Office And Contact Center Headset Market Size
|2019 - 2029
|Base Year For Estimation
|Fastest Growing Market
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Need a report that reflects how COVID-19 has impacted this market and its growth?
Office And Contact Center Headset Market Analysis
The Office and Contact Center Headset Market was valued at USD 2.56 billion in the previous year and is expected to register a CAGR of 8.97% during the forecast period to become USD 4.28 billion by the next five years.
The surge in demand for gadgets like smartphones, tablets, and laptops drives the headsets market. Online streaming has accelerated the use of headphones in homes. The need for high-quality audio for better sound reception is the top choice among users.
- The increase in the number of customer service centers, specifically in emerging nations, and the expanding market for top-notch earphones have resulted in increasing sales of office and contact center headsets. There is also a significant desire for wireless headphones that come with Bluetooth and NFC technology and touch-sensitive controls.
- The versatility, sturdiness, and lightweight attributes of over-ear headphones, as well as their availability in different colors, are qualities that have made them preferred among consumers, which will further propel the expansion of the market in the projected timeframe.
- Moreover, retailers are adopting headsets for better connectivity with frontline workers. Recognizing the utility of wireless headsets in businesses, Jabra launched headsets for frontline workers to keep them connected. The ultra-noise-canceling microphone in the Jabra Perform 45, the latest edition from the company, can cancel out up to 80% of background noise, allowing Coworkers to hear each other. It is also integrated with a Push-to-talk (PTT) button to make workers more productive by enabling them to respond to any urgent questions and solve problems quickly no matter where the employees are on the shop floor.
- Furthermore, the need for cloud-based internet and video meetings is predicted to rise during the forecast period. As a greater number of people rely on audio, video, and web meetings to regularly connect with remote teams, the significance of headsets that deliver top-notch audio, minimize echoes and ambient sound, and ensure confidentiality is growing.
- In January 2023, Audio-Technica launched headsets exclusively for live-streaming content creators. The USP of these headsets is the microphone design that adjusts and allows positioning even as the user moves his head. The mic is placed close to the user's mouth by a flexible boom arm, which reduces background noise and produces clear audio.
- The COVID-19 pandemic significantly prompted the adoption of headgear as there was rising demand for gaming consoles, online video streaming, work-form home, and e-learning platforms. The demand is robust, and consumers are looking to spend on headgear embedded with the latest technologies like Bluetooth, ANC (active noise cancellation), and sleek design to make it more portable.
- As consumers get tech-savvy, they look forward to headsets that offer features to multitask efficiently, communicate clearly, and stay focused. The headset manufacturers should constantly research and analyze the customer behavior towards these communication devices and develop products with the latest technology and required features as per business needs.
Office And Contact Center Headset Market Trends
Wired Headsets to Hold Major Share
- Any potential connectivity or Bluetooth issues that occur while using wireless headphones are minimized after switching to wired headphones. While technology like Bluetooth supports digital signals that connect wireless headphones, the wired ones are integrated with analog signals that can handle more data and deliver excellent sound quality.
- The global headset demand is increasing and is expected to reach around 1.28 billion units by 2027. Users prefer wired headsets as they are more affordable than wireless ones. Although the cost largely depends on the technology that goes into developing them, Bluetooth models and gaming headset costs will always be on the upper side.
- Despite their technological advancements, Bluetooth headphones sometimes suffer from annoying issues like connection drop errors or showing connection even if the user completes a call. A wired headset gives smooth and continuous connectivity as it is directly plugged into the device.
- In February 2023, to overcome breaks in transmission and loss of quality, Sennheiser launched IE 200 wired earphones that feature a natural frequency response curve and virtually nonexistent harmonic distortion usually found in earphones. The brand has also improved the braided cable, which reduces handling noise.
- Moreover, these days, demand for type-C earphones is increasing as most Android phones are coming into the market without an earphone jack. This puts the purchasers in a dilemma, as they must choose between the numerous Bluetooth headphones or USB Type-C earphones. Bluetooth headphones are excellent. However, they are not favored by a majority of people, as they are cordless and, therefore, can be easily misplaced.
- Thus, several players are also focusing on introducing type C earphones for better communication and sound. For instance, in August 2022, OnePlus announced to introduce an upgraded USB Type-C wired earphones in India. These earphones are compatible with any Type-C USB port and pair easily with OnePlus devices. It will also allow users to modify the sound enhancement setting for a more customized sound.
- Furthermore, call centers are primarily choosing UC and business headsets due to the advantages they offer to their business operations, including enhanced employee productivity and effective client communication.
Asia-Pacific is Anticipated to Hold Major Market Growth
- Manufacturing is a crucial driver of economic growth for Asian countries. The Governments are encouraging international players to invest and shift their manufacturing operations in the APAC region. In 2023, the Asia-Pacific area is anticipated to lead global economic growth because of free trade agreements, effective supply chains, and affordable prices.
- The government of Vietnam is concentrating on services that can encourage the expansion of other industries, particularly manufacturing. Vietnam has become a viable choice for commercial investments amid the US-China trade conflict. Vietnam is eager to ease some limitations on the trade in services and foreign investment while enacting measures to increase competition and indigenous enterprises' access to financing.
- The government of India is promoting the Make in India Project to accelerate manufacturing in the country. The prices of the headphones, earbuds, and other wearables like smartwatches being imported into the country were hiked to boost local manufacturing. Though international brands have taken advantage of the PLI scheme, homegrown brands are taking initiatives to expand their portfolio in product manufacturing. For instance: The Indian wearables startup Boat manufactured over 10 million wearables products annually.
- Moreover, the region's robust need for business process outsourcing has predominantly fueled the requirement for professional headsets. Presently, India holds a leading position in the business process outsourcing market within the region. India's BPO sector is well-established and manages numerous primary and secondary (non-essential) business operations. These encompass customer service call centers, IT system advancement, IT infrastructure, and technical assistance. This upsurge in audio and video conferencing interactions during these operations amplifies the market demand for professional headsets.
Office And Contact Center Headset Industry Overview
The office and contact center headset market is moderate and has the potential to grow further as companies enhance their product portfolio with improved features and innovative ideas. Noise Cancellation, Bluetooth connectivity, and precise voice pick-up are features these headset companies have integrated into their products over time. To compete in the market, these headset brands are using strategic pricing and the latest technology. However, the market is dominated by players such as Samsung Electronics Co. Limited, LG Electronics, Panasonic Corporation, etc.
In March 2023, Mart Networks selected Jabra to develop video and headset devices for remote workers in Kenya. Jabra manufactures its products primarily for business enterprises and is developing platforms like Engage AI that help contact center agents enhance and improve the customer experience. The tool is helpful for customer service agents as it displays real-time sentiment scores during the call, thereby understanding the sentiments and engagement levels running on the customer side and agents.
In December 2022, Netflix signed a contract with Boat to launch stream edition products for Netflix. Along with headsets, neckbands and TWS earbuds will also be included. The headset will be loaded with Active Noise Cancellation (ANC) and a foldable design.
Office And Contact Center Headset Market Leaders
Samsung Electronics Co. Limited
Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
*Disclaimer: Major Players sorted in no particular order
Office And Contact Center Headset Market News
- March 2023: Sony revised its headset portfolio by launching noise-cancellation headphones. The headset uses an Integrated Processor V1 chip and Dual Noise Sensor technology that enables the headset to eliminate external sound and enhance the noise cancellation feature. It is embedded with sound tuning that supports low to high frequencies with natural and clear vocals.
- March 2023: Sennheiser enhanced its 600-series family by launching the Sennheiser HD 660S2. The company has improved the transducer airflow and an advanced voice coil feature. With tuning that reduces the distances between select peaks and troughs, this new product line will give users a better listening experience.
Office & Contact Center Headset Market Report - Table of Contents
1.1 Study Assumptions and Market Definition
1.2 Scope of the Study
2. RESEARCH METHODOLOGY
3. EXECUTIVE SUMMARY
4. MARKET DYNAMICS
4.1 Market Overview
4.2 Industry Attractiveness - Porter's Five Forces Analysis
4.2.1 Bargaining Power of Suppliers
4.2.2 Bargaining Power of Buyers
4.2.3 Threat of New Entrants
4.2.4 Intensity of Competitive Rivalry
4.2.5 Threat of Substitutes
4.3 Industry Value Chain Analysis
4.4 Assessment of COVID-19 impact on the industry
5. MARKET DYNAMICS
5.1 Market Drivers
5.1.1 Remote Work is expected to remain a major trend in the near future
5.1.2 Growing demand from Government & Healthcare vertical
5.1.3 Advanced noise cancellation and move towards wireless connectivity expected to drive demand
5.2 Market Challenges
5.2.1 Consumer-grade headsets with recent features are being preferred over professional-grade headsets
5.2.2 Decline usage of desktop phones coupled with shortage issues
6. MARKET SEGMENTATION
6.1 By Type
6.1.2 Contact Center
6.2 By Connectivity Type
6.3 By Geography
6.3.1 North America
188.8.131.52 United States
184.108.40.206 United Kingdom
220.127.116.11 Rest of the Europe
18.104.22.168 Rest of the Asia-Pacific
6.3.4 Latin America
6.3.5 Middle East and Africa
7. COMPETITIVE LANDSCAPE
7.1 Key Vendor Profiles
7.1.1 Samsung Electronics Co. Limited
7.1.2 LG Electronics
7.1.3 Panasonic Corporation
7.1.4 Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG
7.1.5 Audio-Technica Corporation
7.1.6 Sony Corporation
7.1.7 Plantronics, Inc.
8. INVESTMENT SCENARIO
9. MARKET OUTLOOK
Office & Contact Center Headset Market Research FAQs
What is the current Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market size?
The Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market is projected to register a CAGR of 8.97% during the forecast period (2024-2029)
Who are the key players in Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market?
Samsung Electronics Co. Limited, LG Electronics, Panasonic Corporation, Sennheiser electronic GmbH & Co. KG and Audio-Technica Corporation are the major companies operating in the Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market.
Which is the fastest growing region in Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market?
Asia-Pacific is estimated to grow at the highest CAGR over the forecast period (2024-2029).
Which region has the biggest share in Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market?
In 2024, the Asia-Pacific accounts for the largest market share in Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market.
What years does this Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market cover?
The report covers the Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market historical market size for years: 2019, 2020, 2021, 2022 and 2023. The report also forecasts the Global Office and Contact Center Headset Market size for years: 2024, 2025, 2026, 2027, 2028 and 2029.
Global Office and Contact Center Headset Industry Report
Statistics for the 2024 Office And Contact Center Headset market share, size and revenue growth rate, created by Mordor Intelligence™ Industry Reports. Office And Contact Center Headset analysis includes a market forecast outlook to for 2024 to 2029 and historical overview. Get a sample of this industry analysis as a free report PDF download.