|Study Period:||2015 - 2026|
|Largest Share by Product Type:||Engine Oils|
|Fastest Growing by Product Type:||Transmission Oils|
The Italy Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is at 102.01 million liters in 2021 and is projected to register a CAGR of 3.59% to reach 121.70 million liters in 2026. In 2020, post the COVID-19 outbreak, the usage of passenger cars in the country significantly dropped, subsequently affecting the service and lubricant change requirements for a considerable period.
- Largest Segment by Product Type - Engine Oils : Engine oil is the leading product type due to its high volume requirements and low drain intervals. It is used for high-temperature and high-pressure applications.
- Fastest Segment by Product Type - Transmission Oils : In Italy, the increase in the usage and production of passenger vehicles, post 2020, is likely to drive their demand for transmission oils during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
|By Product Type|
Key Market Trends
Largest Segment By Product Type : Engine Oils
- During 2015-2019, lubricant consumption volume in passenger vehicles in Italy experienced volatile growth rates. Although passenger vehicle population during this period witnessed a consistent increase, the production output was unstable, which in turn caused fluctuations in the demand for lubricants.
- In 2020, post the COVID-19 outbreak, the usage of passenger cars in the country significantly dropped, subsequently affecting the service and lubricant change requirements for a considerable period. As a result, lubricant consumption dropped by around 19.08% compared to 2019.
- Though passenger vehicle sales in the country have been showing healthy recovery from the end of 2020, production uncertainties and resurgence of COVID-19-related concerns are estimated to impact lubricant demand in 2021. This demand is projected to bounce back from 2022.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
The Italy Passenger Vehicles Lubricants Market is fairly consolidated, with the top five companies occupying 87.28%. The major players in this market are BP PLC (Castrol), Eni SpA, PETRONAS Lubricants International, Q8Oils and Royal Dutch Shell (sorted alphabetically).
- June 2021: TotalEnergies and Stellantis group renewed their partnership for cooperation across different segments. Along with the renewal of partnerhips with Peugeot, Citroën, and DS Automobiles, the new collaboration extends to Opel, and Vauxhall as well. This partnership includes the development and innovation of lubricants, first-fill in Stellantis group vehicles, recommendation of Quartz lubricants, and shared usage of charging stations operated by TotalEnergies, among others.
- June 2021: Champion Lubricants formed a partnership with FIA World Rallycross Championship, where the company is expected to provide its lubricant products until 2021.
- May 2021: Ravenol planned to supply lubricants in the DTM Trophy series. Its logo is expected to appear on the GT sports cars under a multi-year deal between Ravensberger Schmierstoffvertrieb GmbH and the DTM organization, ITR.
Table of Contents
1. Executive Summary & Key Findings
2.1 Study Assumptions & Market Definition
2.2 Scope of the Study
2.3 Research Methodology
3. Key Industry Trends
3.1 Automotive Industry Trends
3.1.1 Passenger Vehicles
3.2 Regulatory Framework
3.3 Value Chain & Distribution Channel Analysis
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Product Type
4.1.1 Engine Oils
4.1.3 Hydraulic Fluids
4.1.4 Transmission Oils
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Key Strategic Moves
5.2 Market Share Analysis
5.3 Company Profiles
5.3.2 BP PLC (Castrol)
5.3.3 Eni SpA
5.3.4 Exxon Mobil Corporation
5.3.7 PETRONAS Lubricants International
5.3.9 Ra.M.Oil SpA
5.3.10 Royal Dutch Shell
6.1 Appendix-1 References
6.2 Appendix-2 List of Tables & Figures
7. Key Strategic Questions for Lubricants CEOs
List of Tables & Figures
PASSENGER VEHICLES POPULATION, NUMBER OF UNITS, ITALY, 2015 - 2026
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2015-2026
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY PRODUCT TYPE, 2020
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, ENGINE OILS, 2015-2026
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, ENGINE OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, GREASES, 2015-2026
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, GREASES, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, 2015-2026
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, HYDRAULIC FLUIDS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, VOLUME IN LITERS, TRANSMISSION OILS, 2015-2026
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, TRANSMISSION OILS, VOLUME SHARE (%), BY VEHICLE TYPE, 2020
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ACTIVE COMPANIES, BY NUMBER OF STRATEGIC MOVES, 2018 - 2021
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET, MOST ADOPTED STRATEGIES, 2018 - 2021
ITALY PASSENGER VEHICLES LUBRICANTS MARKET SHARE(%), BY MAJOR PLAYERS, 2019
- Vehicle Types - Passenger Vehicles, Commercial Vehicles and Motorcycles are the vehicle types considered under the automotive lubricants market.
- Product Types - For the purpose of this study, lubricant products such as engine oils, transmission oils, greases and hydraulic fluids are taken into consideration.
- Service Refill - Service refill is the primary factor considered while accounting the lubricant consumption for each of the vehicle segments, under the study.
- Factory Fill - First lubricant fill-ups for newly produced vehicles are considered.
Mordor Intelligence follows a four-step methodology in all our reports.
- Step-1: Identify Key Variables: The quantifiable key variables (industry and extraneous) pertaining to the specific product segment and country are selected from a group of relevant variables & factors based on desk research & literature review; along with primary expert inputs. These variables are further confirmed through regression modeling (wherever required).
- Step-2: Build a Market Model: In order to build a robust forecasting methodology, the variables and factors identified in Step-1 are tested against available historical market numbers. Through an iterative process, the variables required for market forecast are set and the model is built on the basis of these variables.
- Step-3: Validate and Finalize: In this important step, all market numbers, variables and analyst calls are validated through an extensive network of primary research experts from the market studied. The respondents are selected across levels and functions to generate a holistic picture of the market studied.
- Step-4: Research Outputs: Syndicated Reports, Custom Consulting Assignments, Databases & Subscription Platforms