Whey is a liquid material procured from manufacturing of cheese. It is a mixture of beta-lactoglobulin, immunoglobins, bovine serum albumin and alpha-lactalbumin. Whey protein can be of three primary types: whey protein concentrate (WPC), whey protein isolate (WPI) and hydrolyzed whey protein (HWP). It has come a long way from being a by-product to becoming one of the highly sophisticated industries functioning in food/food derivatives segment today.
Indonesia is a niche market for Whey protein. Undefined regulatory guidelines and lack of awareness among the consumers restricted the market growth in the country. Though a small segment of population showed interest towards functional foods and infant formula, owing to increased disposable incomes, as a whole, the majority middle class population stayed away from the supplemented diets due to their higher price tags. Indonesia constituted XX% of the Whey protein market within Asia Pacific region. However, higher consumptions of Whey protein was witnessed in the region from younger populations involved in physique and fitness activity, in turn driving the market towards growth.
Fonterra, Glanbia Nutritionals, Hershey Foods, Namyang Dairy, Unilever are some major players in the industry. Their product portfolio, research & development, strategic initiatives and commitment towards meeting consumer's demands play a major role maintaining market stability.
In this report we offer,
- Market Definition for the specified topic along with identification of key drivers and restraints for the market.
- Market analysis for the Indonesia Whey Protein Market, with region specific assessments and competition analysis on a global and a regional scale.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenarios, rising prospective opportunities and identification of key companies, which can influence the market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their share of markets.
- Identification and analysis of the Macro and Micro factors that affect the Indonesia Whey Protein market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
Why should you buy this report?
- For getting a comprehensive overview of the Indonesia Whey Protein market.
- To gain wide-ranging information about the major players in this industry and the strategies adopted by them.
- To gain an insight about the major countries/regions in which this industry is blooming and also identify the regions, which are untapped.
1.1 Research Methodology
1.2 Definition of the Market
1.3 Report Description
2. Key findings of the study
3. Market Dynamics
3.1.1 Demand for dietary population for supplements
3.1.2 Rising demand for functional foods & beverages
3.1.3 Increasing influence of the western culture in health & wellness
3.1.4 Increased demand of recombined/pediatric milk segments in developing countries
3.2.1 High Production cost
3.2.2 Health/safety concerns when use is not regulated
3.2.3 Undefined regulatory guidelines
3.3.1 Increasing Prescription of supplements by doctors
3.3.2 Higher scope of application in personal care and sports nutrition
3.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
3.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
3.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
3.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
3.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
3.4.5 Degree of Competition
4. Market Segmentation
4.1 By Type
4.1.1 Whey Protein Concentrate (WPC)
4.1.2 Whey Protein Isolate (WPI)
4.1.3 Hydrolyzed Whey Protein (HWP)
4.2 By Application
4.2.1 Functional Foods
22.214.171.124 Infant Formula
126.96.36.199 Dairy Products
4.2.2 Functional Beverages
188.8.131.52 Wine Whey
4.2.3 Dietary Supplements
5. Competitive Landscape
5.1 Mergers & Acquisitions
5.2 Joint Ventures
5.3 New Product Launches
5.4 Most active companies in the past five years
5.5 Market Share Analysis
6. Company Profiles
6.1 Glabina nutritionals
6.2 Meiji Milk Products Co ltd
6.3 Namyang Dairy
6.4 Seoul Dairy
6.5 Bright Dairy
6.6 Mengniu Dairy Group Ice Cream Plant
6.10 Hershey Foods