Technological Developments Such as Lithium-Ion Batteries to Drive the Market
While the conventional micro-hybrid technology relies on just a simple stop-start system for the engine, second-generation micro-hybrid systems incorporate features, such as energy regeneration and harvesting. The premium to be paid for a micro-hybrid purchase is nominal for each vehicle. The next generation of micro-hybrid systems has started emerging, where advanced concepts, such as shutting off the engine during coasting (not just when stopped), and useful features, like keeping the air conditioning running when the engine is not functioning, as well as, some mild levels of boost from the batteries during acceleration, are incorporated.
The development of high-performance lithium-ion batteries is expected to help drive the micro-hybrid vehicle market significantly during the forecast period. These vehicles have small batteries and motors that do not require any technical modification or requirements for battery manufacturing other than what is required for hybrid and electric vehicles.
European countries are expected to dominate the global micro-hybrid market in terms of shipment of unit sales, with a share of 45% by the end of 2020.The concerns to protect the environment and reducing greenhouse gas emissions, especially carbon dioxide, will play a major role in driving the growth of the market. The fall in the prices of fuel has had an adverse impact on the choice of fuel-efficient vehicles, thereby posing some challenges to the micro-hybrid vehicle market.
The market is segmented by capacity, vehicle type, battery type, and geography.
- The micro-hybrid vehicle market is being tapped by ultracapacitor makers to increase their sales .
Key Industry Players
Some of the key players in the market are Audi, BMW, Daimler, Hyundai, Nissan, and Porche.
Reasons to Purchase the Report
- To study the current and future market in the developed and emerging regions.
- Analyzing various perspectives of the market with the help of Porter’s Five Forces Analysis.
- Identify the segment that is expected to dominate the market.
- Identify the regions that are expected to witness the fastest growth during the forecast period.
- Identify the latest developments, market shares, and strategies employed by the major market players.
- 3-month analyst support along with the Market Estimate sheet (in Excel).
Report Customization and Benefits
This report can be customized to meet the desired requirements. Please connect with our analyst, who will ensure that you get a report that suits your needs.
1.1 STUDY DELIVERABLES
1.2 GENERAL STUDY ASSUMPTIONS
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
2.2 ANALYSIS METHODOLOGY
2.3 STUDY ASSUMPTIONS
2.4 ECONOMETRIC FORECAST MODEL
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. KEY FINDINGS OF THE STUDY
5. MARKET OVERVIEW AND TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
5.1 CURRENT MARKET SCENARIO
5.2 TECHNOLOGY TRENDS
5.3 PORTER'S FIVE FORCES ANALYSIS
5.3.1 THREAT OF NEW ENTRANTS
5.3.2 THREAT OF SUBSTITUTE PRODUCTS/SERVICES
5.3.3 BARGAINING POWER OF SUPPLIERS
5.3.4 BARGAINING POWER OF BUYERS
5.3.5 INTENSITY OF COMPETITIVE RIVALRY
6. MARKET DYNAMICS
7. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY CAPACITY
7.1 12V MICRO-HYBRID
7.2 48V MICRO-HYBRID
8. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY VEHICLE TYPE
8.1 PASSENGER CARS
8.3 HEAVY VEHICLES
9. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY BATTERY TYPE
10. AUTOMOTIVE MICRO-HYBRID VEHICLE MARKET, BY GEOGRAPHY
10.1 NORTH AMERICA
10.1.1 THE UNITED STATES
10.1.3 REST OF NORTH AMERICA
10.2.1 THE UNITED KINGDOM
10.2.6 REST OF EUROPE
10.3.5 SOUTH KOREA
10.3.6 REST OF ASI-PACIFIC
10.4 REST OF THE WORLD
10.4.1 SOUTH AFRICA
11. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
11.1 MARKET SHARE ANALYSIS
11.2 STRATEGIES AND DEVELOPMENTS OF KEY PLAYERS
12. KEY VENDOR ANALYSIS
12.1 AUDI AG
12.2 BMW AG
12.3 DAIMLER AG
12.5 GENERAL MOTORS
12.6 HYUNDAI MOTOR COMPANY
12.7 JAGUAR LANDROVER LIMITED
12.8 KIA MOTORS CORPORATION
12.9 MAHINDRA & MAHINDRA
12.10 MAZDA MOTOR CORPORATION
12.11 NISSAN MOTOR COMPANY LTD
12.12 PORSCHE AG
12.13 TOYOTA MOTOR CORPORATION
13. FUTURE OUTLOOK OF THE MARKET