Stem Cell Services Market
The market is one of the most rapidly growing markets. The market is currently valued at USD14 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 13.7% over the forecast period. The CAGR of the developed countries is expected to be comparatively less than the emerging markets such as India and China, as recent developments such as a lenient regulatory framework and a very much large diseased population have made them an excellent prospect.
Global Stem Cell Services Market- Market Dynamics
Stem cell research is one of the most exciting areas of science in the 21st century and has the potential to revolutionize the way we treat conditions, including degenerative diseases for which few effective treatments currently exist. Researchers, governments, and the general public have high expectations from this field and they hope that this research will one day produce great results that might cure diseases such as Parkinson's, Diabetes, Cancer and Alzheimer's.
The report details several factors that drive the market. Some of these are as follows:
- Increased interest in patients willing to undergo the stem cell treatment
- Highly diseased population in the emerging markets like India and China
- Recent developments such as the increase in the number of clinical trials in stem cell research
- Developments in the field of human stem cells
While the global stem cell services market has ample scope for growth, there are some factors restraining it as well. These include:
- Expensive treatment procedures
- Regulatory complications
- Ethical framework
The stem cell research market is segmented on the basis of service, therapeutic application, treatment, and geography. On the basis of service, stem cell banking occupies the majority share of the market. The stem cell services market is valued at USD 6.2 billion and is expected to grow at a CAGR of 15% over the forecast period.
On the basis of geography, USA holds the majority of share of 30%, followed by the UK. Recently, the emerging markets have shown a higher CAGR compared to the developed nations.
Some of the key players in the market are:
- Aastrom Biotechnologies, Inc.
- Advanced Cell Technology
- Cryo Cell International
- Cytori Therapeutics, Inc.
- Geron Corporation
- Neuralstem, Inc.
Key Deliverables in the Study
- Market analysis for the stem cell services market, with region-specific assessments and competition analysis on the global and regional scale.
- Market definition along with the identification of key drivers and restraints.
- Identification of factors instrumental in changing the market scenario, rising prospective opportunities, and identification of key companies that can influence this market on a global and regional scale.
- Extensively researched competitive landscape section with profiles of major companies along with their market share.
- Identification and analysis of the macro and micro factors that affect the market on both global and regional scale.
- A comprehensive list of key market players along with the analysis of their current strategic interests and key financial information.
- A wide-ranging knowledge and insights about the major players in this industry and the key strategies adopted by them to sustain and grow in the studied market.
- Insights on the major countries/regions where this industry is blooming and to also identify the regions that are still untapped.
1.1 Report Description
1.2 Research Methodology
2. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
2.1 Key Findings
2.2 Market Overview
3. MARKET OVERVIEW
3.1 Market Definition
3.1.2 Basic Properties of a Stem Cell
3.1.3 Sources of Stem Cells
3.1.4 Stem Cell Products
3.1.5 Embryonic Stem Cells
3.1.6 Fetal Stem Cells
3.1.7 Adult Stem Cells
3.1.8 Amniotic Stem Cell
3.1.9 Cord Blood Stem Cell
3.1.10 Induced Pluripotent Stem Cell
3.1.11 Stem Cell Therapy
3.1.12 Complications Involved in Stem Cell Therapy
3.2 Market Drivers
3.2.1 Health Consumer Demand
3.2.2 Increase in the Patient population
3.2.3 Increase in the approval for Clinical trials in Stem Cell Research
3.2.4 Human derived Stem cells
3.2.5 Emerging Markets with excellent prospects
3.3 Market Constraints
3.3.1 Highly expensive
3.3.2 Regulatory Complications
3.3.3 Ethical and Moral Framework
3.4 Market Opportunities
3.4.1 Potential to Cure Diseases
3.4.2 Development of New Drugs
4. GLOBAL STEM CELL MARKET SEGMENTATION
4.1 Service based
4.2 Therapeutic Application
4.3 Treatment based
5. GLOBAL STEM CELL SERVICE MARKET ANALYSIS & FORECASTING
5.1 Stem Cell Banking
5.2 Stem Cell Acquisition and testing
6. GLOBAL STEM CELL SERVICE MARKET: SEGMENTATION BY GEOGRAPHY
6.1 North America
6.4 Rest of the World
7. Regulatory Framework
7.1 North America
7.3.3 South Korea
7.4 Rest of the World
8. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
8.2 Mergers & Acquisitions
8.4 New Product Launch
9. COMPANY PROFILES
9.1 Aastrom Biotechnologies, Inc.
9.2 Advanced Cell Technology
9.4 Cryo Cell International
9.5 Cytori Therapeutics, Inc.
9.6 Geron Corporation
9.8 Neuralstem, Inc.
9.10 Osiris Therapeutics, Inc.
9.11 StemCells, Inc.
9.16 VetCell Biosciences Ltd