In-Mold Labels Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
In-Mold Labels Market Analysis
The in-mold labeling labels market is expected to register a CAGR of 9% by the end of the forecast period 2021-2026. These labels serve as an integral part of the final product that is delivered as a pre-decorated item. The COVID-19 pandemic disrupted the supply chain for the industry.
- The in-mold labeling provides the user with higher decorating options than other methods. The labels are strong and durable and can withstand both rough handlings, shipment-induced scuffing, provide Maximum print quality, Wide range of look & feel options, enables Quick design changeovers, Shorter production time and lower production costs, are Strong and hygienic, and Environmentally-friendly.
- The players in the industry, owing to the advantages offered by it, are increasingly looking forward to adopting IMLs. P&G partnered with Multi-Color Corporation to incorporate a more premium look and feel in their laundry packaging for a better shelf presence. MCC, to deliver a cold foil in-mold label to P&G, transitioned the large volumes of labels across all print technologies, including their entire liquid laundry portfolio and delivered on the desired design intent,.
- In September 2019, Cosmo Films launched a high tear-resistant synthetic paper, polypropylene films for repositionable and removable label applications, matte coated pressure-sensitive label stock films, transparent in-mold label film, high-speed WAL film, and pearlized metalized WAL film. Such instances are indicative of the fact that the in-mold label market is expected to grow over the forecast period.
- Moreover, companies are also investing in in-mold labeling systems that enable them to shorten production time and achieve higher print quality. For instance, in January 2020, announced that it received an order from a Brazilian plastic manufacturer for a robotic system of In-Mold Labeling (IML) system.
In-Mold Labels Market Trends
This section covers the major market trends shaping the In Mold Labels Market according to our research experts:
Food & Beverage Industry is Expected to Hold the largest Share.
- In-mold labeling is expected to exhibit maximum adoption in the food and beverage industry due to the importance of the aesthetic value of packaging in the food and beverage sector. Packaging helps increase the shelf-life of the products and helps attract potential customers.
- In-mold labels are made of a layer of high barrier materials between two layers of polypropylene. This superior barrier makes in-mold labels suitable for the food and beverage industry as it helps increase the shelf-life of the packaged food, thus reducing food wastage significantly.
- The IML and the containers manufactured through in-mold labeling can withstand ultra-low temperatures; thus, they are useful as Ice cream Containers, Yogurt Container, Butter Containers, a Cheese container, Jam container, and other frozen item Food Containers.
- Significant product developments and innovations made by the companies are expected to boost the market growth in the forecast period. For instance, in August 2019, Silafrica, a packaging supplier to the East Africa region, added a new Injection Compression Molding (ICM) manufacturing capabilities. It provides almost similar benefits of traditional injection molding while maintaining comparable strength and rigidity. Additionally, the packaging can be produced with in-mold labeling.
Asia-Pacific is Expected to Register Fastest Growth Rate
- In-mold labels are highly customizable, this coupled with the rising disposable income in the hands of the people in the region is expected to boost the demand for innovative, customized and premium labels.
- The companies in the region are expecting a rise in the demand for in-mold labels that are propelling them to either enter the market orexpand their production capacities. In February 2018, according toManjushree Technopack, in-mold labels are expected to see a rise in demand and henceforth has been working with suppliersto customize label applicators for efficient application of in-mold labels.
- Also, In October 2019, according to LabelShimbun, theshrink sleeves and in-mold labels are expected to seegrowth in the label usage as compared topressure-sensitive labels. Such instances are indicative of the fact that the market is poised to grow.
- The players in the region in order to cater to the rising trend are increasingly adopting in-mold labeling systems that enable them to achieve such objectives. This is expected to boost market growth in the region over the forecast period.
- In September 2019,Hora Arts Centreinstalled a Xeikon 3500 digital label press to reach customers’ just-in-time production lines in the region.The press iscapable ofprinting heattransfer, water transfer, in-mold labels, and continuous length wallpaper materials.
- Also, the players in the market are undergoing an expansion that enables them to gain a stronger market footprint, in turn, fueling the market growth over the forecast period. For instance,In September 2019, Barcom Industries announced that it is aiming to increase its market share by diversifying to printing in-mold labels (IML) that would allow it to cater toseveral industries including FMCG, liquor, lubricant oil, and many more.
In-Mold Labels Industry Overview
The competitive landscape of the In-Mold Labels market remains fragmented. The competitive rivalry amongst the players in the market is high owing to the presence of some key players such as CCL Industries, Multi-Color Corporation and many more. However, through extensive research and development, expansion strategies these players have been able to gain a stronger footprint in the market. This is evident from the following instances:
- November 2020 - CCL Industries Inc. announced plans for the new capacity investment at their Innovia Films extrusion site in Plock, Poland. A new six-meter multi-layer co-extrusion line would be installed to produce the EcoFloat shrink sleeve material.
- December 2020 - Huhtamaki, a global provider of sustainable packaging solutions for consumers, announced that it is investing in Russia for further growth. In order to respond to the fast development of the retail business and egg packaging industry in Eastern & Central parts of Russia, the company is setting up a new fiber packaging manufacturing plant at its existing site in Alabuga, Tatarstan.
In-Mold Labels Market Leaders
Smyth Companies, LLC
Taghleef Industries Inc.
Fort Dearborn Company
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
In-Mold Labels Market News
March 2020 - Muller Technology Colorado, a supplier of robots and automation systems for thin-wall packaging based in Fort Collins, CO, announced the launch of the M-Line robot. The integrated robotic and automation system delivers significantly greater flexibility and versatility for the production of injection molded packaging.
In-Mold Labels Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.3 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Force Analysis
4.3.1 Threat of New Entrants
4.3.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers/Consumers
4.3.3 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.3.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.3.5 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.4 Impact of COVID-19 on the Market
4.5 Market Drivers
4.5.1 Growing Demand for Appealing and Good Asthetics
4.5.2 The rising Need to Withstand Temperature Fluctuations
4.5.3 Increased Consumption of Frozen Containerized Foods
4.6 Market Restraints
4.6.1 Tedious Mold Production Process
4.6.2 Interoperability Issues
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By End-User Industries
5.1.1 Food & Beverage
5.1.4 Other End-user Industries
5.2.1 North America
5.2.3 Asia Pacific
5.2.4 Latin America
5.2.5 Middle East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
6.1 Company Profiles
6.1.1 CCL Industries.
6.1.2 Multi-Color Corporation
6.1.3 Taghleef Industries Inc.
6.1.4 Fort Dearborn Company
6.1.5 John Herrod & Associates
6.1.6 Inland Packaging (Inland Label and Marketing Services LLC)
6.1.7 Aspasie Inc.
6.1.8 General Press Corporation
6.1.9 Smyth Companies LLC
6.1.10 Huhtamaki Group
- *List Not Exhaustive
7. INVESTMENT ANALYSIS
8. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
In-Mold Labels Market Research FAQs
What is the current In Mold Labels Market size?
The In Mold Labels Market is projected to register a CAGR of 9% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in In Mold Labels Market?
CCL Industries., Multi-Color Corporation, Smyth Companies, LLC, Taghleef Industries Inc. and Fort Dearborn Company are the major companies operating in the In Mold Labels Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in In Mold Labels Market?
Asia Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in In Mold Labels Market?
In 2024, the North America accounts for the largest market share in In Mold Labels Market.
What years does this In Mold Labels Market cover?
The report covers the In Mold Labels Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the In Mold Labels Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
In-Mold Labels Industry Report
Statistics for the 2023 In-Mold Labels market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. In-Mold Labels analysis includes a market forecast outlook to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.