5th Floor, Brigade Towers,
Financial District, Gachibowli,
Hyderabad - 500032,
The Italy Crop Protection Market Report Analyses Latest Market Trends, Growth Drivers, Restraints, and Profiles of the Major Players. The Market is segmented by Origin (Synthetic and Bio-based), Type (Herbicides, Insecticides, Fungicides, and Other Pesticides), Application (Grains and Cereals, Pulses and Oilseeds, Fruits and Vegetables, Turf and Ornamental, and Other Applications).
· The crop protection chemical market in Italy is projected to witness a CAGR of 3.5% during the forecast period (2020-2025). As per the analysis, Italy accounted for 9.4% of the total crop protection chemical sales in Europe as of 2019. By application, the crop-based segment holds the largest market share, with the oilseeds sub-segment expected to register the fastest growth over the forecast period.
· In Italy, chemical residues on food were about five times lower than the European average. Italy is relatively stricter about the use of chemical fertilizers than the other European countries. For instance, the ban on the use of Glyphosate in areas frequented by the public or by vulnerable groups, including children and the elderly in 2017, was a major step toward the increase of toxin-free crops in the country. Thus, the major companies are shifting focus on organic or bio-based crop protection solutions.
· In 2017, the total area under vines in the European Union was 3.2 million hectare, where Italy garnered around 20.1% of the total area under vines. In Italy, under the increasing pressure of mealy bugs, 12 treatments per season are being recorded for traditional varieties grown under conventional management.
· This growing concern for more sustainable vineyard management is among the reasons of the fast growth of organic wine production, thus, promoting the usage of botanical pesticides, such as pyrethrin, azadirachtin, and Spinosad, in the country.
The market is segmented by origin (synthetic and bio-based), type (herbicides, insecticides, fungicides, and other pesticides), application (grains and cereals, pulses and oilseeds, fruits and vegetables, commercial crops, and other applications).
|Synthetic Crop Protection Chemicals|
|Bio-based Crop Protection Chemicals|
|Other Product Groups|
|Grains and Cereals|
|Oilseeds and Pulses|
|Fruits and Vegetables|
|Turf and Ornamental|
Report scope can be customized per your requirements. Click here.
In many OECD countries, such as Italy, farmers are faced with consumers who are skeptical about the sustainability of modern farming systems. Farmers are sensitive to these concerns, and most of them are actively involved in various strategies to achieve greater agricultural sustainability. The use of pesticides has been reduced dramatically, and the use of integrated crop protection methods has increased. The companies with innovative strategies are developing products in all the areas of pesticides that have the potential to reduce the environmental impact of farming systems. However, modern farms and agricultural operations work far differently than those practiced previously, primarily because of advancements in technology, including sensors, devices, machines, and information technology. The use of agricultural robots, temperature, and moisture sensors, aerial images, and GPS technology is gaining momentum in the country. Because of these innovations of modern agriculture, new tools, such as precision applicators, advanced spray nozzles, and data analytics, help farmers use pesticides in the most efficient manner possible. Consequently, this efficient use of pesticides is aiding the growth of the market, as growers can now measure the number of pesticides required and avoid the use of toxic amounts.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
There is a decline in arable land across the country, including the major farmland-based states of Puglia, Sicily, and Calabria. According to a report by the World Bank, in 2016, arable land as a share of land area for Italy was 22.4 %. Arable land as a share of the land area of Italy fell gradually from 42.1 % in 1967 to 22.4 % in 2016. It is estimated to decrease further in the near future. Many factors, such as climate change, the outbreak of pests, and the lack of investments, make it challenging to produce enough food. Hence, to meet the increasing food demand, the production of crops, such as cereals and pulses, needs to increase despite the limited availability of arable land. The availability of efficient and eco-friendly crop protection chemicals is, thus, a vital part of sustainable agriculture in the country, amidst the shrinking arable land area.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report.
The crop protection chemicals market in Italy is consolidated, with major players, including Syngenta AG, Bayer CropScience AG, Corteva Agri Science, BASF SE, and UPL Limited, having accounted for more than 50% share in the global market. New product launches, mergers and acquisitions, and partnerships are the major strategies adopted by these leading companies in the market. These companies are also focusing on making an investment in innovations, collaborations, and expansions, in order to increase their market share.
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Market Drivers
4.3 Market Restraints
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1.1 Synthetic Crop Protection Chemicals
5.1.2 Bio-based Crop Protection Chemicals
5.2 Product Group
5.2.4 Other Product Groups
5.3.1 Grains and Cereals
5.3.2 Oilseeds and Pulses
5.3.3 Fruits and Vegetables
5.3.4 Turf and Ornamental
5.3.5 Other Applications
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Most Adopted Competitor Strategies
6.2 Market Share Analysis
6.3 Company Profiles
6.3.1 Bayer CropScience AG
6.3.2 BASF SE
6.3.3 Corteva AG
6.3.4 Adama Agricultural Solutions Ltd
6.3.5 Syngenta AG
6.3.6 UPL Ltd
6.3.7 Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd
6.3.8 Chemia SPA
6.3.9 XEDA Italia
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS