Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Latin America’s glass packaging market is expected to grow at a CAGR of 4.4% during the forecast period. Due to Covid-19. some of the effects of lockdown include supply chain disruptions, lack of availability of raw materials used in the manufacturing process, labor shortages, fluctuating prices that could cause the production of the final product to inflate and go beyond budget, shipping problems, etc.
- Urbanization, changing consumer preferences, and growth in demand for beverages and alcoholic drinks have led to increase in demand for glass packaging solutions by manufacturers of these products. The market is expected to continue to witness moderate growth over the forecast period.
- Glass is one of the most preferred materials for packaging of food, beverages, pharmaceuticals, and personal care products. Properties like excellent barrier properties, sterility, and reusability make it a superior packaging material. The other major advantage of glass packaging is that it can be molded into various shapes and sizes, facilitating its use across different industry verticals.
- Even though glass remains the preferred packaging material for a variety of products, the growing usage of plastics as a replacement for glass will hamper the market growth. Advancements in the field of plastics for safe usage in different applications will restrict glass as a material for packaging.
- Latin America’s glass packaging market is segmented on the basis of product and end-user industry. Based on the product, the market is segmented into bottles, jars, vials, and others. Based on the end-user industry, the market is segmented into pharmaceuticals, medical, household care, personal care, agricultural, and others.
Scope of the report
Glass is one of the most preferred packaging materials for consumers who are concerned about their health and the environment. It is made from all-natural sustainable raw materials. Glass packaging preserves the product's taste or flavor and maintains the integrity or healthiness of food and beverages. Glass is considered “GRAS” or “generally recognized as safe” by the US Food and Drug Administration. It’s also 100% recyclable and can be reused endlessly with no loss in quality or purity.
|Rest of Latin America|
Key Market Trends
Rising Demand from the Beverage Market to Drive Market Demand
- The market for glass packaging, in the alcoholic beverage industry, is facing intense competition from the metal packaging segment, in the form of cans. However, it is expected to maintain its share during the forecast period, due to its usage in premium products. The growth is expected to be witnessed across different beverage products, like juices, coffee, tea, soups, non-dairy beverages, and others.
- Among alcoholic beverages, beer witnessed tremendous growth in the past few years. The majority of beer volume is sold in glass bottles and is driving the need for increased production rates in the glass packaging industry. The increasing demand for premium variants in alcoholic drinks is driving the growth of glass bottles. Developing nations, like India, are also showing much higher quality perception for beer.
- Returnable glass bottles are a cost-effective option for companies to deliver their products. This form of packaging is largely used in the non-alcoholic beverage industry. Currently, about 70% of the bottles used for natural mineral water are made of plastic. The choice for bottled-water packaging material is increasing, taking into account, environmental considerations.
- Further, the government in Brazil is playing a significant role in boosting local beer manufacturing. For instance, the Communist Party government collaborated with AmBev, the local subsidiary, and AB InBev, to launch Magnífica, a beer that is both sustainable and affordable.
- The supply chain of various industries, such as the beverage packaging industry, has been hit with the COVID-19 outbreak. Beverage companies such as Coca-Cola and Nestle have temporarily suspended production at several manufacturing facilities and are permitted to provide only essential beverages (bottled water, etc.) to consumers. All of this has significantly affected the beverage packaging industry, which is expected to restrain the market growth during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Personal Care Industries expected to Increase Demand Significantly
- One of the most used personal care range of products in glass packaging is the cosmetic packaging segment. This includes skincare products, hair care products, and perfumes. There is s growing demand for cosmetic products in glass packaging in the cosmetic industry. The trend is mostly significant in high-end luxury products due to the glass packaged products looking for elegeant and premium.
- Brazil has recently upsurged the demand for grooming and personalisation. Brazil has become the largest consumer of cosmetic products in Latin America, due to increase in the demand for men's grooming product along with woman centric products in the country.
- The increasing disposable income in the countries, like Brazil, is further adding to the demand for premium cosmetics products around the world. The cosmetics industry in this country is continuously expanding, and has placed itself as one of the fastest growing and most vibrant cosmetic industry across the world.
- The companies operating in the cosmetic packaging industry reflects the same increased trend for example, Verescence (formerly SGD) has sold its Brazilian subsidiary Verescence do Brasil to Wheaton Brasil Vidros, the leading producer of high-end glass packaging for the cosmetics, perfume and pharmacy markets in Brazil. Wheaton consolidates its position in the Brazilian market and becomes one of the world's leading glass manufacturers for the luxury sector.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The Latin America Glass Packaging Market is moderately fragmented with few dominant firms and few new firms in the market. The companies keep on innovating and netering into strategic partnetships in order to retain their market share.
- January 2021 - Reynolds Packaging announced the installation of another 59' long production line. This production line will be the workhorse of our pouch converting production. The dual unwind will allow nonstop production, 2 up production and produce packaging from paper, compostable and recyclable materials.
- April 2021 - Amcor Ltd announced is pleased a strategic investment in ePac Flexible Packaging, a leader in the high quality, short run length digital printing segment for flexible packaging. The investment will range between approximately $10 to $15 million, including a minority ownership interest in ePac Holdings LLC and funding for one or more ePac franchise site.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.2.1 Increasing Demand for Eco-friendly Products
4.2.2 Rising Demand from the Food and Beverage Market
4.3 Market Restraints
4.3.1 Rising Operational Costs
4.3.2 Growing Usage of Substitute Products (Plastic)
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.5 Technology Snapshot
4.6 Impact of Covid-19 on the Market
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 End-user Industry
5.1.3 Personal care
5.1.5 Household care
5.1.6 Other End-users
5.2.4 Rest of Latin America
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles*
6.1.1 Amcor Ltd.
6.1.2 Bemis Company, Inc.
6.1.3 Honeywell International, Inc.
6.1.4 MTS Medication Technologies
6.1.5 Reynolds Packaging
6.1.6 Sonoco Products Company
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The LA Glass Packaging Market market is studied from 2018 - 2026.
What is the growth rate of LA Glass Packaging Market?
The LA Glass Packaging Market is growing at a CAGR of 4.4% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in LA Glass Packaging Market?
Amcor Ltd., Honeywell International, Inc., Reynolds Packaging, Sonoco Products Company, Westpack are the major companies operating in LA Glass Packaging Market.