|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
The Morocco Automotive Engine Oils Market stood at 64.05 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : Morocco's passenger vehicle (PV) fleet consumes more than half of the country's engine oil, with 3.1 million units of PVs, and it has high engine oil replacement frequencies.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : Morocco is expected to have the fastest increase in demand for motorcycle engine oil, owing to a strong rebound in low-cost motorcycle sales and increased travel rates.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Passenger Vehicles
- Engine oils accounted for about 75% of the overall automotive lubricants in Morocco in 2020. During 2015-2019, engine oil consumption increased at a CAGR of over 6%. The growing active vehicle fleet in the country was the key driver for this trend.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak led to a massive decline in the usage rate of the existing vehicle fleets in the country, which led to a 1.75% dip in engine oil consumption. The commercial vehicle (CV) segment recorded the largest decline of 4.1% in engine oil consumption during 2019.
- During 2021-2026, the motorcycles segment is expected to register the highest growth of 9.4% in engine oil consumption, followed by the PV segment (5.69%). The growth in the motorcycles segment is likely to be driven by the country's strong demand for mopeds and motorcycles over the next five years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Morocco Automotive Engine Oils Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 63.03%. The major players in this market are Afriquia, OLA Energy, Petrom, Royal Dutch Shell Plc and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- August 2021: During 2017-2020, OLA Energy invested around EUR 200 million and established 80 new service stations every year across its pan-African network, including Gabon, Morocco, Kenya, Reunion, and Egypt.
- April 2021: Motul launched two engine oils, namely CLASSIC EIGHTIES 10W-40 and CLASSIC NINETIES 10W-30, for classic cars manufactured between the 1970s and 2000s.
- March 2021: Hyundai Motor Company and Royal Dutch Shell PLC announced a five-year global business cooperation agreement, with a new focus on clean energy and carbon reduction, to help Hyundai continue its transformation as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.4 OLA Energy
5.3.6 Petromin Corporation
5.3.7 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
5.3.10 Ziz Lubrifiants
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MOROCCO, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MOROCCO, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MOROCCO, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MOROCCO, 2015 - 2026
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
MOROCCO AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms