Irrigation Valves Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Irrigation Valves Market Analysis
The Irrigation Valves Market is expected to register a CAGR of 7.1% over the forecast period. Furthermore, increasing preference for endurable and eco-friendly practices in agriculture and increasing population are the primary drivers of this market growth. In August 2022, a Special Food Processing Fund of USD 242.72 million was set up with National Bank for Agriculture and Rural Development to provide appropriate credit for investments in setting up Mega Food Parks (MFP) and processing units in the MFPs.
- Irrigation Valves control the rate of water flow in an irrigation system. This is achieved by maintaining water pressure to either increase or decrease the speed at which it flows through a pipe. They control this limit using valves inside them, allowing for high-volume discharges with minimum user effort.
- The growing need for water conservation, increasing demand for food crops, and support from various government initiatives further drive market growth. Furthermore, in November 2022, the Central government added a few more objectives in Pradhan Mantri Krishi Sinchayee Yojana (PMKSY) for agriculture & irrigation. The goals include the Convergence of investments in irrigation at the field level, Expanding cultivable area under assured irrigation, Enhancing adoption of other water-saving technologies (More crops per drop), Enhance the adoption of precision irrigation, Improving on-farm water use efficiency to decrease wastage of water, Attract more excellent private investment in the precision irrigation system and many more.
- Technological developments in the agricultural sector may further fuel demand in the studied market. In October 2022, Rivulis India launched a unique tool to help Indian farmers make informed decisions about irrigation essentials in their fields. This tool is free for customers and available in the Indian vernacular language for farmers.
- Furthermore, increasing the agricultural land under cultivation will significantly expand the demand for irrigation valves to monitor crops easily. Moreover, China has the most significant area equipped for irrigation, as the area under arable land accounted for 118.9 thousand hectares. Agriculture contributes approximately 3.4% to China's GDP. Farming accounts for about 65% of water use in China. It is also Iis one of the highest producers and consumers of water-intensive crops, such as rice and corn.
- Furthermore, in January 2022, the U.S. Department of Agriculture NRCS announced several recent and expanded opportunities for climate-smart agriculture in the country. NRCS further collaborated with Farmers For Soil Health, the United Soybean Board initiative, the National Corn Growers Association, and the National Pork Board. Farmers For Soil Health works to advance soil health practices, mainly covering crops on corn and soybean farms. The initiative aims to double the farming of soybean and corn using cover crops to 30 million acres by 2030.
- However, the supply chain systems were affected due to the COVID-19 epidemic since many essential equipment and supplies are heavily dependent on imports from other nations. Furthermore, the religious obligation of government authorities to follow social distance rules lets firms operate with the minimum level of workers, causing a reduction in the industrial output rate in the irrigation valve market. Furthermore, the studied market is anticipated to grow as the government invests more to boost the agriculture sector.
Irrigation Valves Market Trends
Ball Valves Expected to Hold Significant Market
- A ball valve is a shut-off valve that obstructs, permits, and controls the flow of gases, liquids, and vapors in a piping system by turning the ball having a bore inside the valve. The ball is scaled against two seats and has a shaft linking it to the operating and control mechanism, which rotates it. Furthermore, ball valves are simple and require less maintenance than other valves. Because the ball valve stems turn without axial direction, the packing seal on the valve stem does not quickly wear or fail. These are easy to disassemble and repair, and worn parts can be easily replaced, which may further drive the demand for the studied market growth.
- These valves are mainly used in a garden to meet various watering needs. These valves can also be attached to garden hoses, watering tools, sprinkler lines, or faucets. The farmers are also motivated to grow crops that consume less water. They are pushed to adopt the irrigation valve method, which leads to the right amount of water consumed while maintaining groundwater levels. Further, in April 2022, the Flomatic Valves announced the Model 408S6 ball check valve in a complete 316 stainless steel eight design, primarily used in wastewater treatment.
- Furthermore, in June 2022, GF piping systems announced the Ball Valve 543, a durable and flexible solution for mixing and distribution in applications ranging from water cures to complex chemical and pharmaceutical processes. Building on this successful design, the company introduced the Ball Valve 543 Pro, which improves usability and adds sensors and actuators that offer new possibilities in various non-agricultural applications.
- Moreover, the rapid loss of water supplies in most parts of the world has raised serious concerns about global agricultural development. As a result, demand for water-saving agricultural and irrigation systems rises, which may drive demand for the studied market even further.
Asia Pacific to Experience Significant Market Growth
- Agriculture has remained one of the highest-earning sectors of the region. Irrigation has made large-scale agriculture more streamlined and accessible and has increased production efficiency with every new farming innovation.
