India Industrial Lubricants Market Size
|Base Year For Estimation||2022|
|Forecast Data Period||2023 - 2028|
|Historical Data Period||2018 - 2021|
|CAGR||> 4.00 %|
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
India Industrial Lubricants Market Analysis
During the time frame of the forecast, the Indian industrial lubricants market is expected to register a CAGR of more than 4%.
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak, the manufacturing industry was severely affected, which resulted in a decrease in the usage of lubricants in 2020. However, with the recovery of many construction projects and other industrial activities, the market has seen a recovery phase in the year 2021 and is expected to see a positive trend in the forecasted years. An increase in automotive sales and engineering goods has been leading the market recovery over the last two years.
- The major factors driving the growth of the market studied are rising demand from the wind energy sector and the "Make in India" initiative, which is expanding the industrial base in India.
- On the flip side, the increased environmental pollution that is leading to growing industrial regulations is expected to hinder the growth of the market studied.
Factors, such as the growing mining operations and the robust growth of the construction industry, are likely to provide opportunities for the market studied during the forecast period.
India Industrial Lubricants Market Trends
Heavy Equipment Segment to Dominate the Market Demand
- In the construction, mining, and agricultural industries, lubricants are useful for preventing premature failure and the performance decline of heavy equipment.
- According to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, in FY21, India’s heavy electrical equipment production stood at INR 168,949 crores (USD 21.15 billion). The electrical equipment market is forecasted to grow and reach USD 72 billion by 2025, up from USD 48–50 billion in 2021. The electrical equipment export market is forecasted to reach USD 13 billion by 2025, up from USD 8.62 billion in 2021.
- The metalworking activities in the country witnessed a resurge in 2021, with the lockdown measures being gradually relaxed and state and local governments focusing on domestic manufacturing.
- Indian machine tool production and consumption were estimated at INR 6,602 crores (USD 879.38 million) and INR 12,036 crores (USD 1.6 billion), respectively, in FY21, while exports stood at INR 531 crores (USD 66.48 million).
- Heavy-duty vehicle utilization is expected to rise in the future as a result of significant infrastructure investments.
- According to the Ministry of Commerce and Industry, the export of engineering goods has increased from USD 58.6 billion to USD 76.62 billion in 2021.
- In FY22, India exported engineering goods worth USD 111.63 billion, a 45.51% increase year-on-year. India exports engineering goods mostly to the United States and Europe, which account for over 60% of the total exports.
Therefore, the increasing demand for and usage of heavy equipment are further projected to drive the demand for industrial lubricants during the forecast period.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Surging Demand from Wind Energy Sector
- India's electricity industry is one of the world's most diverse. Power generating options include coal, lignite, natural gas, oil, hydro, and nuclear power, as well as feasible non-conventional options including wind, solar, and agricultural and household waste.
- The country's electricity demand has risen significantly and is likely to continue to climb in the coming years. To fulfill the country's growing need for power, a substantial increase in installed generating capacity is necessary.
- The lubricant requirements in wind turbine gearboxes are more stringent, compared to other industrial gear oils. This is due to the high temperatures, bearing wear, corrosion and oxidation, and load weights involved during the process of power generation.
- India's overall installed wind power capacity was 41.2 GW as of August 2022, making it the world's fourth-highest installed wind power capacity.
- The world’s largest renewable energy park of 30 GW capacity solar-wind hybrid project is under installation in Gujarat.
- The government is now also pushing for offshore wind. The Ministry of New and Renewable Energy has revived its offshore wind power development goals by unveiling a roadmap for installing 30GW by 2030.
- Tamil Nadu's wind production capacity was around 24% of India's total in 2021. The total wind installed capacity in Tamil Nadu is 9608.04 MW. Maharastra has an installed wind power capacity of 5000.33 MW. Government of Madhya Pradesh has sanctioned a 15 MW project at Nagda Hills near Dewas.
- Therefore, with an increase in wind energy infrastructure, the demand for industrial lubricants, such as gear oils, grease, etc., is expected to increase in the country, during the forecast period.
India Industrial Lubricants Industry Overview
The India industrial lubricants market is partially consolidated in nature. Some of the noticeable players in the market (not in any particular order) include Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Castrol Limited (BP), and Shell plc, among others.
India Industrial Lubricants Market Leaders
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
Castrol Limited (BP)
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
India Industrial Lubricants Market News
- December 2022: Indian Oil Corporation Ltd. (IOCL) partnered with FuelBuddy, which is India’s largest legal doorstep fuel delivery service for the marketing of automotive and industrial lubricants (SERVO, PAN India).
- February 2022: Gulf Oil Lubricant (India) entered into a strategic partnership with SCHWING for its construction equipment needs. This partnership will bring to the market a range of products that include lubricants like premium hydraulic oil, engine oil, axle oil, gear oil, and other industrial lubricants.
India Industrial Lubricants Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Demand from the Growing Wind Energy Sector
4.1.2 'Make in India' Initiative Expanding Industrial Base
4.2.1 Increased Environmental Pollution Leading to Growing Industrial Regulations
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products and Services
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION (Market Size in Volume)
5.1 Product Type
5.1.1 Engine Oil
5.1.2 Transmission and Hydraulic Fluid
5.1.3 Metalworking Fluid
5.1.4 General Industrial Oil
5.1.5 Gear Oil
5.1.7 Process Oil
5.1.8 Other Product Types
5.2 End-user Industry
5.2.1 Power Generation
5.2.2 Heavy Equipment
5.2.3 Food and Beverage
5.2.4 Metallurgy and Metalworking
5.2.5 Chemical Manufacturing
5.2.6 Other End-user Industries (Packaging, Oil and Gas (Drilling Fluids))
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share Analysis**
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Amsoil Inc.
6.4.2 Apar Industries Ltd
6.4.3 Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd
6.4.5 Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL)
6.4.6 Blaser Swisslube India Pvt. Ltd
6.4.7 Castrol Limited (BP)
6.4.8 Continental Petroleums Limited
6.4.9 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.10 Fuchs Lubricants Pvt. Ltd
6.4.11 GP Petrolemus Ltd
6.4.12 Gulf Oil Lubricants India
6.4.13 Hardcastle Petrofer Pvt. Ltd
6.4.14 Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL)
6.4.15 Idemitsu Lube India Pvt Ltd
6.4.16 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
6.4.17 Kluber Lubrication
6.4.18 Panama Petrochem Ltd
6.4.19 Shell PLC
6.4.20 Tide Water Oil Co. (India) Ltd (Veedol)
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
7.1 Growing Mining Operations
India Industrial Lubricants Market Research FAQs
What is the study period of this market?
The India Industrial Lubricants Market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of India Industrial Lubricants Market?
The India Industrial Lubricants Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Who are the key players in India Industrial Lubricants Market?
Indian Oil Corporation Ltd, Hindustan Petroleum Corporation Limited (HPCL), Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited (BPCL), Castrol Limited (BP), Shell plc are the major companies operating in India Industrial Lubricants Market.
India Industrial Lubricants Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 India Industrial Lubricants market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. India Industrial Lubricants analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2023 to 2028 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.