|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Hydraulic Fluids|
The Morocco Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market stood at 44.04 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Since it is used in enormous amounts and replenished more frequently than other product categories, engine oil is the most popular product in Moroccan SUVs and sedans.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Hydraulic Fluids : Greases are expected to be the fastest-growing segment in Morocco's PV industry due to the expected recovery in travel rates and vehicle production outputs in the country.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- Passenger vehicles (PVs) are the largest segment in terms of automotive lubricant consumption in Morocco. During 2015-2019, the PV lubricant consumption expanded a CAGR of 6%, primarily due to a surge in the car population in the country.
- In 2020, PVs accounted for about 52% of the total automotive lubricant consumption in the country. Engine oil accounted for the largest share in PV lubricant consumption, i.e., over 82%, during the year. During 2020, PV lubricant consumption declined by 2.6% due to lower usage of the vehicle fleet post the COVID-19 outbreak.
- During 2021-2026, the greases segment is projected to register a healthy CAGR of 7.82%, likely to be driven by the recovery of passenger car production and average distance traveled in the country.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Morocco Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 61.99%. The major players in this market are Afriquia, OLA Energy, Petrom, Royal Dutch Shell PLC and TotalEnergies (sorted alphabetically).
- August 2021: During 2017-2020, OLA Energy invested around EUR 200 million and established 80 new service stations every year across its pan-African network, including Gabon, Morocco, Kenya, Reunion, and Egypt.
- July 2021: RAVENOL and ABT Sportsline formed technical cooperation in the fields of engine oils, gearbox and limited-slip differential oils, and brake fluids, thus, bringing together first-rate experience in the high-performance category.
- April 2021: Motul launched two engine oils, namely CLASSIC EIGHTIES 10W-40 and CLASSIC NINETIES 10W-30, for classic cars manufactured between the 1970s and 2000s.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.4 OLA Energy
5.3.6 Petromin Corporation
5.3.7 Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH
5.3.8 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
5.3.11 Ziz Lubrifiants
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MOROCCO, 2015 - 2026
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
MOROCCO PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms