Hexane Market Snapshot
|Fastest Growing Market:||Asia-Pacific|
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
The global hexane market is projected to register a CAGR of over 4% during the forecast period 2022-2027.
The COVID-19 pandemic negatively impacted the market in 2020. However, sales for edible oil have recovered fast and are estimated to be reaching pre-COVID levels.
· Over the short term, the increasing demand for edible oil extraction is expected to drive the market’s growth during the forecast period.
· The availability of safer alternatives for oil extraction, such as cyclohexane, is expected to hinder the market growth in the forecast period 2022-2027.
· Asia-Pacific is expected to dominate the market and witness the highest CAGR during the forecast period.
Scope of the Report
Hexane is a volatile organic compound containing six carbon atoms with the formula C6H14, mainly produced from crude oil refining. It finds its major application in the extraction of edible oil. The hexane market is segmented by type, grade, application, and geography. By type, the market is segmented into n-hexane, isohexane, and neohexane. By grade, the market is segmented into polymer grade, food grade, and other grades. By application, the market is segmented into industrial solvents, edible oil extractants, cleansing & degreasing, and other applications (including thermometric fluid, agricultural chemical, additive fuel, and adhesive and sealants). The report also covers the size and forecasts for the market in 15 countries across major regions. The market sizing and forecasts have been done for each segment based on revenue (USD million).
|Edible Oil Extractant|
|Cleansing & Degreasing|
Key Market Trends
Edible Oil Extraction to Dominate the Market
· Hexane is increasingly used as a solvent to extract edible oils from seed and vegetable crops such as peanuts, soybeans, corn, etc.
· Hexane has a greater ability to extract oil as compared to other solvents, like petroleum ether and ethyl acetate. It easily mixes with vegetable oil and washes it out without disturbing fiber, protein, sugar, and undesired gums.
· Growth in the edible oil segment can be attributed to the rising awareness among consumers about the use of refined oil and its impact on health.
· According to the USDA Outlook 2021-22, global production of vegetable oils will amount to 214.8 million ton. This would be an 8.21 million ton rise compared to 2020-21.
· Additionally, consumers are inclined to pay higher prices for healthy food products due to the increasing food-based health challenges, such as high cholesterol, obesity, etc.
· The growing popularity of edible oils with additional health benefits in many countries is shaping the purchase decisions of edible oils, which are high in omega 3, vitamins, oryzanol, natural antioxidants, and others.
· Thus, this is likely to result in the edible oil extraction application dominating the market during the forecast period 2022-2027.
To understand key trends, Download Sample Report
Asia-Pacific to Dominate the Market
· The Asia-Pacific region is expected to dominate the hexane market during the forecast period. Hexane is used as a solvent for glues, varnishes, and inks. Moreover, it is used to extract oil and grease contaminants from soil and water for analysis in laboratories.
· The China National Grain and Oils Information Centre (CNGOIC) estimated that vegetable oil used for food would rise by 2.3% in 2021-2022 from the previous year to 37.8 million ton, supported by a strong foodservice industry and online food sales.
· The rapid growth of the food and beverage sector to meet demand from the growing population, and the demand for industrial-grade hexane from countries such as India, China, and Indonesia, are the major factors boosting the development of the hexane market in the Asia-Pacific region.
· The food and beverages sector in China was estimated to reach USD 230.96 billion by 2024, with a CAGR of about 11%, which is likely to create demand for food-grade hexane over the coming years.
· India is the world’s second-largest exporter of textiles and apparel, with a massive raw material and manufacturing base. Despite its size, the Indian textile industry has struggled globally. In recent years, India’s share in global textile exports has declined, while countries like Bangladesh and Vietnam have expanded their market shares.
· However, in the overall scenario, textile production in the country looks very positive, powered by burgeoning domestic consumption.
· Therefore, the factors mentioned above are expected to significantly impact the market over the coming years.
To understand geography trends, Download Sample Report
The hexane market is partially consolidated in nature, with a few major players dominating a significant portion of the market. Some of the major companies (in no particular order) are Exxon Mobil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Merck KGaA, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, and Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd, among others.
- · In May 2021, ExxonMobil announced an increase in the prices of all grades of the company’s hexane brands.
Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1.1 Growing Demand from Petrochemical Industries
4.1.2 Other Drivers
4.2.1 Safer Alternatives for Oil Extraction
4.2.2 Other Restraints
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.4.1 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.4.2 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.4.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.4.4 Threat of Substitute Products
4.4.5 Degree of Competition
5. MARKET SEGMENTATION
5.1 By Type
5.2 By Grade
5.2.1 Polymer Grade
5.2.2 Food Grade
5.2.3 Other Grades
5.3 By Application
5.3.1 Industrial Solvents
5.3.2 Edible Oil Extractant
5.3.3 Cleansing & Degreasing
5.3.4 Other Applications
5.4 By Geography
184.108.40.206 South Korea
220.127.116.11 Rest of Asia-Pacific
5.4.2 North America
18.104.22.168 Rest of Europe
5.4.4 South America
22.214.171.124 Rest of South America
5.4.5 Middle-East and Africa
126.96.36.199 Saudi Arabia
188.8.131.52 South Africa
184.108.40.206 Rest of Middle-East and Africa
6. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
*List Not Exhaustive
6.1 Mergers and Acquisitions, Joint Ventures, Collaborations, and Agreements
6.2 Market Share(%)**/Ranking Analysis
6.3 Strategies Adopted by Leading Players
6.4 Company Profiles
6.4.1 Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited
6.4.2 China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation
6.4.3 Exxon Mobil Corporation
6.4.4 GFS Chemicals Inc.
6.4.6 Indian Oil Corporation Ltd
6.4.7 Jun Yuan Petroleum Group
6.4.8 Liaoning Yufeng Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.9 Merck KGaA
6.4.10 Phillips 66 Company
6.4.12 Royal Dutch Shell PLC
6.4.13 Shenyang Huifeng Petrochemical Co. Ltd
6.4.14 Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd
6.4.15 Thai Oil Group
7. MARKET OPPORTUNITIES AND FUTURE TRENDS
You can also purchase parts of this report. Do you want to check out a section wise price list?
Frequently Asked Questions
What is the study period of this market?
The Hexane Market market is studied from 2017 - 2027.
What is the growth rate of Hexane Market?
The Hexane Market is growing at a CAGR of >4% over the next 5 years.
Which region has highest growth rate in Hexane Market?
Asia-Pacific is growing at the highest CAGR over 2021- 2026.
Which region has largest share in Hexane Market?
Asia-Pacific holds highest share in 2021.
Who are the key players in Hexane Market?
Merck KGaA, Exxon Mobil Corporation, Bharat Petroleum Corporation Limited, Royal Dutch Shell PLC, Sumitomo Chemical Co. Ltd are the major companies operating in Hexane Market.