Eco Fibers Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|CAGR||> 9.00 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||Asia Pacific|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Eco Fibers Market Analysis
The global Eco Fibers Market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 9% during the forecast period.
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. The textile industry was one of the industries to be worst affected by the pandemic, with business orders of garments dropping by double-digit numbers in the global market. However, the government of most countries initiated various schemes to revive the sector, which later led to substantial growth and improvement in the sector. For instance, in Europe, the European Union (EU) and Better Work, a program to improve working conditions in the garment industry, decided to join efforts to improve working conditions in countries such as Bangladesh and Vietnam. Such initiatives were expected to revive the sector and boost eco-fiber demand.
- Over the long run, growing demand for daily and fashion wear and increasing use of eco-fiber in household applications are expected to drive the market studied.
- The high cost of final products is expected to hinder the market growth of eco fibers through the coming years.
- Growing demand for natural fibers in various applications is expected to create opportunities for the market in the coming years.
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global eco fibers market, and it is also expected to register the fastest growth through the forecast period.
Eco Fibers Market Trends
Growing Demand from Textile Industry
- Eco fibers are environmentally friendly and have been increasingly used in textile fabrics.
- Eco fibers are usually made of different substances, such as hemp, flax, organic cotton, and bamboo, which are used in the production of fabrics. Products, such as organic cotton, are gaining traction and serve as a sustainable alternative to conventional cotton in the global market.
- Organic cotton production initially started in Turkey, and the organic cotton industry currently occupies the place backbone of the textile industry of many developing countries. The sector has also played an important role in boosting the economies of a few developing countries.
- Cotton production in India is projected to reach 7.2 million tonnes (~43 million bales of 170 kg each) by 2030, driven by increasing consumer demand. Additionally, China produced nearly 5.98 million tonnes of cotton in 2022, up 4.3 percent yearly, according to the National Bureau of Statistics. The yield per hectare rose 5.3 percent to 1,992.2 kg.
- Bamboo fiber works naturally as anti-bacterial material and has properties of bacteriostatic and deodorant. Additionally, bamboo fibers offer permeability, a soft feel, and easy straightening and have excellent dye and pigmentation color effect properties to fabrics.
- Increasing demand for comfort in daily wear, technological advancements in fashion fabrics, and government regulations on textile chemicals in developed regions are driving the demand for innovations in the textile industry, which, in turn, is expected to drive the market for eco fibers through the years to come.
- India is the second-largest textile producer in the global market. The country's textile industry contributes over 7% of its industrial output and about 2% of its GDP.
- Furthermore, the United States' textile and apparel shipments totaled USD 65.8 billion in 2022. The country is the third largest exporter of textile-related products in the world. Fiber, textile, and apparel exports were USD 34.0 billion in 2021.
- Thus, all such factors are expected to drive the market through the years to come.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia Pacific is expected to dominate the global market, largely driven by the highly developed textile industry in China and India. Moreover, manufacturers prefer to set up manufacturing units in countries, like China, India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan, owing to high cotton production and low labor costs.
- Growing environmental issues because of various chemicals used in textiles and a large proportion of the population getting affected by various diseases are increasing the demand for eco fibers in different applications. Eco fibers are human-friendly and cause no damage to the environment even during the production phase.
- Eco fibers have also been used for household applications, such as tarpaulins, geotextiles, bags, carpets, and furniture materials. China majorly exports its household materials to other countries, like India, Pakistan, Europe, etc.
- Furthermore, as per the Ministry of Textiles in India, the textile industry is expected to reach USD 223 billion by 2023. India's textile and apparel exports (including handicrafts) stood at USD 44.4 billion in FY22, a 41% increase YoY.
- Packaging is another sector where demand for eco-friendly fibers is recently gaining momentum. Packaging is considered the fifth largest sector in the Indian economy and is growing around 22-25% per annum, according to the Packing Industry Association of India (PIAI).
- In 2021, the total shipment value of the Japanese packaging industry was worth around JPY 6.2 trillion (USD 56.6 billion). In Japan, cosmetics industry is one of the major consumers of packaging. In the beauty sector, Japanese brands make up for 80% of sales in the domestic market
- Additionally, according to World Trade Organization (WTO) data, China leads the global eco-fiber textile market.
- Overall, such factors are expected to drive market growth in the years to come.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Eco Fibers Industry Overview
The global Eco Fibers Market is partially consolidated in nature, with few players having a significant share in the global market. Some of the major players in the global market include SATERI and Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd (Grasim Industries Limited), Universal Fibers Inc., LENZING AG (ECOVERO), and Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd, among others (not in any particular order).
Eco Fibers Market Leaders
LENZING AG (ECOVERO)
Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd (Grasim Industries Limited)
Universal Fibers Inc.
Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Eco Fibers Market News
- December 2022: The Lenzing Group and Renewcell, the Swedish textile-to-textile recycling pioneer, signed a multi-year supply agreement to accelerate the transition of the textile industry from a linear to a circular business model.
- November 2022: Lenzing Group celebrated a key milestone as the production of LENZING ECOVERO branded viscose fibers reaches over 300,000 tons since the brand's inception in 2017. The company is also focusing on achieving even higher capacity in 2023 with the addition of a new site for LENZING ECOVERO fiber production.
Eco Fibers Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Daily and Fashion Wear
4.1.2 Increasing Household Applications
4.2.1 High Cost of Final Products
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Value)
5.1.1 Organic Fibers
5.1.2 Recycled Fibers
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2.3 Household and Furnishing
5.2.4 Other Applications
5.3.1 Asia Pacific
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share (%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 LENZING AG (ECOVERO)
6.4.2 Foss Performance Materials
6.4.3 Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd (Grasim Industries Limited)
6.4.4 Pilipinas Ecofiber Corp.
6.4.5 Polyfibre Industries
6.4.7 Shanghai Tenbro Bamboo Textile Co. Ltd
6.4.8 Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd
6.4.9 TEIJIN LIMITED (TEIJIN FRONTIER CO. LTD)
6.4.10 Universal Fibers Inc.
6.4.11 Wellman Advanced Materials
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand for Natural Fibers in Various Applications
7.2 Other Opportunities
Eco Fibers Market Research FAQs
What is the current Eco Fibers Market size?
The Eco Fibers Market is projected to register a CAGR of greater than 9% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Eco Fibers Market?
LENZING AG (ECOVERO), SATERI, Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd (Grasim Industries Limited), Universal Fibers Inc. and Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co. Ltd are the major companies operating in the Eco Fibers Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Eco Fibers Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Eco Fibers Market?
In 2023, the Asia Pacific accounts for the largest market share in the Eco Fibers Market.
Eco Fibers Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Eco Fibers market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Eco Fibers analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.