Natural Honey Market Size
|Study Period:||2018 - 2028|
|Fastest Growing Market:||North America|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and it's growth?
Natural Honey Market Analysis
The natural honey market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.4% during the forecast period.
- Natural honey is a sweet-flavored liquid food produced by various pieces of wild bees. It differs from regular honey as it does not undergo commercial processes such as filtration or pasteurization but collects and packs directly from the beehives. It is largely used as a natural sweetener and the best alternative to white sugar for health consciousness people. It can be used in beverages, processed foods, jams, and jellies and is increasingly used as an ingredient in health and beauty products. Honey has been linked to various health benefits. Studies have found that it may help reduce risk factors for heart diseases like blood pressure and cholesterol and improve wound healing and throat infections. It contains various nutrients, including vitamins, minerals, calcium, and antioxidants. With increasing consumer demand and high health benefits, the market is expected to grow over the forecast period and have a long-term impact.
- Along with this, the potential of honey to impart a pleasant flavor to food and beverage products, together with their easy accessibility and longer shelf life of the product is boosting market demand. Moreover, Beeswax is a byproduct of honey production. It makes a wonderful ingredient in aromatherapy, cosmetics, skincare products, wood finishes, waxes, waterproofing products, and dental molds. The increased usage will help to increase the natural honey.
- China and Turkey are the major producing markets of natural honey, while Germany and Japan are among the highest importers. Chinese honey is sourced from small beekeepers in the Qinghai region of China.
Natural Honey Industry Segmentation
Natural honey is obtained from wild bees and does not undergo any processing, unlike regular honey. The medicinal benefits and the growth in the importance of organic foods are the factors boosting the natural honey market in the forecast period. The Natural Honey Market is segmented by Geography (North America, Europe, South America, Asia-Pacific, Middle-East, and Africa). The report includes the Production Analysis (Volume), Consumption Analysis (Value and Volume), Export Analysis (Value and Volume), Import Analysis (Value and Volume), and Price Trend Analysis. The report offers market estimation and forecast in value(USD thousand) and volume(metric ton).
|Geography (Production Analysis, Consumption Analysis by Value and Volume, Import Analysis by Value and Volume, Export Analysis by Value and Volume, and Price Trend Analysis)|
Natural Honey Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Natural Honey Market according to our research experts:
Increased health benefits of natural honey and Demand of Natural Sweeteners
Increasing consumer preferences for healthy and natural alternatives over artificial sweeteners and increasing awareness about the benefits of honey are majorly driving the growth of the natural honey market.
Artificial sweeteners lead to obesity, elevated cholesterol, mineral depletion, tooth decay, hypertension, and cardiovascular diseases. They are also responsible for causing Type 2 diabetes, metabolic syndrome, and different types of cancers and tumors. On the other hand, natural honey has a lower glycemic index (GI), which means that it does not raise blood sugar levels quickly, and it is also filled with antioxidants that offer substantial benefits to the human body. They have many health benefits and can be used in functional foods, skincare products, etc. Natural honey is a pure, unfiltered, and unpasteurized sweetener made by bees from the nectar of flowers and is known for its incredible nutritional value and health powers. It is progressively advocated as a substitute for sugar due to its health benefits. There is enough research that proves that replacing sugar with honey can actually help prevent gaining weight and also lower blood sugar levels. A daily dose of raw honey raises levels of good antioxidants in the body that help boost the immune system.
As per the latest food consumption trends, consumers worldwide are increasingly concerned about consuming food products that enhance their immunity levels, particularly after the rapid pandemic spread. Therefore, this factor is anticipated to attract new consumers to the natural honey market.
Furthermore, governments and international organizations have been promoting natural honey as an important food ingredient and a beneficial mediational ingredient. For instance, the World Health Organization (WHO) has recommended it as an effective natural remedy for cough in small children, as well as for chronic cough in adults. The honey-based spread is a growing market in North America and Europe in terms of clean labeling. About 50% of the American population consumes honey. The purity and naturalness of honey are the crucial criteria consumers consider while purchasing the product. Thus, the popularization of and demand for natural sweeteners will likely drive the market during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific Dominates the Market
Asia-Pacific registers as the dominant market for natural honey across the world. China holds the largest share of honey production and consumption in Asia-Pacific, followed by India. China's vast territory, rich nectar source, large population, and improvement in people's living standards are the reasons for the rise in domestic natural honey production. Honey, in China, is a staple food available more easily than sugar in a supermarket. In 2020, with a population of more than 1.4 billion inhabitants, honey consumption exceeded 300,000 metric tons per year in China.
Along with this, the import volume increased in China from 3,824 metric tons in 2018 to 4,272 metric ton in 2020. China is the official European supplier to importing countries like Spain, Germany, and the United Kingdom. As the natural honey demand is increasing in this region, companies have started introducing new varieties to the Asian-Pacific region. For instance, DELTA Commerce offers organic honey in varieties like thyme, lavender, rosemary, eucalyptus, etc. Kato Brothers Honey Co. Ltd introduced Sakura honey as its specialty in the Japanese market.
Moreover, India is among the top and leading producers of honey in this region, next to China. Additionally, it also exports natural honey to a number of countries globally, like the United States, Canada, and Qatar, among others. The country also offers several different exotic varieties of wild honey like the Multi-flora Himalayan honey, eucalyptus honey, lychee honey, and many others.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Natural Honey Market News
- August 2022: To harness the export potential of natural honey in line with Prime Minister Narendra Modi’s vision of a ‘sweet revolution’ through the promotion of beekeeping and allied activities, the Indian government has planned to organize a series of events across the country in collaboration with state governments and farmers. As a part of the government’s AtmaNirbhar Bharat initiative to boost honey production, the government has approved an allocation of INR 500 crore (USD 60.5 million) for the National Beekeeping and Honey Mission (NBHM) for three years (2020-21 to 2022-23).
- April 2022: Minister of Tribal Affairs, India, in the National Conclave on “Wild and Forest Honey” organized by TRIFED in collaboration with the Ministry of Agriculture & Farmers Welfare and National Bee Board, announced that the areas covered under Adi Adarsh Gram Yojana are needed to ensure that the extraction of Natural Honey and Bee Keeping is brought within the ambit of Community Forest Rights under FRA.
Natural Honey Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Value Chain Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Geography (Production Analysis, Consumption Analysis by Value and Volume, Import Analysis by Value and Volume, Export Analysis by Value and Volume, and Price Trend Analysis)
5.1.1 North America
18.104.22.168 United States
22.214.171.124 New Zealand
5.1.4 South America
5.1.5 Middle East and Africa
6. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Natural Honey Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Natural Honey Market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Natural Honey Market?
The Natural Honey Market is growing at a CAGR of 7.4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Natural Honey Market?
North America is growing at the highest CAGR over 2018 - 2028.
Which region has largest share in Natural Honey Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Natural Honey Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Natural Honey market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Natural Honey analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.