Japan Power EPC Industry Overview
|Study Period:||2019 - 2028|
|CAGR:||> 4.2 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Japan Power EPC Market Analysis
Japan's power EPC market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 4.2% during the forecast period. Covid-19 was first detected in Japan in early 2021; the country was under strict lockdown, drastically impacting the power EPC market. The market witnessed a decline due to the unavailability of a workforce, delays in funding, delays in the manufacturing of required products, and supply chain disruption. Factors such as increased investment in renewable energy are likely to propel the demand for power EPC in the forecast period. The high volatility of fuels such as coal and gas prices are anticipated to restrain the solar inverters market during the forecast period.
- The increased investment in renewable energy projects from private companies and supportive government policies are likely to boost the demand for power EPC services in Japan during the forecast period.
- Digitalization in the electricity sector in japan has witnessed significant growth in the last few years. Generation, distribution, consumption, and smart energy production are expected to have an enormous revolutionary change due to big data, IoT, cloud computing, and machine learning technologies. Resulting stable and reliable power supply, which is likely to provide a significant opportunity for the power EPC contractors
- Increased investment in smart grid deployment is anticipated to drive the power EPC market in the forecast period.
Japan Power EPC Industry Segments
The Scope of the Japan Power EPC Market includes:-
Japan Power EPC Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the Japan Power EPC Market according to our research experts:
Increased Investment in Renewable Energy Project
- Renewable power sources are gaining importance as clean energy sources in the country; Japan depends heavily on non-renewable energy sources, like coal and gas, for power generation. Renewable power provides energy security, not dependent on limited natural resources.
- In 2021, the renewable energy industry in Japan remained remarkably resilient. Rapid technology improvements, decreasing costs of renewable energy resources, and increased battery storage competitiveness have made renewables one of the most competitive energy sources in many areas.
- For instance, till 2020, the average yearly price of solar PV modules declined by about 73%. The residential solar system cost was around 280 JPY/W in 2012, reduced to 127 JPY/W in 2020.
- Furthermore, the government of Japan has set a net zero emission target to be achieved by 2050. The ambitious target has led to significantly increasing renewable energy projects in the country, and mainly, solar projects have witnessed significant investment in the last few years.
- For instance, in April 2022, Japanese utility Jera Co Inc and domestic renewable engineering firm West Holdings finalized a deal for developing and constructing at least 1 GW of solar projects on the local market. Under the agreement, the tie-up will install photovoltaic (PV) parks at new and former power plant sites owned by the Tokyo-based electric company, and the work will be carried out over four years.
- All these initiatives will likely boost the renewable energy project in the country in the near future, providing a significant opportunity for power EPC companies as the renewable energy projects are located in off-gride locations that need to be connected with the national grid. Hence the rise in solar energy projects would drive the power EPC market in Japan during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Increase Investment in Smart Grid Network
- In the last few years, there has been a rise in investment in smart grids; this can ascribe to the ageing grid network in Japan. Furthermore, Japan witnessed more earthquakes than other countries due to its location, affecting the power networks.
- According to Japan’s Infrastructure Ministry, the cost of maintaining and fixing old infrastructure could swell to YEN 5.5 trillion by 2023. Thus the government aims to deploy smart and advanced grid connections in the country, providing stable and reliable electricity all across the country.
- The Smart grid helps ensure the safer and more secure delivery of electricity. It provides foundations for new market structures and a higher quality of service to the customers. In addition, smart grids are the critical enablers of greenhouse gas (GHG) mitigation, as they increase the hosting capacity of renewable generation, improve asset utilization, and increase resiliency.
- Moreover, the electricity industry in Japan sees the smart grid as a suite of information-based applications made possible by increased automation of the electricity grid, as well as the underlying automation and communication infrastructure itself.
- Furthermore, after the Covid-19 pandemic, Japan witnesses a steady rise in demand for electricity in the country. In 2020 the country generated 997.0 terawatt-hours of electricity, and in 2021 it increased by 1019.7 terawatt-hours, which is 2.6% higher than in 2020.
- Further, due to advancements in technology used in manufacturing, the demand from the industrial and commercial sectors is likely to increase in the near future. all these sectors need a steady power supply, and a smart grid could play a vital role.
- Increased investment in the smart grid project would lead to higher demand for the power EPC services, fueling the power EPC market in Japan during the forecast period.
Japan Power EPC Market Competitor Analysis
Japan's power EPC market is moderately fragmented. Some of the key players in the market include SHIZEN ENERGY Inc., J-POWER, JUWI GmbH, Sumitomo Corporation, and Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation.
Japan Power EPC Market Top Players
SHIZEN ENERGY Inc.
Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Japan Power EPC Market Recent Developments
- In February 2022, Juwi Shizen Energy Inc. completed the construction of a large-scale solar power plant, the Sonnedix Sano plant, with a capacity of 41.6MW. The company was provided with the EPC contract for the project in Sano City, Tochigi Prefecture. Furthermore, the project also started its commercial operation.
- In November 2021, Toyo Engineering Corporation announced that it got a contract for a project to construct a 50 MW biomass power plant. The location of the plant is Tahara-shi, Aichi Prefecture. The company would provide project engineering, procurement, construction, and commissioning services. Further, the plant is expected to be operational by 2025.
Japan Power EPC Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Scope of Study
1.2 Market Definition
1.3 Study Assumptions
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET OVERVIEW
4.2 Market Size and Demand Forecast in USD million, till 2027
4.3 Recent Trends and Developments
4.4 Government Policies and Regulations
4.5 Market Dynamics
4.6 Supply Chain Analysis
4.7 PESTLE Analysis
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 Power Generation
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers & Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 SHIZEN ENERGY Inc.
6.3.3 JUWI GmbH
6.3.4 Sumitomo Corporation
6.3.5 Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation
6.3.6 Kansai Electric Power CO. INC.
6.3.7 Marubeni Corporation
6.3.9 JFE Technos Co.,
6.3.10 Pacifico Energy K.K.
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Japan Power EPC Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The Japan Power EPC Market is studied from 2019 - 2028.
What is the growth rate of Japan Power EPC Market?
The Japan Power EPC Market is growing at a CAGR of >4.2% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in Japan Power EPC Market?
SHIZEN ENERGY Inc., J-POWER, JUWI GmbH, Sumitomo Corporation, Toshiba Energy Systems & Solutions Corporation are the major companies operating in Japan Power EPC Market.
Japan Power EPC Industry Reports
In-depth industry statistics and market share insights of the Japan Power EPC sector for 2020, 2021, and 2022. The Japan Power EPC research report provides a comprehensive outlook of the market size and an industry growth forecast for 2023 to 2028. Available to download is a free sample file of the Japan Power EPC report PDF.