The North American Bath & Shower Products market is expected to reach USD 7.14 billion by 2023, witnessing a low CAGR during the forecast period. The US dominates the sales which are followed by Canada and Mexico. Growing demand for organic and natural bath products which is mainly driven by the health-conscious consumers is driving the market. Plant-based natural ingredients remain the popular ingredients among the consumers. However, the growing safety concern among consumers regarding the ingredients in the shower products has affected the market growth.
Bath Salts and Additives in High Demand
Bath additives is a small and niche market in Mexico due to the lesser population of households having baths. However, Mexico is expected to witness the fastest growth in the bath additives and bath salts market in North America. Bath and shower products remain the largest category in 2017 which is expected to dominate by 2023. Body wash/gel is the most popular category consumed in the US which is mostly driven by the health and hygiene practice followed by consumers. Innovation in bath products with a wide range of new scents and floral ingredients continue to drive the market.
The US is the Largest Market
The US occupies a major share of more than 70% of the North America sales by volume. The mature state of the market continues to witness a low CAGR during the forecast period. Mexico holds the smallest share of the market while is expected to witness a steady growth due to the growing demand for substituting bar soap. Bar soap in Canada has seen declining sales. Consumers shifting towards organic and natural products is further driving sales of bath products in Canada.
- Jul 2018 – Schmidt's Naturals which is a leader in Naturals personal care products in North America launched its natural body wash available in two scents, Jasmine Tea and Cedarwood + Juniper. The product is an innovative, plant-based, cruelty-free, vegan products. The company features sea-based antioxidants and amino including nori, red algae, and spirulina in its range of products.
- Sept 2017 – The New York beauty brand Glossier launched its two products Daily Oil Wash and the Daily Perfecting Cream in Canada. Both the products are inspired by oil cleansers and lotions to moisturize body skin.
The North America Bath & Shower Products market is competitive with multinational players occupying the major share of the market. New product innovation focuses on organic and natural ingredients along with new formats are the main strategy adopted by players.
Major players include - Procter & Gamble Co., Unilever Plc, Henkel AG & Co KGaA, L`Oreal S.A. L'Occitane International SA, among others.
Reasons to Purchase this Report
- Analyzing the outlook of the market with the recent trends and Porter’s five forces analysis
- Market dynamics scenario, along with growth opportunities of the market in the years to come
- Market segmentation analysis including qualitative and quantitative research incorporating the impact of economic and non-economic aspects
- Regional and country level analysis integrating the demand and supply forces that are influencing the growth of the market.
- Market value (USD Million) and volume (Units Million) data for each segment and sub-segment
- Distribution Channel sales Analysis by Value
- Competitive landscape involving the market share of major players, along with the new product launch and strategies adopted by players in the past five years
- Comprehensive company profiles covering the product offerings, key financial information, recent developments, SWOT analysis, and strategies employed by the major market players
- 3-month analyst support, along with the Market Estimate sheet in excel.
Customization of the Report
- This report can be customized to meet your requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure you get a report that suits your needs
1.1 Key Deliverables of the Study
1.2 Study Assumptions
1.3 Scope of the Market
2. Research Approach and Methodology
2.2 Research Design
2.3 Study Timelines
2.4 Study Phases
2.4.1 Secondary Research
2.4.2 Discussion Guide
2.4.3 Market Engineering and Econometric Modelling
2.4.4 Expert Validation
3. Market Overview
3.1 Market Trends
3.2 Market Dynamics
188.8.131.52 Increased Product Innovation Featuring Active Ingredients
184.108.40.206 Rising Demand for Organic and Natural Products
220.127.116.11 Growing Safety Concern Regarding Effect of Ingredients Used in the Products
18.104.22.168 Expanding Distribution Channel in Developing Region
3.2.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
22.214.171.124 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
126.96.36.199 Bargaining Power of Buyers
188.8.131.52 Threat of New Entrants
184.108.40.206 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
220.127.116.11 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Liquid Bath Products
18.104.22.168 Bath Foam/Gel
22.214.171.124 Bath Oil/Pearls
4.1.2 Shower Products
126.96.36.199 Body Wash/Shower Gel
188.8.131.52 Other Shower Products
4.1.3 Other Bath Products
184.108.40.206 Bath Salts/Powder
220.127.116.11 Other Bath Additives
18.104.22.168 Bar Soap
22.214.171.124 Liquid Soap
4.2 By Distribution Channel
4.2.1 Convenience Stores
4.2.2 Department Stores
4.2.3 On-line Retail
4.2.5 Specialist Retailers
4.2.6 Supermarkets and Hypermarkets
4.2.7 Variety Stores
4.2.8 Warehouse Clubs
4.2.9 Other Distribution Channels
4.3 By Geography
4.3.1 North America
126.96.36.199 United States
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Market Share Analysis
5.2 Strategy Adopted by Key Players
5.3 Most Active Companies in the Past Five Years
6. Company Profiles
6.2 Products & Services
6.4 Key Developments
6.5 Strategies Adopted
6.6 SWOT Analysis of Major Players
7. Companies Covered
7.1 Procter & Gamble Co.
7.2 Unilever Plc
7.3 Henkel AG & Co KGaA
7.4 L`Oreal S.A.
7.5 Beiersdorf Global AG
7.6 L'Occitane International SA
7.7 Avon Products, Inc.
7.8 Revlon, Inc.
7.9 Colgate-Palmolive Company
7.10 Kao Corporation
LIST OF TABLES
1: Bath and Shower Products Market: Revenue in USD million, by Country, North America, 2015-2023
2: Bath and Shower Products Market: Revenue in USD million, by Product Type, North America, 2015-2023
3: Bath and Shower Products Market: Revenue in USD million, by Distribution Channel, North America, 2012-2017
4: Bath and Shower Products Market: Volume in million units, by Country, North America, 2015-2023
5: Bath and Shower Products Market: Volume in million units, by Product Type, North America, 2015-2023