.
- According to the US Census Bureau, the expenditure on new private non-residential buildings in the United States was around USD 485.8 billion in 2021, representing about a 2% decrease over the previous year.
- According to the US Census Bureau, the expenditure on public non-residential construction in the United States was around USD 337 billion in 2021, slightly decreased as compared to USD 352 billion in 2020.
- Therefore, considering the aforementioned factors, the demand for the Dry-Mix Mortar is expected to rise significantly in the non-residential construction segment in the near future.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
United States to Dominate the Market
- The United States dominated the North American dry mix mortar market in 2021, with a significant market and revenue share, and is expected to maintain its dominance during the forecast period.
- Dry-mix materials have superior technological properties that enable them to meet the stringent performance specifications prevalent in today's residential and non-residential construction. Furthermore, the United States has a substantial market share in these industries, allowing it to continue its dominance across North American countries.
- According to the US Census Bureau, public spending on residential construction in 2021 was around USD 9.06 billion, a slight decrease from USD 9.19 billion in 2020. The residential component has steadily grown over decades and is expected to grow further in the future.
- In October 2022, The U.S. Department of Transportation’s Federal Highway Administration (FHWA) provided USD 59.9 billion in the fiscal Year 2023 to support the country's infrastructure, which includes highways, bridges, and tunnels for all 50 States of the country.
- According to the US Census Bureau, the total value of new construction in the United States has crossed USD 1.59 trillion in 2021, representing an 8.3% increase over the previous year. Such trends are projected to benefit the studied market.
- All aforementioned factors are likely to fuel the growth of the dry mix mortar market in the United States over the forecast period.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Competitor Analysis
The North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market is fragmented in nature. Some of the major players (not in particular order) in the market include BASF SE, Sika AG, CEMEX SAB de CV, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, and HOLCIM, among others.
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Top Players
CEMEX SAB de CV
Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Recent Developments
- September 2022: Saint-Gobain announced the acquisition of all outstanding shares of GCP Applied Technologies (a leading global provider of construction products) for approximately USD 2.3 billion.
- December 2022: Cemex introduced hydrogen technology in its four cement plants in Mexico to reduce CO2 emissions. The company is expanding hydrogen technology in the production of building materials to attain net-zero CO2 emissions during operation.
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Drivers
4.1.1 Simplified Mix and Apply Operations
4.1.2 Long-term Cost Effectiveness in the Construction Industry
4.2 Market Restraints
4.2.1 High capital requirements
4.2.2 Fluctuating raw material prices
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Cement based
5.1.2 Gypsum based
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2.3 Tile Adhesive
5.2.5 Waterproofing Slurry
5.2.6 Concrete Protection and Renovation
5.2.7 Insulation and Finishing Systems
5.2.8 Other Applications
5.3 End-User Industry
18.104.22.168 Other Non-residential End-user Industries
5.4.1 United States
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)/Rank Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Ardex Group
6.4.2 BASF SE
6.4.3 CEMEX SAB de CV
6.4.4 Henkel AG & Co. KGaA
6.4.5 Knauf Gips KG
6.4.7 Laticrete International Inc.
6.4.8 Mapei SpA
6.4.9 Saint Gobain
6.4.10 Sika AG
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Emerging Trend of Green Building Certifications
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market ?
The North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market is growing at a CAGR of >3.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market ?
BASF SE , Sika AG, CEMEX SAB de CV, Henkel AG & Co. KGaA, HOLCIM are the major companies operating in North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market .
North America Dry-Mix Mortar Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the North America Dry-Mix Mortar Market report PDF.