2016 - 2026
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The Global Eco Fibers Market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 9% during the forecast period (2021-2026).
The market was negatively impacted by COVID-19 in 2020. Several countries were forced to go in lockdown owing to the pandemic scenario, which led to shutdown of manufacturing facilities of almost every industry worldwide for a specified time. The textile industry was one of the industries to be worst affected by the pandemic, with business orders of garment dropping by double digit numbers in the global market. Owing to this, the government of most countries initiated various schemes to revive the sector which later led to substantial growth and improvement in the sector. For instance, in Europe, the European Union (EU) along with Better Work, a program with the aim to improve working conditions in the garment industry, decided to joint efforts to improve garment industry working conditions in countries such as Bangladesh and Vietnam. Such initiatives are expected to revive the sector and boost demand for eco fibers through the years to come.
- Over the long run, growing demand for daily and fashion wear and increasing use of eco fiber in household applications is expected to drive the market studied.
- High cost of final products is expected to hinder the market growth of eco fibers through the coming years.
- Growing demand for natural fibers in various applications is expected to create opportunity for the market in the coming years.
- Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the global eco fibers market and is also expected to register the fastest growth through the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Eco Fibers or eco-friendly fabrics are fibers that are not grown chemically or with the help of pesticides. They are millable, moldable and disease free. Such fibers are increasingly adopted in textile manufacturing owing to their environment and health friendly nature in the flow processes. The eco fibers market is segmented by type, application and geography. By type, the market is segmented into organic fibers, recycled fibers, and other types. By application, the market is segmented into textiles, industrial, household and furnishing, and other applications. The report also covers the market size and forecasts for the Eco Fibers Market in 17 countries across major regions. For each segment, the market sizing and forecasts have been done on the basis of revenue (USD Million).
|Household and Furnishing|
Key Market Trends
Growing Demand from Textile Industry
- Eco fibers are environmentally friendly and hence has been increasingly used in textile fabrics.
- Eco fibers are usually made of different substances such as hemp, flax, organic cotton, and bamboo, are used in the production of fabrics. Products such as organic cotton is gaining traction and serves as a sustainable alternative to conventional cotton in the global market.
- Organic cotton production initially started in Turkey and the organic cotton industry currently occupies the place of backbone in the textile industry of many developing countries. The sector has also played an important role in boosting the economies of a few developing countries.
- Bamboo fiber works naturally as anti-bacterial material and has properties of bacteriostatic and deodorant. Also, bamboo fibers offer permeability, soft feel, and easiness to straighten and have excellent dye, pigmentation color effect properties to fabrics.
- Increasing demand for comfort in daily wear, technological advancements in fashion fabrics, and government regulations on textile chemicals in developed regions are driving the demand for the innovations in textile industry, which in turn is expected to drive the market for eco fibers through the years to come.
- India is the the second largest textile producer in the global market. The country’s textile industry’s contribution accounts for more than 7% of industrial output and about 2% of its GDP.
- Furthermore, as per Ministry of Textiles in India, the textile industry is expected to reach USD 223 billion by 2023.
- All such factors are expected to drive the market through the years to come.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
- Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the global market; largely driven by the highly developed textile industry in China and India. Moreover, manufacturers prefer to set up manufacturing units in countries such as China, India, Bangladesh, and Pakistan owing to high cotton production and low labor costs.
- Growing environmental issues because of various chemicals used in textiles along with a large proportion of the population getting affected by various diseases are increasing the demand for eco fibers in different applications. Eco fibers are human-friendly and cause no damage to the environment even during the production phase.
- Eco fibers have also been used for various household applications such as tarpaulins, geotextiles, bags, carpets and furniture materials. China majorly exports its household materials to other countries like India, Pakistan, Europe and etc.
- Packaging is another sector where demand for the eco-friendly fibers is recently gaining momentum. Packaging is considered as the fifth largest sector in the Indian economy and is growing around 22-25% per annum according to the Packing Industry Association of India (PIAI).
- Furthermore, India’s goal of making the country free of the single use plastic by 2022 is expected to act as an opportunity for the eco-fibers in the packaging sector.
- Additionally, according to World Trade Organization (WTO) data, China leads the global eco fiber textile market.
- Overall, such factors are expected to drive the market growth through the years to come.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The global eco fibers market is partially consolidated in nature with few players having a significant share in the global market. Some of the major players in the global market includes SATERI, Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd. (Grasim Industries Limited), Universal Fibers, Inc, LENZING AG (ECOVERO), and Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co.Ltd. amongst others.
In Mar 2021, Sateri decided to expand its Lyocell production capacity in China, by increasing its manufacturing produciton capability by an additional 500,000 tons a year by 2025. The strategy is expected to help Sateri establish sites across China's Jiangsu province, with work already underway on a 100,000 tons facility in Changzhou.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Daily and Fashion Wear
4.1.2 Increasing Household Applications
4.2.1 High Cost of Final Products
4.2.2 Unfavourable Conditions Arising due to COVID-19 Impact
4.3 Industry Value-Chain Analysis
4.4 Porters Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Organic Fibers
5.1.2 Recycled Fibers
5.1.3 Other Types
5.2.3 Household and Furnishing
5.2.4 Other Applications
126.96.36.199 South Korea
188.8.131.52 ASEAN Countries
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.3.2 North America
220.127.116.11 United States
18.104.22.168 United Kingdom
22.214.171.124 Rest of Europe
5.3.4 South America
126.96.36.199 Rest of South America
5.3.5 Middle-East and Africa
188.8.131.52 Saudi Arabia
184.108.40.206 South Africa
220.127.116.11 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 LENZING AG (ECOVERO)
6.4.2 Foss Performance Materials
6.4.3 Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd. (Grasim Industries Limited)
6.4.4 Pilipinas Ecofiber Corp.
6.4.5 Polyfibre Industries
6.4.7 Shanghai Tenbro Bamboo Textile Co.,Ltd.
6.4.8 Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co.Ltd.
6.4.9 TEIJIN LIMITED (TEIJIN FRONTIER CO., LTD.)
6.4.10 Universal Fibers, Inc.
6.4.11 Wellman Advanced Materials
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Demand for Natural Fibers in Various Applications
7.2 Other Opportunities
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Eco Fibers Market market is studied from 2016 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of Eco Fibers Market?
The Eco Fibers Market is growing at a CAGR of >9% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Eco Fibers Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Eco Fibers Market?
Asia Pacific holds highest share in 2020.
Who are the key players in Eco Fibers Market?
- Aditya Birla Management Corporation Pvt. Ltd. (Grasim Industries Limited)
- Universal Fibers, Inc
- LENZING AG (ECOVERO)
- Tangshan Sanyou Group Xingda Chemical Fibre Co.Ltd
Are the major companies operating in Eco Fibers Market.