Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Netherlands Facility Management Market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 2.5% over the forecast period 2022 to 2027. The facility management industry in the country operates with integrated contracts provided by significant vendors across the country, and small local players focus on single contracts and single-service solutions. However, there are increasing opportunities to leverage facility management and corporate real estate in new ways, given the dynamics occurring across the country.
· The growing importance of workplace management among the end users and demand for energy management services outsourcing is likely to add to the growth in the facility management market in the country.
· Population aging in the Netherlands is creating market opportunities for service providers with experience in the service facilities catering to an older demographic. However, the industrial and commercial sectors are expected to be the largest end markets for facility management.
· Demand from the commercial sector in terms of cost efficiency and digitalization to support effective workplace management and the emphasis on environmental sustainability are expected to fuel facility management growth in the country.
· Netherland is among the countries contributing to the growth of facility management services. The paid urbanization and development of a new economic hub in eastern Europe has further spiked the demand for facility management service providers in Netherland
· Outsourcing procurement contracts and establishing new production facilities further complement the demand for facility management services. In October 2021, Axalta opened a new refinish facility in the Netherlands. The facility includes the new Dutch Axalta Refinish Academy, an innovative body shop environment for training refinishers. It also boasts the recently launched Daisy Wheel 3.0, which enables fully end-to-end automated color mixing for the first time and works seamlessly with Axalta’s Digital Color Management.
· Moreover, in June 2021, Ranpak Holdings, one of the global leaders of environmentally sustainable, paper-based packaging, partnered with real estate developer Boelens de Gruyter to design and build a new, highly sustainable facility in Kerkrade, Limburg, The Netherlands.
· The outbreak of COVID-19 has had a mixed business impact on facilities management firms. The restrictions on the movement of people resulted in a decline in project work and a decreased level of activity across many customer sites.
Scope of the Report
Facility management (FM) incorporates many disciplines to ensure the built environment's functionality, safety, comfort, and efficiency by integrating people, process, place, and technology. Facility management includes management methods and techniques for building operations and maintenance, support services, environmental management, and property management for an organization, along with overall harmonization of the work environment in an organization standardizing services, and streamlining processes for end users.
The Netherlands Facility Management Market is segmented by Type of Facility Management (Inhouse Facility Management, Outsourcing Facility Management (Single FM, Bundled FM, Integrated FM)), By Offering Type (Hard FM and Soft FM), By End-User (Commercial, Institutional, Public/Infrastructure, Industrial).
|By Type of Facility Management|
|Inhouse Facility Management|
|By Offering Type|
Key Market Trends
Commercial Segment to hold significant share in the market
· The investment companies usually decide to specialize either in the residential or commercial property market. Commercial investments suggest higher cash flow potential and often provide better returns on investment. The commercial buildings segment offers lucrative opportunities, making them an attractive form of investment in the region, consequently boosting the Facility Management Market's growth during the forecast period.
· According to CBRE Netherlands, inquiries for commercial spaces have increased by 52 % in less than two years. The number of businesses seeking suitable office space and already under contract is up 139 % from nine months ago.
· The increasing demand for office space in the country's two prime business locations (Amsterdam Zuidas business district and Amsterdam city center) have caused rents to go up and incentives to be limited. For this reason, some tenants prefer to move to alternative offices in and near Amsterdam, further opting for facility management services.
· The growing interest in smart buildings and other IoT technologies presents numerous opportunities for market players to implement IoT-based facility management and promote smart building growth in the Netherlands.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increasing adoption of IT Outsourcing to Drive Market
· Companies' reliance on outsourcing is increased as it becomes difficult to conduct internally manage IT processes cost-effectively. Organizations need to deal with problems with advanced technologies such as IoT and Cloud.
· For these issues, organizations are seeking access to knowledge that is scarce. Furthermore, outsourcing provides companies flexibility in their IT operations and the opportunity to quickly and temporarily scale up or down or work at a lower cost.
· The demand for public cloud services among companies in the Netherlands is rising. With the outsourcing for such issues, the organization's satisfaction level is on the rise, further adding the adoption rate for IT outsourcing.
The Nethrelands Facility Management Market is highly fragmented, with multiple players in the market providing facility management services to the domestic and international markets.
· January 2022 - Vebego announced that it is taking over the entire Hectas companies in Germany, the Netherlands, and Austria from the Germany-based family company Vorwerk. Vebego will take over Hectas in its entirety, including all employees, clients, and current contracts.
· April 2022 - Unica acquired security management company EAL, which is one of the leading parties in developing and implementing security management and access control systems.
· ·March 2022 – SPIE launched the sustainable building management platform, PULSE Core. It gives administrators control over each sustainability, comfort, maintenance, the optimal workplace, and daily operations, including contract management aspects, separately or in combination. Also, offer a complete insight into the performance and improvement opportunities of a building and its technical installation.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness- Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Trend of Smart Buildings
5.1.2 Increasing Demand of Energy Management Services
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Lack of Skilled Workforce
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type of Facility Management
6.1.1 Inhouse Facility Management
6.1.2 Outsourced Facility Management
220.127.116.11 Single FM
18.104.22.168 Bundled FM
22.214.171.124 Integrated FM
6.2 By Offering Type
6.2.1 Hard FM
6.2.2 Soft FM
6.3 By End-User
6.3.5 Other End-Users
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles*
7.1.1 Apleona GmbH
7.1.2 Vebego International BV
7.1.3 Hago Netherlands BV
7.1.4 DW Facility Group BV
7.1.7 The Cleaning Cooperative
7.1.8 HEYDAY Facility Management
7.1.9 SMB Willems
7.1.11 ICS Group
7.1.12 Novon Cleaning
7.1.13 VLS Group
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The netherlands facility management market market is studied from 2020 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of netherlands facility management market?
The netherlands facility management market is growing at a CAGR of >2.5% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in netherlands facility management market?
Apleona GmbH, Vebego International BV, Hago Netherlands BV, DW Facility Group BV, Fortrus are the major companies operating in netherlands facility management market.