Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market Size
|Study Period||2018 - 2028|
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Fastest Growing Market||Asia Pacific|
|Largest Market||North America|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market Analysis
The industrial wireless transmitter market was valued at 2.76 billion in the previous year and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 6.64% during the forecast period to become 3.99 billion by the next five years. With the advent of Industry 4.0 policies, wireless sensing and IoT solutions are increasingly used worldwide in several industrial applications. Many modern manufacturers believe wireless solutions are one of the best technology adoptions in the manufacturing space and establishments in the past decade and provide vast scope for increased adoption.
- There are now more intelligent devices being used in plants. These tools allow managers and supervisors to assess staff and equipment performance from any location. As a result of these modifications, the system now requires the integration of wireless transmitters.
- In industrial automation, wireless communication networks connect factory floor robots to improve productivity and communication. The growing trend of 5G adoption in this sector is anticipated to further increase demand for wireless communication equipment, and vendors in the market are developing innovative solutions in this area.
- Due to several advancements in wireless technology, the usage of wireless transmitters for industrial applications rose. This market aimed to remotely control and automate the production process. As a cost- and safety-saving measure, this was done.
- Wireless local area networks (WLANs) use radio waves rather than wires to transmit and receive data. Due to the lack of a physical barrier, WLANs are susceptible to unauthorized monitoring, eavesdropping, hacking, and other cybersecurity challenges, which could impede industry expansion.
- COVID-19 negatively affected the market for industrial wireless transmitters. Due to lockdowns, the manufacturing industry faced shutdowns, which resulted in a shortage of transmitter supply across the industries.
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market Trends
Energy and Power is expected to hold a Significant Share
- The energy and electricity sector is the primary end-user group for industrial wireless transmitters. Due to the high deployment rate of wireless solutions, such as wireless sensor networks (WSN), etc., and their ease of installation even in difficult-to-reach locations, wireless transmitters are widely used in the industry.
- Unlike wired transmitters, wired transmitters do not require any signal wiring to return to a corresponding wireless gateway. The use of battery-powered transmitter modules eliminated the requirement for power wiring in recent years. Modern wireless transmitters can be deployed anywhere to monitor almost anything because of their flexibility.
- In the case of the power and energy sector, numerous pieces of equipment, including steam traps, heat exchangers, pumps, compressors, and pressure relief valves, which were previously difficult to monitor and frequently expensive to maintain using wired technology, can now be equipped with wireless transmitters.
- Wireless transmitters in far-off places such as offshore oil and gas platforms, wellheads, pumping stations, pipelines, and oil terminals grew. It allows the technicians to hardwire this equipment to a local control and monitoring system or a long-distance wireless transmission system and then link it to a gateway.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
North America is Expected to Hold a Major Share
- Demand for wireless transmitters is mainly driven by North America's high manufacturing activity, which contributes more than 23% of the region's gross domestic product (GDP). Almost all end-user verticals contain a clear prognosis for the area. The region's primary sources of demand for industrial-grade wireless transmitters are expected to be energy, power, and industrial automation.
- Due to the use of automation, robots, the Internet of Things, and other connected solutions in the industrial sector, the region is anticipated to include a significant market share throughout the projected period.
- A surge in shale gas exploration and refining activities is predicted to significantly impact the wireless transmitter market. Wireless transmitters are used in the shale gas industry to track oil and gas flow, oil tanker levels, and pressure during oil extraction. As a result, they are essential in controlling resource movement and storage. As shale gas extraction in North America receives more attention, this industry is projected to use wireless transmitters more frequently.
- The number of smart devices used in manufacturing facilities expanded across the region due to these tools' ability to let managers and supervisors assess the performance of workers and equipment from any location. As a result of these modifications, the system now requires the integration of wireless transmitters.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Industry Overview
The industrial wireless transmitter market is highly competitive and includes several major players. Many companies are increasing their market presence by securing contracts and introducing new products or services.
- March 2023- Honeywell International Inc introduced its Versatilis Transmitters for condition-based monitoring of rotating equipment such as pumps, motors, compressors, fans, blowers, and gearboxes. Honeywell Versatilis Transmitters provide relevant measurements of rotating equipment, delivering intelligence that can improve safety, availability, and reliability across industries.
- June 2022- SIEMENS Corporation announced an investment to advance wireless charging for electric vehicles. Businesses will collaborate in WiTricity to push for adopting open, interoperable standards and fill in the inconsistencies in the international standardization of wireless charging for electric passenger and light-duty commercial vehicles. It will promote infrastructure interoperability and market adoption.
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market Leaders
Emerson Electric Company
Honeywell International Inc.
Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
Adcon Telemetry GmbH
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market News
- August 2022: Siemens and MAHLE signed a letter of intent for wireless charging of electric vehicle companies. The companies intend to work together to close gaps in the standardization of inductive charging systems, and plans include technical collaboration and joint interoperability tests.
- May 2022: Honeywell International Inc launched its real-time location solution (RTLS) to help drive safety and security and boost workforce efficiency. Honeywell’s Safety Watch uses active wireless tags integrated into employee badges and Honeywell’s OneWirelessmulti-protocol infrastructure. The infrastructure supports other applications such as instrumentation, control, and mobile devices.
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET INSIGHTS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Technology Overview
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.3.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 COVID-19 Influence on the Market
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Growing Adoption of IoT in Industrial Space
5.1.2 Proliferation of Industrial Control Systems
5.2 Market Restraints
5.2.1 Security Challenges of Wireless Communication
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1.1 General Purpose
6.1.2 Level Transmitters
6.1.3 Pressure Transmitters
6.1.4 Temperature Transmitters
6.1.5 Flow Transmitters
6.1.6 Other Types
6.2 End User
6.2.1 Energy and Power
6.2.2 Food and Agriculture
6.2.3 Industrial Automation
6.2.4 Water and waste water Treatment
6.2.5 Other End-users
6.3.1 North America
6.3.3 Asia Pacific
6.3.4 Middle East & Africa
6.3.5 Latin America
7. COMPETITIVE INTELLIGENCE
7.1 Company Profiles
7.1.1 Emerson Electric Company
7.1.2 Honeywell International Inc.
7.1.3 Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.4 Adcon Telemetry GmbH
7.1.5 OleumTech Corporation
7.1.6 Inovonics Corporation
7.1.7 Cooper Industries Inc. (Eaton Corporation PLC)
7.1.8 Phoenix Contact
7.1.9 Ascom Wireless Solutions AG
7.1.10 Siemens Corporation
7.1.11 Schneider Electric Corporation
7.1.12 Keri Systems Inc.
- *List Not Exhaustive
8. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
9. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market Research FAQs
What is the current Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market size?
The Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market is projected to register a CAGR of 6.64% during the forecast period (2023-2028).
Who are the key players in Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market?
Emerson Electric Company, Honeywell International Inc., Rohde & Schwarz GmbH & Co. KG, Adcon Telemetry GmbH and OleumTech Corporation are the major companies operating in the Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2023-2028).
Which region has the biggest share in Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market?
In 2023, the North America accounts for the largest market share in the Industrial Wireless Transmitter Market.
Industrial Wireless Transmitter Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 Industrial Wireless Transmitter market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Industrial Wireless Transmitter analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.