|Study Period:||2015 - 2027|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Hydraulic Fluids|
The Morocco Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market stood at 39.69 million liters in 2022 and is projected to register a CAGR of NaN% to reach NaN liters in 2027.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the most popular product in Moroccan CV fleets, as it is used in large quantities in heavy-duty trucks and is refilled more frequently than other product types.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Hydraulic Fluids : Greases are expected to be the fastest-growing segment in Morocco's CV industry, owing to the country's expanding business activities and recovering production outputs.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
|Transmission & Gear Oils|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- In Morocco, commercial vehicles (CV) form the largest segment in terms of automotive lubricant consumption. During 2015-2019, lubricant consumption increased at a CAGR of around 5% in the CV segment. The growth was majorly driven by the growing freight transportation in the country.
- Lubricant consumption of commercial vehicles declined by 4.5% as COVID-19 affected freight transportation activity in 2020. The engine oil segment accounted for a share of 67.8% in the CV lubricant consumption during the year, a sudden decline of 4.17%.
- The greases segment is likely to be the fastest-growing product type, exhibiting a CAGR of 7.2% during 2021-2026. The recovery in usage and production of commercial vehicles will likely drive the consumption of greases in the coming years.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Morocco Commercial Vehicles Lubricants Market is moderately consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 58.37%. The major players in this market are Afriquia, OLA Energy, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, TotalEnergies and Winxo (sorted alphabetically).
- August 2021: During 2017-2020, OLA Energy invested around EUR 200 million and established 80 new service stations every year across its pan-African network, including Gabon, Morocco, Kenya, Reunion, and Egypt.
- March 2021: Hyundai Motor Company and Royal Dutch Shell PLC announced a five-year global business cooperation agreement, with a new focus on clean energy and carbon reduction, to help Hyundai continue its transformation as a Smart Mobility Solution Provider.
- January 2021: TotalEnergies introduced new packaging for its lubricant products in Morocco. This initiative aims to reduce 9,500 metric tons of CO2 each year and help the company be a more responsible energy player.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission & Gear Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.3 OLA Energy
5.3.4 Petromin Corporation
5.3.5 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, MOROCCO, 2015 - 2026
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, 2015-2026
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION & GEAR OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
MOROCCO COMMERCIAL VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2020
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms