Media & Entertainment Industry Overview
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market:||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Media & Entertainment Market Analysis
Media & Entertainment Market Landscape is expected to register a CAGR of over 13% during the forecast period. The rapid evolution of technology has transformed the media and entertainment industry, along with the integration of new disruptors for generating profitable growth across the sector.
- The emergence of social media is disrupting the industry, and players in the traditional sector are switching towards digital platforms, thereby increasing their ad spending on digital media. The industry significantly benefitted from digital tools and platforms, facilitating efficient production, distribution, and consumption of content and revolutionizing market growth.
- AR and VR content has conquered all lights in the media and entertainment businesses as consumers today are catapulted into an environment with blurred borders between digital and augmented worlds. Artificial intelligence, machine learning, and natural language processing are equally effective in predicting user engagement with content to provide customized recommendations for improving content.
- With the emergence of digital behavior, subscription models play a primary role in monetizing the digital platform with evolving technologies, thereby creating opportunities for companies in the media and entertainment industry to achieve greater operational efficiencies.
- Also, smartphone penetration, low data tariff, and investments in original and regional digital content are favorable factors for digital access and content supply, respectively, for driving online consumption across the media & entertainment industry.
Media & Entertainment Industry Segments
With consumers becoming more digital, their media and entertainment consumption and purchase habits have also evolved from multi-tasking while watching TV to accessing information via multiple devices. This brings challenges and opportunities around the distribution and consumption of both print and digital content for companies across this industry. The user experience and their engagement with the media industry is still the primary business objective while investing in this sector. The industry is dominated by the broadcast sector, where television programs and commercials are the primary sources of revenue. The market is segmented by Type (Print Media, Digital Media, Streaming Media) and Geography (North America, Europe, Asia Pacific, Latin America, Middle East, and Africa).
The market sizes and forecasts are provided in terms of value (USD million) for all the above segments.
|Middle East & Africa|
Media & Entertainment Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Media & Entertainment Market according to our research experts:
Streaming Media Sector is Gaining Traction Due to Emergence of OTT Media Across Online Platform
- Several live-streaming virtual multichannel video programming distributors (MVPDs) have recently launched offerings with live networks and on-demand content.
- With consumers across all age groups streaming more content than ever, there is an ongoing dynamic shift from traditional pay TV to subscription-based paid streaming video services, along with the growth in the number of smartphone & tablet devices.
- The rising popularity of high-quality videos in terms of clarity is expected to boost the demand for better streaming media services. Furthermore, the OTT service providers such as Netflix and Amazon focus on providing 3D movies along with the increasing popularity of 4K UHD content will be the primary growth for global media and entertainment content, thereby influencing the market’s development positively.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America to Register the Largest Growth Region During the Forecast Period
- The North American media and entertainment industry is the largest growing industry that includes motion pictures, television programs & commercials, streaming content, music & audio recordings, broadcast, radio, and book publishing, and the evolving social media presence over the region.
- Integration of new OTT services across the already existing subscription-based streaming devices among the US household is expected to drive the media & entertainment sector across the region. For instance, In September this year, KAON, 3 Screen Solutions, and Green Streams together announced the launch of their new joint IPTV / OTT service platform product enabling Tier 2 and medium-sized providers to rapidly and economically deliver super-aggregated video services based on Android TV, Google’s increasingly popular Operating System, as well as all relevant Multiscreen platforms.
- Further, According to the American media measurement and analytics company comScore, Netflix captured 74% of the total penetration of US OTT households, followed by Youtube with 54% and Amazon with 33% penetration. Such high deployment of OTT services across the region is expected to drive the demand of the video & entertainment industry.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Media & Entertainment Market Competitor Analysis
The media & entertainment market landscape is highly competitive and consists of prominent players leading across the industry. Regarding market share, some of the major players currently dominate the market. However, with the advancement in emerging network technology (5G) across OTT services, new players are increasing their market presence, thereby expanding their business footprint across emerging economies.
- September 2022 - Alliance Entertainment announced its partnership with MUBI. The partnership will commence with the release of the feature films and reach premium film buyers in the US marketplace.
- August 2022 - Eros Media World PLC announced the strategic partnership with Arabia Pictures Group to capitalize on new opportunities and identify synergies to foster growth in the media and entertainment sector and business opportunities in the film production, technology, and Web3 space exclusively catering to the Indian entertainment industry.
Media & Entertainment Market Top Players
DreamWorks Animation SKG
Warner Media LLC
Walt Disney Company
Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Media & Entertainment Market Recent Developments
- October 2022 - Verbit Launched new superior ASR and hybrid options, reliable, flexible, and highly accurate automatic captioning products for the media industry to meet the unique and specific needs, demands, and expectations of today's broadcasters, networks, and content creators across the globe.
- April 2022 - HCL Technologies launched a media marketplace platform that will streamline the pre-production, production, and post-production processes of content creation and distribution by serving as the human-to-machine interface in developing software-defined workflows and providing a secure movement of digital assets from studio/set through telcos and carriers to private data centers, co-location providers, SaaS cloud-based tools and hyperscalers.
Media & Entertainment Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Growing Need for Fast Internet Connectivity With Ultra-Low Latency for OTT Media
4.2.2 Rising Application of Multimedia Services Across Emerging Economies
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Negative Statistics Due to the Regulatory Risks and Technological Changes
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.1.1 Print Media
220.127.116.11 Banner, Leaflets & Flyers
18.104.22.168 Other Print Medias
5.1.2 By Digital Media
22.214.171.124 Music & Radio
126.96.36.199 Electronic Signage
188.8.131.52 Mobile Advertising
184.108.40.206 Other Digital Media
5.1.3 By Streaming Media
220.127.116.11 OTT Streaming
18.104.22.168 Live Streaming
5.2 By Geography
5.2.1 North America
22.214.171.124 United States
126.96.36.199 United Kingdom
188.8.131.52 Rest of Europe
184.108.40.206 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East & Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 News Corporation
6.1.2 DreamWorks Animation SKG
6.1.3 Eros International PLC
6.1.4 Discovery Communications Inc.
6.1.5 Warner Media LLC
6.1.6 Comcast Corporation
6.1.7 Viacom Inc.
6.1.8 Walt Disney Company
6.1.9 Facebook, Inc.
6.1.10 Pearson PLC
6.1.11 Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA
6.1.12 Axel Springer SE
6.1.13 Ogilvy & Mather Pvt Ltd.
6.1.14 Dentsu Inc.
6.1.15 BBDO Worldwide
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Media & Entertainment Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Media & Entertainment Market market is studied from 2018 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Media & Entertainment Market?
The Media & Entertainment Market is growing at a CAGR of 13% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Media & Entertainment Market?
Asia Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Media & Entertainment Market?
North America holds highest share in 2022.
Who are the key players in Media & Entertainment Market?
DreamWorks Animation SKG, Warner Media LLC, Walt Disney Company, News Corporation, Bertelsmann SE & Co. KGaA are the major companies operating in Media & Entertainment Market.
Media & Entertainment Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Media & Entertainment sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Media & Entertainment research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Media & Entertainment report PDF.