- According to IBEF, India is a prominent player in the agriculture sector globally, and it is the immediate source of livelihood for about 58% of India's population. India has the world's largest area planted for wheat, rice, and cotton. This further increases the demand for Irrigation Valves to protect and maintain proper crop water supply.
- Furthermore, the rapid population expansion in India is the main factor driving the agriculture industry in the region. Furthermore, According to Inc42, the Indian agricultural sector is predicted to increase to USD 24 billion by 2025.
- The government's initiative and investment policies in the agriculture sector may further fuel the demand for irrigation valves in the region. Furthermore, the Indian government approved a PLI scheme for the food processing sector with an incentive outlay of INR 10,900 crore (USD 1,484 million) for six years from 2022. Moreover, in October 2022, Prime Minister Mr. Narendra Modi inaugurated PM Kisan Samman Sammelan 2022 and released PM-KISAN Funds worth INR 16,000 crore (USD 1.93 billion). In addition, they further launched 35 crop varieties with unique traits such as climate resilience and higher nutrient content.
- In addition, in September 2022, the Odisha government approved multiple projects, estimated at around INR 2,500 crore (USD 30.309 billion), and are likely to irrigate an additional 70,000 hectares in the districts. It further approved INR 634 crore (USD 7.63 billion) pressurized underground pipeline (UHPL) irrigation network system for the left command of the Lower Suktel irrigation project with a distribution network, which would create irrigation potential in 13,000 hectares in Balangir district.
Irrigation Valves Industry Overview
The Irrigation Valves Market is moderately competitive and consists of some influential players. Regarding market share, some of these essential actors currently manage the market. These significant players with a noticeable share in the market are concentrating on developing their customer base across foreign countries. The businesses are leveraging strategic collaborative actions to improve their market percentage and enhance profitability.
In November 2022, Fitok group introduced the FITOK BGP series 3-piece high purity ball valves and the BRP series hex bar high purity ball valves to meet the necessities of degreasing, low working pressure, high flow rate, and bi-directional flow for clean, dry air (CDA) and bulk gas allotment lines, which are widely utilized in the specialty gas, semiconductor, and chemical industries.
In July 2022, Lumo, a new Agtech company focused on water sustainability, announced that it raised USD 2.1 million in pre-seed funding and plans to allocate funds toward commercializing its irrigation technology. The system offers a first-of-its-kind wireless, cloud-managed water valve network that will allow growers to optimize water use to enhance crop quality and decrease overhead costs.
Irrigation Valves Market Leaders
Ace Pump Corporation
Bermad CS Ltd
Elysee Rohrsysteme GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Irrigation Valves Market News
- February 2023: Toro Ag launched a unique standard for valve performance with the new Toro-900 Series Valve. The 900 Series Valve, supported by an innovative, patent-pending valve seat design, provides growers with a reliable and efficient foundation for irrigation system control while also providing designers with flexible valve sizing to fit a wide range of applications.
- April 2022: Viridis Ltd. announced the launch of its most advanced Precision Irrigation System. Viridix's Gen3 new system connects with remote monitoring and irrigation control solutions, creating a groundbreaking self-sufficient irrigation solution.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Threat of Substitutes
4.2.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Rising Support from Various Government Initiatives
5.1.2 Technological Advancement in Agricultural Techniques
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Higher Costs Associated with the Products
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Material Type
6.1.1 Metal Valves
6.1.2 Plastic Valves
6.2 By Valve Type
6.2.1 Ball Valve
6.2.2 Butterfly Valve
6.2.3 Globe Valve
6.2.4 Automatic Valves
6.3 By Application
6.4 By Geography
6.4.1 North America
6.4.4 Middle-East and Africa
6.4.5 South America
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Ace Pump Corporation
7.1.2 Bermad CS Ltd
7.1.3 Elysee Rohrsysteme GmbH
7.1.4 Hunter Industries
7.1.5 Nelson Irrigation
7.1.7 Raven Industries
7.1.8 Comer Spa
7.1.9 Tecnidro Srl
7.1.10 Fluidra S.A (Capex)
7.1.11 Rivulis Irrigation
7.1.13 TeeJet Technologies
7.1.14 Toro Company
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. FUTURE OF THE MARKET
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the current Irrigation Valves Market size?
The Irrigation Valves Market is projected to register a CAGR of 7.10% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Irrigation Valves Market?
Ace Pump Corporation, Bermad CS Ltd, Elysee Rohrsysteme GmbH, Hunter Industries and Nelson Irrigation are the major companies operating in the Irrigation Valves Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Irrigation Valves Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Irrigation Valves Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in Irrigation Valves Market.
What years does this Irrigation Valves Market cover?
The report covers the Irrigation Valves Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Irrigation Valves Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Irrigation Valves Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Irrigation Valves market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Irrigation Valves analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029) and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.