Medical Power Supply Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Market Size (2023)||USD 1.23 Billion|
|Market Size (2028)||USD 1.68 Billion|
|CAGR (2023 - 2028)||6.50 %|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Medical Power Supply Market Analysis
The Medical Power Supply Market size is estimated at USD 1.23 billion in 2023, and is expected to reach USD 1.68 billion by 2028, growing at a CAGR of 6.50% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Certain factors that are driving the growth of the market are technological advancements in healthcare equipment, a rise in the number of healthcare facilities, increasing incidences of chronic diseases, and growing demand for portable and home-based devices.
- Healthcare facilities are thriving across the world, owing to technological innovations in the healthcare sector and a growing geriatric population. Healthcare technologies are evolving in all possible aspects, ranging from patient registration to data monitoring and from lab tests to self-care devices.
- Furthermore, the geriatric population is growing at a rapid pace globally. Currently, about two-thirds of the world's geriatric population lives in developing countries. This has prompted the need for an increase in healthcare setups all over the world.
- Moreover, governments are taking initiatives to set up new and advanced healthcare facilities in developing countries to cater to the requirements of the growing population. The rise in the number of healthcare facilities may increase the demand for medical power supply, which is expected to drive the medical power supply market. Additionally, technological advancements in healthcare equipment, increasing incidences of chronic diseases, and the rising demand for portable and home-based devices are driving the growth of the medical power supply market.
- COVID-19 has put the Medtech industry at center stage with unparalleled demand for diagnostic tests, personal protective equipment (PPE), ventilators, and other critical medical supplies. Several new production facilities were built due to the pandemic. For instance, the Ministry of Health and Family Welfare (MoHFW), India, issued a report in December 2020, stating that before the COVID-19 pandemic, the average cost of each ventilator in March 2020 was INR 15 lakh (approximately USD 21,000). However, due to the Indian ventilator industry taking up the production, the cost was INR 2-10 lakh. Such developments are creating demand for products from local power supply vendors as import-export activities were largely restricted due to the COVID-19 scenario.
- Furthermore, there is a high trend of miniaturization of medical electronics globally. This trend holds for all electronic equipment, but the pressure for size and weight reduction is greatest in the area of medical applications. This is driving the power supply manufacturers primarily to reduce the size of their products. For instance, in September 2021, New Yorker Electronics announced its release of the new Polytron Devices PFMUIC700 Series of AC-DC power supplies designed for medical applications. The Polytron PFMUIC700 series features ultra-compact size of 6.7 x 3.66 x 1.61 inch (170.2 x 93.0 x 41.0mm) in a fully enclosed plastic case.
Medical Power Supply Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Medical Power Supply Market according to our research experts:
Diagnostic and Monitoring Equipment is Expected to Hold Significant Market Share
- Power supply products and technology play a critical role in medical imaging, diagnostics, monitoring equipment, and therapeutic businesses. From generating X-rays to powering detectors, these varied voltage power supply and X-ray generator solutions enable and improve the delivery of medical treatment.
- The increase in the number of government initiatives for the diagnosis of infectious disease and the rising need for fast detection of diseases are contributing to the growing demand for diagnostic and monitoring equipment across the world. Governments are proactively investing in many research studies, including those for the diagnosis of infectious diseases.
- Technology holds a central role in expanding the market for diagnostic and monitoring devices. The increase in the aging population and the transformation of acute illnesses, such as heart failure into chronic diseases, indicate that the number of patients is also increasing. All the aforementioned factors are expected to contribute to the huge market share of the segment.
- With the recent outbreak of the coronavirus pandemic across the globe, there is a significant surge in demand for medical power requirements, especially for the ventilators, nucleic acid detectors, mask machines, and other temperature measurement equipment. Among all the medical devices demands, life support equipment such as patient monitors and ventilators have witnessed the largest spike in demand.
- The United States holds a significant proportion of the diagnostic imaging market, which may be ascribed to rising technical advancements, higher population affordability, and an annual increase in the number of diagnostic operations. The market is also predicted to increase in the forecast period, owing to the presence of well-established healthcare facilities, rising demand for improved healthcare systems among the aging population, and rising prevalence of chronic diseases.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Significant Market Share
- The medical and healthcare industry in North America is shifting from a volume-based to a value-based model. Payers and providers are clamoring for higher-quality healthcare, better fraud detection, shorter hospital stays, and the prevention of new diseases.
- The North American region is expected to hold a prominent share of the global market, lead by the US, which plays a crucial role in generating the demand from the region when compared to Canada. Over the forecast period, the country is expected to dominate the global market, owing to the high implementation of advanced medical devices in the healthcare sector and the increasing necessity to improve the quality of health care services.
- Population Bureau Report examined the recent trends and estimated that the number of Americans aged 65 and older might reach over 98 million by 2060 from 46 million today. According to the American Heart Association (AHA), approximately half of all adults in the United States have cardiovascular disease. Heart disease causes almost 1 out of 4 deaths in the United States.
- Owing to the developments in healthcare, multiple public institutions are expected to enhance their laboratory capabilities across the region, in turn boosting the demand for power supply equipment. For instance, the final commissioning is underway at the US Army Medical Research Institute of Infectious Diseases (USAMRIID), which is situated at Fort Detrick in Frederick, Maryland. The medical facility is expected to be open for occupancy by 2021. The 835,000-square-foot building is expected to serve as the lead facility for the US Biological Defense Research Program.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Medical Power Supply Industry Overview
The global medical power supply market is highly competitive, consisting of a number of major players. The market appears to be moderately concentrated. The players in the market are adopting strategies such as product innovation, mergers, and acquisitions in order to stay ahead of the competition. Some of the major players in the market are Delta Electronics Group, Excelsys Technology, Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd, Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation, TDK-Lambda Corporation, among others.
- August 2021 - CUI, a Bel group company, announced the addition of 12 new models to its VMS-C and VMS-C-CNF range of internal medical ac-dc power supplies. These new, higher power models are chassis-mount units, available in open-frame or metal-case variations that are ideal for use in medical and home healthcare applications, such as ultrasound machines and medical beds.
- June 2021 - Powerbox announced 300% peak power open-frame power supplies for medical and industrial applications. For medical applications, the AEA600F input to output isolation complies with 2MOPP, its input to the ground with 1MOPP, and output to the ground with 1MOPP making the product suitable for the Body Floating (BF) applications. The units are approved under ANSI/AAMI ES60601-1 and EN60601-1 3rd Edition.
Medical Power Supply Market Leaders
Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd
Delta Electronics Inc.
Advanced Energy Industries Inc.
Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Medical Power Supply Market News
- December 2020 - CUI Inc. announced the addition of two 120-watt ac-dc external power supply series, expanding its existing 60601 certified medical power supply family. The new series footprint is 35% smaller than its non-medical counterpart, providing a lighter and less cumbersome adapter that can power a wide range of medical and dental devices. The SDM120-U is available with a C14 inlet, and the SDM120-UD comes with a C8 inlet. Both series meet the current average efficiency and no-load power specifications mandated by the US Department of Energy (DoE) under the Level VI standard, as well as the European Union's (EU) Ecodesign 2019/1782 and CoC Tier 2 directives for external power supplies.
- April 2020 - XP Power released its new UCH600 series of convection cooled, 600W AC-DC power supplies. The ultra-compact power supplies do not require additional cooling and deliver full load power under a wide range of conditions. This series can be used in medical devices, as well as for industrial electronics applications.
- March 2020 - Delta Electronics launched MEA-065A, a new 65W output to MEA Series of Medical AC-DC desktop type adapter, which offers four single output voltages of 12V, 15V, 19V, and 24V in an extremely compact size, i.e., 50 x 115 x 29 mm, and finds its application in various types of portable equipment, such as home healthcare equipment, and test and measurement equipment. Key features include 0.1mA low earth leakage and electric shock protection complying with 2 x MOPP.
Medical Power Supply Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Consumers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Technological Advancements in Healthcare Equipment
5.1.2 Increasing Demand for Portable Home Care Devices
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Stringent Regulatory Compliance and Safety Standards
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Technology
6.1.1 AC to DC Power Supply
6.1.2 DC to DC Power Supply
6.2 By Type
6.2.1 Open Frame Power Supply
6.2.2 Enclosed Power Supply
6.2.3 Adapter Power Supply
6.3 By Application
6.3.1 Diagnostic, Imaging, and Monitoring Equipment
6.3.2 Surgical Equipment
6.3.3 Home Medical Equipment
6.3.4 Other Applications
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.3 Asia Pacific
6.4.4 Latin America
6.4.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Delta Electronics Inc.
7.1.2 CUI Inc. (Bel Fuse Inc.)
7.1.3 Advanced Energy Industries Inc.
7.1.4 Globtek Inc.
7.1.5 Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd
7.1.6 Powerbox International AB
7.1.7 SL Industries Inc.
7.1.8 Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation
7.1.9 TDK-Lambda Corporation
7.1.10 XP Power
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Medical Power Supply Market Research FAQs
How big is the Global Medical Power Supply Market?
The Global Medical Power Supply Market size is expected to reach USD 1.23 billion in 2023 and grow at a CAGR of 6.5% to reach USD 1.68 billion by 2028.
What is the current Global Medical Power Supply Market size?
In 2023, the Global Medical Power Supply Market size is expected to reach USD 1.23 billion.
Who are the key players in Global Medical Power Supply Market?
Mean Well Enterprises Co. Ltd, Delta Electronics Inc., TDK-Lambda Corporation, Advanced Energy Industries Inc. and Spellman High Voltage Electronics Corporation are the major companies operating in the Global Medical Power Supply Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Medical Power Supply Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Medical Power Supply Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Global Medical Power Supply Market.
Global Medical Power Supply Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Global Medical Power Supply market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Global Medical Power Supply analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.