|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Vehicle Type:||Commercial Vehicles|
|Fastest Growing by Vehicle Type:||Passenger Vehicles|
The Italy Automotive Engine Oils Market is at 144.93 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 2.06% to reach 160.48 million liters in 2026. In 2020, the average mileage of motorcycles was significantly affected by the COVID-19 pandemic. This trend decreased engine oil change requirements and caused a near 14% volume decline in engine oil consumption, compared to 2019.
- Largest Segment by Vehicle Type - Commercial Vehicles : The large engine sizes of commercial vehicles (CVs) result in high engine oil volumes requirements. Hence, CVs are the dominant lubricant-consuming vehicle type in Italy.
- Fastest Segment by Vehicle Type - Passenger Vehicles : The scrappage policy adopted by the Spanish government in 2020 is likely to boost the sales of new cars, thereby increasing engine oil consumption in passenger vehicles.
Scope of the Report
|By Vehicle Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Vehicle Type : Commercial Vehicles
- In Italy, engine oils segment accounted for the major share of automotive lubricant demand of about 65.27% during 2020. However, the growth of engine oil consumption in Italy during the period was unstable due to the volatile trend in the annual mileage of passenger vehicles in Italy.
- In 2020, the COVID-19 outbreak had resulted in a massive decline in the existing vehicle fleet activity, which subsequently delayed service intervals. As a result, engine oil consumption in the country decreased by around 14.05%.
- Despite the expected recovery in sales and production in the automotive industry, the increasing penetration of electric vehicles is likely to have a marginally negative impact on engine oil consumption. Overall, engine oil consumption is expected to record a CAGR of 2.06% during 2021-2026.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Italy Automotive Engine Oils Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 70.03%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Eni SpA, PETRONAS Lubricants International, Q8Oils and Royal Dutch Shell Plc (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerships with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- April 2021: FUCHS Lubricants unveiled TITAN GT1 FLEX C23 SAE 5W-30, a new high-performance engine oil for use in passenger cars and vans.
- April 2021: Motul launched two engine oils, namely CLASSIC EIGHTIES 10W-40 and CLASSIC NINETIES 10W-30, for classic cars manufactured between the 1970s and 2000s.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Vehicle Type
4.1.1 Commercial Vehicles
4.1.3 Passenger Vehicles
4.2 By Product Grade
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.1 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.2 Eni SpA
5.3.3 ExxonMobil Corporation
5.3.5 LIQUI MOLY
5.3.7 PETRONAS Lubricants International
5.3.9 Royal Dutch Shell Plc
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
VEHICLE POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, ITALY, 2015 - 2026
COMMERCIAL VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, ITALY, 2015 - 2026
MOTORCYCLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, ITALY, 2015 - 2026
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, ITALY, 2015 - 2026
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2015-2026
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, 2015-2026
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, COMMERCIAL VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, MOTORCYCLES, 2015-2026
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOTORCYCLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, PASSENGER VEHICLES, 2015-2026
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, PASSENGER VEHICLES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT GRADE, 2020
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
ITALY AUTOMOTIVE ENGINE OILS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms